• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You're comparing Luigi to Waluigi?

Luigi was already developed when Smash 64 appeared, unlike Waluigi.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Back in the days of the NES there wasn't really any room for "filler" characters Luigi was just a different colourd Mario for two player but in the second game he was playable... and in super Mario world and in loads of others.

While on the other hand Waluigi was a filler character and has only appeared in CHEAP spin offs i mean why put him in over ALL the other ones? well er... um... hmm... he could throw bombs or something.

And about all that "This is the place to develop" crap! its a load of rubbish! like i said before this isn't the place to develop the place the develop IS in main canon games no where else really.

And when Sakurai said "character development" in the SE update he meant in the story not the character as a whole.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Raging Bob-Ombs for Final Smash, anyone?
Good idea! I guess for his Final Smash, Waluigi could... throw bombs... or something.
I love that line!

And Smash is not a place where a character can develop. Smash is a place where developed and well established characters come together to beat eachother up. Notice that EVERY single character is important to their series'? Even the Pokemon. They didn't just pick any old Pokemon for Melee, they picked the most popular ones, the cream of the Pokemon crop. And since Lucario is the most popular Pokemon at this day and age, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be seeing him as an addition to the cast. And you know what? That may be all that we'll be getting from them.

And Waluigi isn't the "top most requested Mario character", Geno is. Then there's other characters who get more support than Waluigi, like Toad for example, also Baby Mario/Luigi, the Hammer Bros were more supported than Waluigi, and even Chain Chomp was supported more than him! Waluigi is on Nintendo's sh*tlist right now. Nobody wants him, not even the fans.

Oh and just for the record... Waluigi wouldn't rep the Mario spin-off games. We have Mario to rep the Mario spin-off games. That's why his name is in the titles.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Guys...Luigi stopped being a filler at the point of SMB2 (US). He was a completely different character then and had different moves. Also, has Waluigi appeared in a hit 80's TV kids show?? I think not.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Waluigi is the best Mario character that won't--and shouldn't, at least yet--be a playable character in Brawl. Once they start to develop the character a little with appearances outside of the sports/kart/party world, then he'll be ready to Smash. =)

(Seriously, though: how can someone dislike the crotch chops? Pure gold.)

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
^^^^
Technically, Waluigi was supposed to be comparable to Luigi. I mean that's what he was intended for... but you just can't. Luigi is a million times better than Waluigi ever will be.
some time back they were comparing him with Mario and Link :mad: !!

i was laughing so hard!! . and they were serious!1 i was WTF the whole argument!!

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
the only Mario characters that deserve to have a spot in brawl now are: Geno, Toad and Bowser Jr.

everyone else don't have a chance. (maybe ATs or a stage background) and thats it.

who the **** are you kidding?

Bowser Jr. and Toad both suck. and Bowser Jr., a lot like Daisy, has only appeared in one non-spin off title. Bowser Jr. has as much of a chance as Waluigi does.

Toad will be an assist Trophy at best, just because he rarely serves a purpose in Mario platformers aside from congrahulating you on saving the princess or tell you where the princess is. Mario bros. 2 is an exception, but the only one.

Geno can't be i nthis game unless SquareEnix grants permission, seeing how the character is co-owned by both Nintendo and SquareEnix. This is why there's never been a Super Mario RPG direct sequel featuring Geno and Mallow.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. are spin off titles?

I had no clue.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. are spin off titles?

I had no clue.
Saying Bowser JR and Toad have as much chance as Waluigi is just wrong!

Bowser jr has become a main character in the Mario franchise being a main villain in a dancing game two main canon Mario titles!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

Bowser Jr. and Toad both suck. and Bowser Jr., a lot like Daisy, has only appeared in one non-spin off title. Bowser Jr. has as much of a chance as Waluigi does.

Toad will be an assist Trophy at best, just because he rarely serves a purpose in Mario platformers aside from congrahulating you on saving the princess or tell you where the princess is. Mario bros. 2 is an exception, but the only one.

Geno can't be i nthis game unless SquareEnix grants permission, seeing how the character is co-owned by both Nintendo and SquareEnix. This is why there's never been a Super Mario RPG direct sequel featuring Geno and Mallow.
Toad shouldn't be a character, only a feature to Peach so she can be a Wobbafett-like player. Slippy should get in if Falco was in. I'm suprised that Geno and Mallow havn't been in a sequel. They'd better put them on Virtual console. Bowser junior could be a support trophy, bowser clone, or event guy.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree Bowser Jr. has the same chance as waluigi to get in, he hasn't done anything important besides being Bowser's Son and being the main villain in a game.

Unlike Waluigi, who appeared with Wario in the Warioware and Wario land games, and that starred in thousands of canon games, like Super Mario 64 DS, that had Mario Luigi Wario and Waluigi to just complete the four.

He also has a lot of personality, he's greedy, and that sums his personality very well, unlike Mario and Link, Link never talks, so he doesn't have as much personality as Waluigi.

Also Waluigi pwns, he could pwn ridley and king dedede 'cause he's that popular, i hear they're not going to add more characters because they're going to make Wabowser and develop him in smash, 'cause that's what smash is for, a place to develop undeveloped characters like Pikachu, a character that just has appeared in a game with no special plot.

/sarcasm

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
You're comparing Luigi to Waluigi?

Luigi was already developed when Smash 64 appeared, unlike Waluigi.
None of you haters are listening, we're comparing how they started!

Back in the days of the NES there wasn't really any room for "filler" characters Luigi was just a different colourd Mario for two player but in the second game he was playable... and in super Mario world and in loads of others.

While on the other hand Waluigi was a filler character and has only appeared in CHEAP spin offs i mean why put him in over ALL the other ones? well er... um... hmm... he could throw bombs or something.

And about all that "This is the place to develop" crap! its a load of rubbish! like i said before this isn't the place to develop the place the develop IS in main canon games no where else really.

And when Sakurai said "character development" in the SE update he meant in the story not the character as a whole.
Why are you haters enjoying beating up your own point!? I just turned around on you and now you won't let it go!

No just Crime watch XD

But seriously they try to compare Waluigi to Luigi how sad.
Do none of you listen!?

^^^^
Technically, Waluigi was supposed to be comparable to Luigi. I mean that's what he was intended for... but you just can't. Luigi is a million times better than Waluigi ever will be.
Ughh you could make someone kill themselves with a treatment like this.

I agree about bowser jr.

go on over to the toad thread and try that.

Sakurai likes retro,so he has a chance.
Oh, and my words are in red.

Saying Bowser JR and Toad have as much chance as Waluigi is just wrong!

Bowser jr has become a main character in the Mario franchise being a main villain in a dancing game two main canon Mario titles!
I agree

Toad shouldn't be a character, only a feature to Peach so she can be a Wobbafett-like player. Slippy should get in if Falco was in. I'm suprised that Geno and Mallow havn't been in a sequel. They'd better put them on Virtual console. Bowser junior could be a support trophy, bowser clone, or event guy.
I disagree about toad, but smrpg is going to be a VC game soon.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@ Dizzy Necron:

All that post, was sarcasm.

@Gindor:

Yeah, Luigi started being nothing but a diferent colored Mario, in the next game he became a character, and he has a story, hell he appeared in the Tv show.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

who are you kidding? toad was one of the original 8 mario cart characters, the only one not in brawl yet. he has appeared in so many mario games, he could have lots of moves.

in sakurai's polls, geno wasn't in the third party poll, he was in the nintendo character poll. he tied for second.

and as much as i hate bowser jr, he is becoming increasingly popular. lots of people are even thinking of him as a shoe-in, because they are sure mario will gain another character

top of the page :)

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
^^Technically, Koopa Troopa and DK Jr have yet to be in smash yet...but I agree. Love or hate 'em, Bowser Jr has been the main villain in Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros, two canon Mario titles. That's two more than Waluigi.

And yes, Toad probably should be an AT based on his long standing role in Mario games. Part of the story, but not that important. That is still miles ahead of Waluigi who has yet to be a part of any true Mario game (or Wario game, for that matter).

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I just feel people dont really care about him enough. If he wasnt in it i cant see people being too disappointed.

If however someone like Ridley wasnt in it...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that makes Waluigi cool is that "Suck it" animation he does in Super Mario Strikers. (Which is why I play with him in that game.)

If he did that in SSBB I would play with him. A lot.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Nintendo doesn't whant him with Wario either.
Do you work at nintendo?

I just feel people dont really care about him enough. If he wasnt in it i cant see people being too disappointed.

If however someone like Ridley wasnt in it...
Sadly, I must agree as a ridley (and many more) supporter.

The only thing that makes Waluigi cool is that "Suck it" animation he does in Super Mario Strikers. (Which is why I play with him in that game.)

Welcome to the crew! (though I do not support him for the crotch chop)

Gindor

Smash Ace
aghh every time!-sorry for the double post but this is important!

After seeing poke trainers oddity, almost every other character that fans want is pretty normal and not out of the ordinary. Sakurai wants oddities. But he also want's to make the crowds happy. He has shuffled every characters' chances!
Waluigi's luck can't get any worse, so the shuffle can't do him any harm.

Waluigi (randomizer style) for brawl!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman

Bowser Jr. and Toad both suck. and Bowser Jr., a lot like Daisy, has only appeared in one non-spin off title. Bowser Jr. has as much of a chance as Waluigi does..
TWO non-spin off titles. He's in New Super Mario Brothers, too. A LOT.

By the way, in terms of action Mario games, there have only ever been two non-spin off titles ever since Bowser Jr's introduction, too. New Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr. is in BOTH of them. So that's 2 for 2 so far.

Get your facts straight before flaming, because having them wrong makes you look like an idiot.

Bandit Bros.

Smash Rookie

Exactly.

I won't be dissapointed if hes not in. Who cares.

But the crotch chop is hillarious!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I will be disappointed if he is in because that DOES mean that other stuff (Likely another character) wont be in because of it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sakurai wouldn't put in Waluigi.

PT is not only unique, but he's also the MAIN CHARACTER of the Pokemon games. (well, possibly more representing Red and Blue, but whatever.)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Seriously, what would Waliugi add to the Super Smash Brothers series?

The game needs refreshing new aspects; thats why I appreciate PT.

Waliugi bores me to be honest.

Kubba

Smash Cadet
actually, waluigi would add freshness to the game considering a possible moveset based on his "dark thorns" from mario strikers charged, he could use the whip and have all sorts of moves, his throw could be thorns growing out of the floor and grabbing the opponent, i mean come on think about it, he may be worthwhile

D

Deleted member

actually, waluigi would add freshness to the game considering a possible moveset based on his "dark thorns" from mario strikers charged, he could use the whip and have all sorts of moves, his throw could be thorns growing out of the floor and grabbing the opponent, i mean come on think about it, he may be worthwhile
I've never played that, but you can't deny he's getting bigger and bigger roles. Luigi began as a pallet swap of Mario anyway.

I'm almost sure we'll see him in Brawl with a good moveset too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom