• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So...... Now we just wait and see, I guess? E3 could still have some surprises I reckon, seeing as there's that hidden 3ds game they've yet to talk about... Like someone on Reddit said, what if it's a new Rhythm Heaven?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Side Note: If they're debating between cutting Lucas or Ness I kind of wonder what the two character's status as playable in the coding is...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Side Note: If they're debating between cutting Lucas and Ness I kind of wonder what the two character's status as playable in the coding is...
I think ONE of the boys is a given, seeing as we have the items and the Mother symbol that someone found, but I dunno...

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Side Note: If they're debating between cutting Lucas and Ness I kind of wonder what the two character's status as playable in the coding is...
Lucas will probably be if they decide to cut one
No, you didn't. No one knew if it was true or fake until the last few announcements.

Also, no, the three remaining newcomers mentioned in the leak aren't necessarily the final ones.

Why? Because Rosalina.
Why would he mention rosalina if she was already announced. lol

Also like I said if sakurai has some secret characters they are welcome but this leak is 100 percent legit.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I think ONE of the boys is a given, seeing as we have the items and the Mother symbol that someone found, but I dunno...
I should've said Lucas OR Ness because yeah, I know one of them is getting in. And if that's the case I'm both hoping for and expecting to see Ness though having both of them would be ideal. But that's not my question xD

Shroob

Sup?
So.... anyone who opposes the leak have a good argument against the Sneaky Spirit? From what we've seen, every Smash Run enemy is tied to a playable franchise, Smash original enemies the sole exception.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
So.... anyone who opposes the leak have a good argument against the Sneaky Spirit? From what we've seen, every Smash Run enemy is tied to a playable franchise, Smash original enemies the sole exception.
Well, actually, Mii Fighters are listed in the website along with the Smash series symbol... I found it strange, because a Mii logo (like in Mario Kart) or a Find Mii one (like the crown from the 3DS stage) would have had more sense...

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Damn. So I guess this pretty much destroys any credibility to any other leak out there, huh? I'm ok with that, most of them sucked anyway.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing I don't like is how they're gonna have DLC, but they've already relegated a lot of perfectly good characters to AT status. Like Dillon and such.
The best hope for DLC is semi-clones anyway. Maybe 1-2 fully original characters. Roy, Dixie Kong, Impa (for Sheik), Lucas, and perhaps Falco (well, Lucas and Falco can be exchanged for Ness and Wolf).

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I can't believe people are still denying this.

Even if the last 3 characters aren't revealed, that won't change the fact he got the majority of them right.

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
So i'm gonna assume the next character will be Shulk and then Chrom and CM will be saved with other secret characters when the game releases.

Off Topic: So like was that how Mr. G&W will look in this game!?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The best hope for DLC is semi-clones anyway. Maybe 1-2 fully original characters. Roy, Dixie Kong, Impa (for Sheik), Lucas, and perhaps Falco (well, Lucas and Falco can be exchanged for Ness and Wolf).
I'd like to hope they would put more effort into it. If they're just going to throw clones at us it'll seem like a major cash grab.

I'm thinking they won't release DLC characters too often and they might stick to newcomer trailers appearing in directs to keep a constant level of hype. Maybe the trailers won't be quite as flashy as pre launch ones though.

I'd like to think Sakurai will still treat the dlc characters with respect and careful thought. Not just "let's throw in all the half baked ideas we had left over".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So i'm gonna assume the next character will be Shulk and then Chrom and CM will be saved with other secret characters when the game releases.

Off Topic: So like was that how Mr. G&W will look in this game!?
I doubt it. I think :gw:'s design was done just for the trivia tidbit thing at the end. :gw:'s final model will probably resemble his Melee/Brawl appearance more.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I doubt it. I think :gw:'s design was done just for the trivia tidbit thing at the end. :gw:'s final model will probably resemble his Melee/Brawl appearance more.
I kinda liked that design, it seems more in like with his quirkiness.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So that 90 minute developer QnA tonight? My bets on a new Rhythm Heaven game, maybe they may even reveal Chorus men?

D

Deleted member

I kinda liked that design, it seems more in like with his quirkiness.
I guess we'll just have to wait until he's confirmed. I don't care either way. As long as the character is there. He could look like Tommy Wiseau but I'd still play him if he had the same moves.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So that 90 minute developer QnA tonight? My bets on a new Rhythm Heaven game, maybe they may even reveal Chorus men?
I'm sorry but I can't help but struggle to imagine a 90 minute developer Q&A for a rhythm game. What are they going to talk about?

I'm not bad mouthing the game, I'm just saying it seems like a series that would benefit way more from being played than talked about or even looked at.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I'm sorry but I can't help but struggle to imagine a 90 minute developer Q&A for a rhythm game. What are they going to talk about?

I'm not bad mouthing the game, I'm just saying it's a series that would benefit more from being played than talked about or even looked at.
I guess you have a point... Maybe a sort of spin-off? Where the main characters are the Chorus Men or Marshal?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So with this leak and assuming the 48 character 4 cuts is true the roster should be like this.

Obviouslynot exactly like this. Cause I accidentally put the characters in the wrong order at the bottom.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So with this leak and assuming the 48 character 4 cuts is true the roster should be like this.

Obviouslynot exactly like this. Cause I accidentally put the characters in the wrong order at the bottom.
Pretty much, unless some character we don't know about takes Mewtwo's place.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This might turn into a rant on my part, but I need to get this off my chest. If the Gematsu leak is true, I'll honestly be disappointed. There are a few newcomers that I like in the roster, but most of it either doesn't particularly stand out or has me sincerely questioning Sakurai's priorities, and if the rumoured cuts are true as well, that just makes it even more frustrating.

At this point, it's difficult to tell how accurate the Gematsu leak is. While it's been pretty accurate so far, it missed Rosalina, used the incredibly vague description of "Pokemon from X and Y" to cover Greninja, and the remaining characters (aside from Wii Fit Trainer) were easier to predict (given Animal Crossing's popularity, a lot of people figured we'd get a playable character in some form; Little Mac and Palutena's series had just undergone a major revival; the Miis have been in just about everything since their debut, and Mega Man and Pac Man were the two "safest" third party picks). The only unexpected one that they listed was Wii Fit Trainer, but if the rest of the characters are accurate, that's where it gets dicey.

Shulk, I have no problem with. Admittedly, I'm not very far into Xenoblade Chronicles, but he seems like he'd be interesting.

With Chrom, it's kind of frustrating. Instead of picking someone from Fire Emblem Awakening's large ensemble cast to demonstrate one of the many different classes that the franchise has to offer, they'd be going with yet another blue-haired swordsman, one who uses the exact same weapon as another character who's already in the game and representing the same series. While I have no doubts that they could make him more interesting than what I think, I'd really like to see Fire Emblem get a greater variety of characters in Smash Bros., so that it's known for more than just a series which features sword users with blue hair.

As for the Chorus Men, I don't know much about Rhythm Heaven, but by my understanding, they're singing children who, in their home games, are incapable of fighting. If this is the entire roster of newcomers for the new Smash Bros. game, I have absolutely no idea why they should take priority over the dozens or hundreds of other characters who were speculated about. I understand that adding quirky characters is part of the appeal of Smash Bros., but when they take priority over characters that people actually want, it doesn't make as much sense.

Admittedly, I feel like a lot of series (Mario, Zelda, Kirby, among others) have reached the point where there aren't really any newcomers that need to be added, but there are some (such as Metroid and Donkey Kong) which seem to be horribly under-represented given how much they've expanded since the original SSB on the Nintendo 64, and many new series (Golden Sun, for example) that have a long history with Nintendo, and who really should have been considered before something like a fitness trainer or singing children.

On top of that, there's the rumoured cuts of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, and Snake. I don't know if these are part of the same rumour or if they're just what people are speculating, but it would be incredibly disappointing if they cut out three completely unique movesets, as well as a character who has unique A-moves. The cuts from Melee to Brawl were, for the most part, justified - the only questionable one was Mewtwo, and he had the largest outcry against his exclusion by far because he was the only one who wasn't a clone. However, if these four characters are cut, there isn't really the same justification there as there was with Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu.

Like I said, it's too early to say if this leak is valid for sure, but if it's accurate, and those four characters are cut to make room for characters like the Wii Fit Trainer and the Chorus Men while series like Metroid and DK continue to get shafted, I will be incredibly disappointed.

Shroob

Sup?
This might turn into a rant on my part, but I need to get this off my chest. If the Gematsu leak is true, I'll honestly be disappointed. There are a few newcomers that I like in the roster, but most of it either doesn't particularly stand out or has me sincerely questioning Sakurai's priorities, and if the rumoured cuts are true as well, that just makes it even more frustrating.

