• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Update Complaint Thread

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Christmas is celebrated in Japan too actually... *sigh* So THIS is what we get for Christmas? I usually don't complain about updates but SHEESH! The song isn't even a minute long... I mean.... *sigh* Oh well there's tomorrow and New Years still...

orintemple

Smash Lord
Christmas is celebrated in Japan too actually... *sigh* So THIS is what we get for Christmas? I usually don't complain about updates but SHEESH! The song isn't even a minute long... I mean.... *sigh* Oh well there's tomorrow and New Years still...
But its not that big... New Year's is the big one for them I believe. If anything is gonna happen it will happen then. Also Sakurai likes to throw us for a loop so we will probably get nothing until some random day.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I didn't think that we would get something for christmas, because where I live, we celebrate it on the 24th, but I think we'll get something for new year...

gamer8

Smash Lord
WHY?!!?!? WHY ON CHRISTMAS?!?! This update freaking sucked, the music was good, I was just playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles before I checked the update... weird. But super sonic?!?! Come on Sakurai be humane!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
There's another update -_- Scroll down.
I know there was music. I'm pretty indifferent to the music updates unless it's a song I know well.

That's not one of the Sonic songs I'm familiar with. Now, had it been IceCap Zone... that would've been pretty sweet.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
WHY?!!?!? WHY ON CHRISTMAS?!?! This update freaking sucked, the music was good, I was just playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles before I checked the update... weird. But super sonic?!?! Come on Sakurai be humane!
Haha, says one with Hyper Sonic in his sig. I for one am glad he decided to upload music to soften the blow of Sonics final smash. I agree that he could have chosen a better day for it, however.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Huh. That's odd. Because it made no sense.

For example, first you're talking about how people are not conforming (i.e. the majority believes the updates are great - therefore non-conformists believe updates are lame) and that these same people can't admit that the updates are lame. That's really strange, because I count myself as one of these and have no problem saying that the updates sucked.

Then there's THIS quote -
"Just because a lot of people think the Dojo's updates were bad doesn't mean that you have to like them."

So on one hand, we have conformists who hear - Sakurai is god! What great updates! - and then will also say as much. Non-conformists by definition will call Sakurai on his bull**** updates. So the quote is talking about the non-conformists not liking updates which translates to other people liking updates? There's no causality between people disliking updates and a positive opinion generated towards those same updates for others.
No, the majority of SMF thinks that the updates suck ***. That includes me.

So, liking the stupid updates is non-conformism. Just because a lot of people don't like the updates doesn't mean you have to love them.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
No, the majority of SMF thinks that the updates suck ***. That includes me.

So, liking the stupid updates is non-conformism. Just because a lot of people don't like the updates doesn't mean you have to love them.
The majority of SWF is ready to get down on their knees for Sakurai... If they weren't the majority, the complaint thread would be a LOT bigger.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
We should have some sort of protest. Picket signs and such.

Good updates! Yes! Right now! We! Want! Falcon!

There'd better be one before the end of the year, or somebody's gotta start breaking knee-caps... :grrr:

Weed

Smash Lord
As far as complaining goes, I've never wanted to let this out, but I might as well.

As if Sakurai thinks he can make ****ty updates better by sticking in the MUSIC from the game itself, that's low IMO, I can listen to the god**** music when I play the god**** game, try again, fool.

That's all :D

spindash

Smash Ace
Well, I guess to count in this thread. I have to complain. Well...uhm...

Okay, well we saw the Final Smash a long time ago. Obvious, really. There. Complaint. Now for something completely different.

If it wasn't something else huge for Christmas, it had to be Sonic. Wanna know why? To those that know enough about the franchise know that the SEGA-verse (in other words, canon!Sonic), was born on Christmas Island. Interestingly enough? We got two Sonic updates, one of his Final Smash, with...dare I say, wicked awesome screenshots.

See for yourself.

'Nuff said. And the music, Angel Island Zone. Christmas reference much? I think this was a befitting update for this day. ^_^

This is a complaint thread, yes. XD But I just thought I'd share a tidbit of info that some may have not known about our favorite blue blur. And I did kinda complain, after all. At the beginning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well, I guess to count in this thread. I have to complain. Well...uhm...

Okay, well we saw the Final Smash a long time ago. Obvious, really. There. Complaint. Now for something completely different.

If it wasn't something else huge for Christmas, it had to be Sonic. Wanna know why? To those that know enough about the franchise know that the SEGA-verse (in other words, canon!Sonic), was born on Christmas Island. Interestingly enough? We got two Sonic updates, one of his Final Smash, with...dare I say, wicked awesome screenshots.

See for yourself.

'Nuff said. And the music, Angel Island Zone. Christmas reference much? I think this was a befitting update for this day. ^_^

This is a complaint thread, yes. XD But I just thought I'd share a tidbit of info that some may have not known about our favorite blue blur. And I did kinda complain, after all. At the beginning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
That picture is badass, only good part of the update and the music.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Well, it looks like the complainers got their wish, at least the ones who would rather have no updates.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
What? We got updates tonight... I can't believe people actually demanded there be picture swapping...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
That January 7th update better be epic.

Or I will crawl into the fetal position and cry myself to sleep that night. And curse Sakurai's name.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I dont get it though, um why is January 7th so special? I keep hearing the update on the 7th having to be so good, why?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Answer to complaints:

They are human too, people. They've got families, lives, jobs, and they deserve breaks every now and then.

They just get a week off and come back with either more crap or something great.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
If you ask me, the past week was DEFINATLY NOT crap , (other then sonic final smash) this week has been the best out of many.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The only update that I've absolutley HATED was the widescreen update. I just feel that, in this day and age, confirming something like widescreen support is like having an update that confirms Brawl is a video game. "This may be shock to some of you, but Brawl is form of interactive entertainment know as a video game, becuase it is a GAME played on a VIDEO screen."

Other than that, the only things I've disliked about updates were things that I disliked about the actual thing that was being updated (i.e. banana is a dumb item). But I can't really call these update complaints becuse I wouldn't like these things regardless of their inclusion in the dojo.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
i expected that todays would be a good update since we had to wait longer for it but once again its just Sakurai-style mindgames.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I rather liked it, I'm glad that the SMW stage and Onnet are back.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I wonder, we need a Geno update (I hope I get what I want), anyways one thing is to complain about, the lack of character updates...

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday's update was... kinda lame.
It's like doing the same update twice... While it did specify which ones would be coming back, and which ones were being left behind, it kind of brought an irritated "wow, we already know all of this" expression, for me.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Sakurai's updates now are suppose to create hype about the game getting people excited! why are getting CRAP updates...

Rash

Smash Ace
Then I need my head adjusted, because captain olimar SUCKS!!!!
I was talking about the Multi-Man Brawl update, and that was yesterday. I actually said the same thing in the update thread today, however.

But seriously, for months people beg for character updates and complain that we don't get one, and then when we do get one, people will still find a reason to complain. It's proof that Sakurai wasn't necessarily wrong to hold back character updates. Even if he continued a steady stream of them, he still wouldn't satisfy everybody, which is kind of sad considering the extra work that's actually being put into giving us info every weekday.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Personally, Olimar was my 2nd most unwanted character, next to Sora. So hopefully it won't get worse than this for me. I can deal with Olimar, it's just I never liked the idea of relying on the Pikmin to fight and stuff. Of course we haven't even seen him play yet, could be awesome, I just didn't like the idea though I assumed it was coming cause it was so likely.

Just please no Sora >_<

Generally speaking these past updates have been awesome to me, since Dojo started back. I really want to see a Star Fox rep hop in, also Ridley or Captain... Oh, and Final Destination heheh

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
This was the worse update ever. I mean, 2 months of no character updates and them sakurai comes with that crap? Captain Olimar is simple the WORSE character designed by Nintendo EVER. I mean, it's a **** gardener with an ASTRONAUT suit that plants animals!! Can it be more senseless???

Wake up, guys! Sakurai is just PLAYING with us, he knows we are going to buy brawl anyways, so he don't give a **** about the game. And, also, I'm just kidding, so you calm down now and depart your mouse from the answer button, heh. Seriously how can someone not love a gardener astronaut.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
This was the worse update ever. I mean, 2 months of no character updates and them sakurai comes with that crap? Captain Olimar is simple the WORSE character designed by Nintendo EVER. I mean, it's a **** gardener with an ASTRONAUT suit that plants animals!! Can it be more senseless???

Wake up, guys! Sakurai is just PLAYING with us, he knows we are going to buy brawl anyways, so he don't give a **** about the game. And, also, I'm just kidding, so you calm down now and depart your mouse from the answer button, heh. Seriously how can someone not love a gardener astronaut.

By this I can tell you've never actually played Pikmin.

Top Bottom