• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
i'm kind of sad that USC isn't having another brawl tournament. not because I wanna play brawl but because now me and charlie have no reason to make paper airplanes and bombard the people playing with them from upstairs.

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
If rc leaves, I ****ing quit. god damn, I don't think I've ever been this angry. I don't want to sound like a whinny ***** but **** it.

This is some bull****.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Dill you're... you're Georgia's now :D

Man, look at this reception. I'm moved to tears by your thoughts. C'mon guys I ain't that important or good. Smash is all but dead to me anymore really, and I'm quite sick of being with my family. The opportunity to live relatively alone and doing work for my father far away is quite a satisfying one indeed, to be honest. Sort of a fresh start, getting away from everything. Kind of like Wolverine I suppose, you know in the movie when he lived in like Canada or something...

I still want to make my video and this certainly won't be for another month or more, anyway. The other option at my disposal is that I can move to Orangeburg, as I have opportunity there, but that is... not favorable to me.

Either way I will likely be out of Charleston before the summer... :/
not entirely of my own choosing, I'd like to add.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
The melee scene will topple?

What melee scene?

We have like 4 different areas of SC that are all mediocre and never play each other. And TRC.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
wouldn't it be funny if josh's brother was really short and fat and had a beard and a funny hat

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
"with my brother lately"

instantly translated to

"I've been using Ganondorf against my brother lately, and he cannot seem to defeat me..."

strong urge to type the rest but I won't

I might come to Columbia on Saturday

I also will probably stop playing this game soon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Oh no, I was referring to this game/community. I try to keep IRL problems off the boards.

I want to play Starcraft 2 instead of this but my PC and internet are not up to par :/

AND STEELIA I SEE YOU LURKING

COME TO CHARLESTON >:o

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
But its MELEEEEEEEEE

honestly MvC3 got me back into it. TBH I haven't played in 2 months (though I'm not rusty at all). Marvel 3 just didn't cut it. It's not the same deal as brawl but it's really meh in the gameplay department.

Steelia

Smash Champion
AND STEELIA I SEE YOU LURKING

COME TO CHARLESTON >:o
LOL
I've been thinking about it for a good while, and I've only got college classes on Monday. But go figure the one vehicle I'd need decides its coolant and other internal components are expired, and now the thing won't work at all. car johns?
Probably stuck for a while. :c 'll see if I can take off in our other, actually good car. One day. Maybe. Possibly.

...Haven't played since... like a random live stream almost 2 weeks ago. Mewtwo beckons. I will play again soon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
Austin, you can't complain about failing community / disrespect when the people who live closest to you say you're always welcome to come visit :/

STEP

IT

UP

I mean, none of us here are very good, but i reckon i'd give you a decent enough challenge these days*, and we always have a lot of fun when we play, more than most groups of better players probably

not implying anything about anyone else here's abilities, just saving the unjustified cockiness for myself :D

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Charlie the community comment has nothing to do with this state, it has to do with Young Link and Project M. I'm quite fine with how everyone here thinks of me.

related note : William got a lot better last night. Like, my Fox was scared better.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
ah please excuse my obnoxiousness, I was pretty ****ing drunk last night ha. but yeah. good old beer eh?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If everything falls in correctly I shouldn't be out of here before June arrives.

Once again Orangeburg is also an option. That would also make me like 40 min from Columbia, as well. But... ****... such a terrible job I'll be stuck with forever... and ever... and...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Not really a double post, it's completely unrelated.

This (brawl tourney today) is the second time I have watched Vince (of Charleston) completely dominate his opponents in Brawl. This man needs a challenge. He's really good imo, smart guy. So I want to see if I can get him to G6 or something and see how he does. If so, EVERY OTHER SC PLAYER NEEDS TO PLAY HIM.

Because I think he's best in state for Brawl at the moment. I would pay money to watch him and Devin play, I think it'd be some really good matches.

By the way, he mains Snake, but he likes Poke Trainer, Pikachu, and GameWatch a lot.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I swear to god you can never bring up PT without someone bringin up Reflex.

That's like not being able to bring up Pika without someone bringin up Axe. lol

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Reflex is the pokemon trainer. Its his approach to the game seriously. He used one of the worst characters in Melee and was considered the best with that character (Gimpyfish being the best bowser is debatable). Low tiers in Brawl are somewhat better than melee low tiers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUpWerwtXlQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9zOjgtdaSM (then again poyo sucks and snap agrees lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNu0dqERIQ (Izaw too good)

Top Bottom