• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

A lot of the argument that's left is mostly trying to convince people who have accepted the leak that the leak doesn't suggest that's all we're getting. Not to mention, if the leak is 100% right in all aspects, not just the roster, then there's DLC coming, so this is not the final roster either way.

It just kinda frustrates me when people sit there all cross-eyed and bucktoothed, sipping on moonshine and playing their banjos, stating that the Gematsu Leak is all we have left.. when the leaker himself states this isn't the case just by saying there's DLC on the way.
We already know that there could be more than just the info stated by gematsu. Why do you think this needs to be argued? We were all there for Rosalina.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
Nope, he got Mii Fighter due to the poor username/password protection on the Nintendo E3 press site.
Could you link me to a post mentioning Mii Fighter and the E3 press site prior to the Digital Event? (Of course you can't, because it doesn't exist. There was no E3 press site screwup. Gematsu deniers made that up.)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.
"Received one last night"

There's no way the Press Kit was available the night before.

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
I was showing how Nintendo's E3 press site had a ridiculously easy password.
But the Smash Bros. stuff wasn't added to the press site until after the Digital Event. It was even updated a second time after Pac-Man's reveal. The claim of "he got Mii Fighter due to the poor username/password protection on the Nintendo E3 press site" is blatantly false.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Received one last night"

There's no way the Press Kit was available the night before.
idk, do we even know if this "tipster" thing is true? It's just so weird, leakers like to have their fame, so why send the information to an almost unknown website

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
*deletes post* Eh, nevermind, other people covered it already. Move on, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Can't wait for him to leak "pac-man is an assist trophy actually" then a few moments later "oh s***, I missed E3!, yes I guess, I mean, I WAS right about pac-man he he :p"

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
idk, do we even know if this "tipster" thing is true? It's just so weird, leakers like to have their fame, so why send the information to an almost unknown website
Its unlikely to be false. Why he'd send it to Gematsu and Sal Romano I have no idea.

D

Deleted member

Its unlikely to be false. Why he'd send it to Gematsu and Sal Romano I have no idea.
I had never heard of the site before the leak, also, though I believe the leak now, I just wanted to point out this:
Someonde potst his "unlikely prediction" on a forum, gets half of it right, claims he was tipsted and he leaked information, he misses one of the newcomers later revealed and before the Direct, leaks more stuff, one of them is right though it's an easy guess(Pokemon from X and Y), then at E3 gets more 3 right.
With other "leaks", they would be considered fake if missed some information, I don't know why this one didn't, heh, just some food for thought

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I had never heard of the site before the leak, also, though I believe the leak now, I just wanted to point out this:
Someonde potst his "unlikely prediction" on a forum, gets half of it right, claims he was tipsted and he leaked information, he misses one of the newcomers later revealed and before the Direct, leaks more stuff, one of them is right though it's an easy guess(Pokemon from X and Y), then at E3 gets more 3 right.
With other "leaks", they would be considered fake if missed some information, I don't know why this one didn't, heh, just some food for thought
I'm in agreement. Its very sketchy. A lot of things just don't add up, but he's been right so far. Some of the remaining info is also sketchy and may quite possibly be inaccurate, but we won't know that until it comes up.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
:facepalm: Seriously people? :facepalm: When is comes to the heavenly Smash Bros, you always look on the downside, the dark side, the WORST side. I mean he was right about these people ---->:4wiifit::4littlemac::4villager::4mii::4palutena::4pacman: he probably has some sort of inside info, but even if they were 'educated" guesses, everybody would almost immidetly forget about the leaks when they were proven wrong (if he does not really have insiders info) I mean even if they were predictions, hell we all make predictions. I really thought Waluigi would be a newcomer, but when i found out he was an assist trophy, I did not throw a hissy fit, I said "Oh well" and quickly got over it. So at the end of the day, who the f*** cares? i certainly don't. He might be right, he might be wrong. But hey, I'm just fighting for the beaten and the damned. My opinion, WHO CARES IF HE IS RIGHT/WRONG??? We will find out in september anyway (when japan gets the game). I really don't understand wtf your guy's problem is, it's not like somebody will die if he is right or wrong. He might be, I mean the Mario Maker leak was real. Even if he is lying about what will happen with the roster, you guys are giving him so much attention to eat that he will probably spit out more "leaks". *drops mic and walks away as the lights go out*

Cpt.