At this point, it's difficult to tell how accurate the Gematsu leak is. While it's been pretty accurate so far, it missed Rosalina, used the incredibly vague description of "Pokemon from X and Y" to cover Greninja, and the remaining characters (aside from Wii Fit Trainer) were easier to predict (given Animal Crossing's popularity, a lot of people figured we'd get a playable character in some form; Little Mac and Palutena's series had just undergone a major revival; the Miis have been in just about everything since their debut, and Mega Man and Pac Man were the two "safest" third party picks). The only unexpected one that they listed was Wii Fit Trainer, but if the rest of the characters are accurate, that's where it gets dicey.

Shulk, I have no problem with. Admittedly, I'm not very far into Xenoblade Chronicles, but he seems like he'd be interesting.

With Chrom, it's kind of frustrating. Instead of picking someone from Fire Emblem Awakening's large ensemble cast to demonstrate one of the many different classes that the franchise has to offer, they'd be going with yet another blue-haired swordsman, one who uses the exact same weapon as another character who's already in the game and representing the same series. While I have no doubts that they could make him more interesting than what I think, I'd really like to see Fire Emblem get a greater variety of characters in Smash Bros., so that it's known for more than just a series which features sword users with blue hair.

As for the Chorus Men, I don't know much about Rhythm Heaven, but by my understanding, they're singing children who, in their home games, are incapable of fighting. If this is the entire roster of newcomers for the new Smash Bros. game, I have absolutely no idea why they should take priority over the dozens or hundreds of other characters who were speculated about. I understand that adding quirky characters is part of the appeal of Smash Bros., but when they take priority over characters that people actually want, it doesn't make as much sense.

Admittedly, I feel like a lot of series (Mario, Zelda, Kirby, among others) have reached the point where there aren't really any newcomers that need to be added, but there are some (such as Metroid and Donkey Kong) which seem to be horribly under-represented given how much they've expanded since the original SSB on the Nintendo 64, and many new series (Golden Sun, for example) that have a long history with Nintendo, and who really should have been considered before something like a fitness trainer or singing children.

On top of that, there's the rumoured cuts of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, and Snake. I don't know if these are part of the same rumour or if they're just what people are speculating, but it would be incredibly disappointing if they cut out three completely unique movesets, as well as a character who has unique A-moves. The cuts from Melee to Brawl were, for the most part, justified - the only questionable one was Mewtwo, and he had the largest outcry against his exclusion by far because he was the only one who wasn't a clone. However, if these four characters are cut, there isn't really the same justification there as there was with Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu.

Like I said, it's too early to say if this leak is valid for sure, but if it's accurate, and those four characters are cut to make room for characters like the Wii Fit Trainer and the Chorus Men while series like Metroid and DK continue to get shafted, I will be incredibly disappointed.
I think three of these characters are more or less cut. Squirtle and Ivysaur would have most likely been shown in the April direct if they were still in the game... and they weren't, while Charizard was. If this leak is real, which it very much most likely is, then that also has bad implications for Lucas. Snake is the only one who's not affected by any of these things... except the fact we have three third party characters as is, and even Kojima says that he does not believe Snake to be playable.

I understand that Kojima lies, but even the boy who cried wolf was right once.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Guys, it's been bothering me for awhile, but I guess i'll just go ahead and say it.

IT'S DISCONFIRMED, NOT DECONFIRMED.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think three of these characters are more or less cut. Squirtle and Ivysaur would have most likely been shown in the April direct if they were still in the game... and they weren't, while Charizard was. If this leak is real, which it very much most likely is, then that also has bad implications for Lucas. Snake is the only one who's not affected by any of these things... except the fact we have three third party characters as is, and even Kojima says that he does not believe Snake to be playable.

I understand that Kojima lies, but even the boy who cried wolf was right once.
If Snake does return i'd be thrilled but his chances aren't looking so hot.

Shroob

Sup?
With Dark Pit no longer being a costume for Pit, it makes you wonder though. If we take the trailer literally, how did he come to ruin Palutena's 'fun'? Is her 'fun' her reveal?

Honestly, it would not surprise me at all if Dark Pit was our 'Melee clone' of the game, someone Sakurai just decided to add at the last minute to fill a roster spot.... though why it wouldn't go to Lucas baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom