• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Is anyone in the region interested in actually playing any time during holiday break? Im free and can host up if people are interested in playing anymore, melee, brawl, project m, -,+ , s4, mvc3, yugioh, idc what. hit me up if people want to play (8036038324)

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Merry xmas and happy holidays yall. I'm also back from va. I shall be around for a little while till i move for job. Gaia-x and others, we shall play. My number is 804-484-5904

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Are there any melee players near Hilton Head? I'm going to be in the area and looking to crash a few ppl around if possible =D

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hilton Head Island, that is. It's about 45 min northeast of Savannah Georgia. Maybe I should look into that...

:phone:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
so u beat my bad character than lost to my worst character. I quit brawl already. to boring.

but if i feel like coming out ill do an MM

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
some of the melee people trynig to get me to go, havent really heard what they are doing yet ill text them today.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Hey all! It's been awhile, hasn't it? Hope you're all doing well for yourselves. Lately I've fallen off of the face of the earth but alas, I am back! For how long? I dunno LOL. Anyway, What's been goin' on? Who's still actively playing? Any new players? Also I see that there are some tournaments happening in NC on the 9th. I'm inclined to possibly go to the one in Raleigh due to the higher Melee attendance, though I'm gonna get wrecked :(. Oh well though lol. Talk to me, SC! What's up?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321

I have recently started playing Melee again though mostly for fun.
And at the same time, Project M, also for fun, and because Ivysaur is the stuff dreams are made of.
I miss you so much lol. And I do still have your Ronin Warriors LOL dude I forgot I had them, wow you mind effed me there. Also I lost some weight as well! Around 70 pounds at this point, actually.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
id play melee if people were down. And i have others as well. But im in new york currently and wont be back for about a month. But will probably be fairly active once i do return

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Gaia that sounds cool man, see if you can get some matches in with NY players!

Gosh, I wonder if there are any local SC tournaments anymore? I miss the old days with the Gamer's Edge tournaments. Was thinking about going out of state on Feb 1st to the smashfest in GA but it seems like there's no interest in Melee for that one. I MAY go to the tourny at NSCU in Raleigh on the 9th. Depends on if I get the money because I'm one sad broke dude at the moment. May have to sell a game or something.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well im in upstate new york which is just about as dead as s.c

Not as bad as s.c but still pretty bad. more brawl here than melee because the melee people dont leave there homes to play.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I would host the **** out of a Melee/PM thing, but Charleston is a ****ing terrible location, being on the coast and generally 2+ hours from everything that matters.

Congrats on the loss Holymars; I'm about 70 down as well from my highest weight. (40 gone in the past two months :D) when we see each other again we'll be too sexy and the venue might crack into pieces under the pressure.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I would host the **** out of a Melee/PM thing, but Charleston is a ****ing terrible location, being on the coast and generally 2+ hours from everything that matters.

Congrats on the loss Holymars; I'm about 70 down as well from my highest weight. (40 gone in the past two months :D) when we see each other again we'll be too sexy and the venue might crack into pieces under the pressure.
Charleston is so far away, sad fays. Also wow, incredible weight loss man! I'm really proud of you to see you've progressed to this level! My weight loss was weird for me because even though I'm not overweight anymore, I'm having to get used to NOT being overweight because I was obese for the ENTIRETY of my teenhood, heck I was a bit plump when I was 11/12. I used to be antisocial because of how stupidly self conscious I was about my appearance, and it's like I have to remind myself when I'm in a public place that I'm not large anymore so people aren't going to judge me for that.

Tl;dr being obese mindgames you so hard

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Dude I know exactly where you're coming from. People who were never fat really don't know how bad it honestly is and how badly people treat you. It's kind of ****ed up, but that's humanity so.

As for Smash Bros.
I'd potentially be interested in attending an event especially if PM is involved, just cuz it's new and I don't know everything in the game like I do w/ Melee. But I'd still go for Melee, not sure if I'd go too far, but if it was in SC I'd probably make it.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Dude I know exactly where you're coming from. People who were never fat really don't know how bad it honestly is and how badly people treat you. It's kind of ****ed up, but that's humanity so.

As for Smash Bros.
I'd potentially be interested in attending an event especially if PM is involved, just cuz it's new and I don't know everything in the game like I do w/ Melee. But I'd still go for Melee, not sure if I'd go too far, but if it was in SC I'd probably make it.
I would ask to team for Brawl, but :scared:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
For what exactly? 1 guy just up and saying "come play at my venue" does absolutely nothing to convince me to drive 5+ hours to play a video game.

And what in the ****ing **** happened to Smashboards. Really? No more classic blue? I was using that skin for like 10 years. Smashboards can eat a **** now.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Figured I would just throw this out there since this thread is so dead.

I'm willing to drive as far as Columbia to play Project M with anyone who wants to battle for best-in-state. I'm not saying I'm that, I'm saying I'd like to know who is. I'm extremely eager to test my mains out on new threats.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
2 hour drive give or take a few minutes. At this point Melee is dead to me and PM is the only smash game I plan on playing again in the future. (Not that I have ill feelings towards Melee; it's just there's nothing left to do in that game for me except learn Ice Climber techs and I hate IC's)

Top Bottom