• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
@ Snapp- Nah man I couldn't sell my controller, it's just been through so much that it has mad sentimental value to me. I bought the extra one to well for that exact reason...to have an extra one...but then the extra one broke...lol. Oh and you're gonna play Ness? Watch out, my boy Crio here as well as my bro have given me Ness Exp. Can't wait to see what you have in store for me. =P

@Omega- Congrats on getting money in man! Melee is too fun and is definitely worth spending some money and traveling for so that'll be great to see you getting into SC Melee. Also I'd like to give you a shoutout and say THANK YOU for putting in that confirmed tournament date. I'll be adding you as a player and your tournament to this page following this post.

@Crio-I know right? Snapp choose a diff substance, I'm thinking more like Uno....or maybe Jenga Blocks. HELL YEAH JENGA BLOCKS.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I take Tekken Tag/5 over any other fighting game that isn't KoFXI, any Guilty Gear and Street Fighter 3rd Strike (only, 4 can suck my baaaaaaalls, says the guy who ran tourneys for it...) <3

so I imagine 6 is pretty good, too, but I haven't tried it yet, so, dunno.

*Tekken pride* I can't EWGF and I don't care I play for my love of the characters and story <3

/Tekken spamming on a Smash Brothers forum

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Don't sell drugs to support your smash brothers addiction.

Edit: Tekken 6? Wtf, Snapp. I thought you had class.
Nah, drug selling gets you money fast but is uber risky ~ and Tekken is classic....there is nothing wrong with Tekken talk (Snapps AIM name is NO~CLASS)

@Omega- Congrats on getting money in man! Melee is too fun and is definitely worth spending some money and traveling for so that'll be great to see you getting into SC Melee. Also I'd like to give you a shoutout and say THANK YOU for putting in that confirmed tournament date. I'll be adding you as a player and your tournament to this page following this post.
No sweat Kidd, and I can't wait to really become an active smasher...for real this time....it only took about 5 years lol -- On the topic of money....it's really just leftover cash that I didn't spend on school

~Gotta love Finiancial Aid, right!? lol But it's money none-the-less

I take Tekken Tag/5 over any other fighting game that isn't KoFXI, any Guilty Gear and Street Fighter 3rd Strike (only, 4 can suck my baaaaaaalls, says the guy who ran tourneys for it...) <3

so I imagine 6 is pretty good, too, but I haven't tried it yet, so, dunno.

*Tekken pride* I can't EWGF and I don't care I play for my love of the characters and story <3

/Tekken spamming on a Smash Brothers forum
Tekken and BlazBlue spam is teh way to go along with some Street Fighter

(Maybe even some Tatsunoko vs Capcom) :chuckle:

@Snapple~Big ups for the Ballin signature -- that **** is hilarious!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
So I definitely played brawl at my friend's house today. Stuff was the bomb! I think I really like Kirby to lol. Peach is sexy and all but I need somebody who can like you know...KO people? Lol. Still maining her to death though but I'm gonna give Kirby a test drive sometime soon at a tournament if Peach doesn't cut it as well as I'd like her to. Honestly though even if I lose with her I'll main Peach lol. =)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I really admire that spirit, Kidd. Just stay on the scene this time and don't vanish like you tend to :p
Hah thanks man! I'm staying for good now though, I really mean it this time =D. Peach is looking mighty fine in Melee unfortunately for Mario, I may need to hybrid main for that one, I can't pick! D=

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
So I definitely played brawl at my friend's house today. Stuff was the bomb! I think I really like Kirby to lol. Peach is sexy and all but I need somebody who can like you know...KO people? Lol. Still maining her to death though but I'm gonna give Kirby a test drive sometime soon at a tournament if Peach doesn't cut it as well as I'd like her to. Honestly though even if I lose with her I'll main Peach lol. =)
I played Peach after I you beat me along time ago O: I picked her up as a secondary and I'm really good with her. So good, I mindgame people into fully charged Foward Airs. Yeah...I can do that |:

I also play Kirby, he's one of my mains. Bair alot, and use moar Gonzo combo. Watch out for Marth's Fair, even if your opponent is playing Donkey Kong, Marth will sneak up on you if your Kirby....stuff happens.

But yeah, if you main peach, your gonna need a secondary. Play Pikachu.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Pikachu's stupid.

If you're going to play a low tier and you're going to have a serious secondary, pick someone in the S-tier—or whatever tier MK & Snake are in.

Then again, if you do that, you're probably going to realize that the higher tiered character is better and thus you're going to end up maining them before everything's over with.

Which, would completely eliminate the need for a secondary.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Pikachu's stupid.

If you're going to play a low tier and you're going to have a serious secondary, pick someone in the S-tier—or whatever tier MK & Snake are in.

Then again, if you do that, you're probably going to realize that the higher tiered character is better and thus you're going to end up maining them before everything's over with.

Which, would completely eliminate the need for a secondary.
Don't listen to him, he thinks Pikachu's dumb. >.> If your going to play a low tier, just have another character (not neccisarily high tier) to watch your mains bad matchups.

But yeah, if you pick an S tier, they will become ALOT better then Peach if you put as much time into them. Kirby's great though.

DEVIN!!!!!!!!!! Go back to NCSU host a tourney then take all their moneyz.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Hey yall, I hope Scha is still having his anual smash tourney this december. Sniff sniff it would be sooo awsome if he was. Kidd where did u go this past year. Must have done some serious hard core training. Now u play with peach. Nice. Hopefully we get to play sometime when i get back down there for winter break

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lol yeah Im going to VCU right now for biomedical Engineering. Va is fun. I haven't found a job yet. But other than that, its pretty nice. A whole lot of different people. Oh and theres a really good smash scene here. Im able to play peeps like doll, savage, neelo, wes, oh and G-reg stoped by their place like last week. My falco isn't a 100% where he was. But he almost there. And I'm getting a good review in by getting my tail handed to me for not being fast enough with the ____ fast fall L-cancel shine. Oh and My fiance and I aren't long distance anymore. Which is another major pluss. Hows life been treating you Dr. Peepee.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Great to hear things are going well man! We really should get caught up at one of these tournies soon if your schedule allows.

Life is pretty good. I'm a freshman at Wake Forest. It's a lot of work, but I know a smasher on campus(Seven), and we play a good bit. He'll be gone next year, but it's cool because I'm close to a good bit of people now.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
sounds awwsome man. And yeah we definetly catch up at tournie some time. IF I can't make it up there this winter break. I'll definetly try during the spring semester. An by then I should definetly have a job.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
I'm a new poster on Smashboards but I've been lurking for I don't know how many years. I live in Columbia and go to University of South Carolina. I play Melee mostly but it seems like everyone here only plays Brawl which is gay.

My Melee main is Marth with a side of Falcon, Falco, and occasionally Doc and Mewtwo for the lulz.

I hate Brawl but I play Falco.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
Just makin sure. I wanna go to bills but I got a ticket to the Florida/Carolina game this weekend so. I'm gonna try to come up to Herb 3 though, and I'll try to bring some scrubs/unknowns from the Columbia area if I can. Also if anyone in the Columbia area wants to get a Melee league going, I'm down.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm a new poster on Smashboards but I've been lurking for I don't know how many years. I live in Columbia and go to University of South Carolina. I play Melee mostly but it seems like everyone here only plays Brawl which is gay.

My Melee main is Marth with a side of Falcon, Falco, and occasionally Doc and Mewtwo for the lulz.

I hate Brawl but I play Falco.
I'm not the biggest fan of Brawl either....but I play Lucario lol :chuckle:

Just makin sure. I wanna go to bills but I got a ticket to the Florida/Carolina game this weekend so. I'm gonna try to come up to Herb 3 though, and I'll try to bring some scrubs/unknowns from the Columbia area if I can. Also if anyone in the Columbia area wants to get a Melee league going, I'm down.
I'm all good for Melee but SC really is not into it....sadly

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
WHAT THE ****

SPANK

WHO THE FU
WHAT

lol god **** it

I moved to Charleston like, seven months ago. I lived in Columbia for 2 and a half years. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU THEN!!??!

anyway.
I'm going to Columbia next Monday actually, and possibly part of Tuesday. If there is a way to meet up and play some o' dat Melee I am absolutely ready. Tuesday afternoon is preferable.

I was at USC too what the fuuu I hate when this happens lol.
and god **** Charleston sucks so much.
You can see how amazing I am (......... or not) in my ****in' combo video (in my sig which I forgot make show up, but ****)
just watch it cause it's from Columbia, Columbia pride man. (although my time at USC was some of the worst months of my life...)

someone is getting fire spikes >:o

ps welcome to the boards

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
WHAT THE ****

SPANK

WHO THE FU
WHAT

lol god **** it

I moved to Charleston like, seven months ago. I lived in Columbia for 2 and a half years. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU THEN!!??!

anyway.
I'm going to Columbia next Monday actually, and possibly part of Tuesday. If there is a way to meet up and play some o' dat Melee I am absolutely ready. Tuesday afternoon is preferable.

I was at USC too what the fuuu I hate when this happens lol.
and god **** Charleston sucks so much.
You can see how amazing I am (......... or not) in my ****in' combo video (in my sig which I forgot make show up, but ****)
just watch it cause it's from Columbia, Columbia pride man. (although my time at USC was some of the worst months of my life...)

someone is getting fire spikes >:o

ps welcome to the boards
Haha, thanks dude. I just started going to USC in August so I've only been here a few months. I'm from Augusta and the Melee scene there doesn't really exist either. One of my best friends is from Charleston and we both play Melee, although I'm noticable better than him, so whenever I'm down there I'll give you a holler. Tuesday afternoon should work for me, just give me a holler. I have class until around 2 on Tuesdays but after that should be good.

Also, are you gonna go to Herb 3?

Dill, your name is hilarious.

I want to melee you.
:bee: sure thing, you anywhere near Columbia?

Top Bottom