Smash Lord
:facepalm: Seriously people? :facepalm: When is comes to the heavenly Smash Bros, you always look on the downside, the dark side, the WORST side. I mean he was right about these people ---->:4wiifit::4littlemac::4villager::4mii::4palutena::4pacman: he probably has some sort of inside info, but even if they were 'educated" guesses, everybody would almost immidetly forget about the leaks when they were proven wrong (if he does not really have insiders info) I mean even if they were predictions, hell we all make predictions. I really thought Waluigi would be a newcomer, but when i found out he was an assist trophy, I did not throw a hissy fit, I said "Oh well" and quickly got over it. So at the end of the day, who the f*** cares? i certainly don't. He might be right, he might be wrong. But hey, I'm just fighting for the beaten and the damned. My opinion, WHO CARES IF HE IS RIGHT/WRONG??? We will find out in september anyway (when japan gets the game). I really don't understand wtf your guy's problem is, it's not like somebody will die if he is right or wrong. He might be, I mean the Mario Maker leak was real. Even if he is lying about what will happen with the roster, you guys are giving him so much attention to eat that he will probably spit out more "leaks". *drops mic and walks away as the lights go out*
And :4megaman:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
isn't ridley just a skinny purple bowser with wings-*dodges shoe twice like George Bush*

Morbi

Scavenger
This is the official thread for the Sal Romano (Gematsu leak); we do not have a problem based on the notion that we wish to discuss the validity of the leak. Who cares if he is right or wrong? I do; which is why I am on this site speculating about the roster.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
This is the official thread for the Sal Romano (Gematsu leak); we do not have a problem based on the notion that we wish to discuss the validity of the leak. Who cares if he is right or wrong? I do; which is why I am on this site speculating about the roster.
Than why did you like my post?? If you disagree, then why do I see your name at the bottom of my post saying that you liked it? lol maybe you do agree with me (I was not a straight A student :psycho: (probably because i played smash instead of doing homework))

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well, he kinda likes every post he reads lol.

As much as I love speculating, I can't wait until September when the whole roster is spoiled.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
We already know that there could be more than just the info stated by gematsu. Why do you think this needs to be argued? We were all there for Rosalina.
Yeah, but ask anyone that's supported the Gematsu Leak for a while. None of them will agree with you and say 'Yeah, Rosalina's a clear example that there's more to come.'. Every single one of them WILL, however, say 'Rosalina wasn't mentioned 'cause the first leak was only for E3 characters.'.

Then you say 'Well, that obviously didn't happen, since Palutena, Mii's and Pac-Man were all confirmed a year later.'.

Then they'll say 'Well, he had outdated information, I bet!'.

It's a vicious cycle. So, yes, I still feel is needs to be.. well, not argued, but maybe a better word would be.. reinforced.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Yeah, but ask anyone that's supported the Gematsu Leak for a while. None of them will agree with you and say 'Yeah, Rosalina's a clear example that there's more to come.'. Every single one of them WILL, however, say 'Rosalina wasn't mentioned 'cause the first leak was only for E3 characters.'.

Then you say 'Well, that obviously didn't happen, since Palutena, Mii's and Pac-Man were all confirmed a year later.'.

It's a vicious cycle. So, yes, I still feel is needs to be.. well, not argued, but maybe a better word would be.. reinforced.
As someone who believes the Gematsu Leak, I actually agree with this sentiment. I don't see how people could think Rosalina's the one and only exception. There are bound to be other characters the leak missed. It's just a matter of time to see who those characters are. We'll find out once and for all in September, I reckon.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well it can't just be about E3 characters either because of Little Mac, and arguably Greninja.

I think there's more to come, personally.

Edit: Never mind you said the first leak only. My bad.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
You know what I find funny? The fact that detractors complained that supporters were just making excuses for the leaker.

But now they're doing the same exact thing.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
You know what I find funny? The fact that detractors complained that supporters were just making excuses for the leaker.

But now they're doing the same exact thing.
Mind elaborating on that?

Besides, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?

D

Deleted member 245254

If you can quote me a post or several that displays a sheer vast misinterpretation of the leak in the form of believing that this leak is undeniably the only characters we have left to receive, please do.

Otherwise you are just a broken record repeating things everybody already knows.

If it DOES end up being the only characters though, I expect a hat-eating contest between you and all the other nagging nellies.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If you can quote me a post or several that displays a sheer vast misinterpretation of the leak in the form of believing that this leak is undeniably the only characters we have left to receive, please do.

Otherwise you are just a broken record repeating things everybody already knows.

If it DOES end up being the only characters though, I expect a hat-eating contest between you and all the other nagging nellies.
Be right back, I'll post on /v/ and give you about three or four hundred replies saying the same thing. That is to say, I'm not actually going to do that, but you never see anyone saying that anymore 'cause no-one brings that stuff up anymore. I'm merely stating what I've experienced as someone who was originally against the leak. I've seen some things, man. And some stuff. I don't recommend it.

And I won't have to eat any hats. Character DLC, remember? :troll:

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I think this leak is pretty much confirmed, with the Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smesh Run.

Last edited:

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
It just makes me wonder why there wasn't one before e3... I hope those really aren't the only new comers left.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
It just makes me wonder why there wasn't one before e3... I hope those really aren't the only new comers left.
Unless I'm mistaken, the third leak that said that DLC was gonna be a thing and that a Mother rep might get cut was done right before E3 this year. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But no, we didn't get a pre-E3 character leak. If we get any more, it would be before the likely-but-not-confirmed August Direct. Sal's leaker doesn't seem to give info unless it's before something major (last year's E3 and now the April Direct, for instance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom