• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siyh

Smash Rookie
Popgun>Buffered Dash> Dash Attack>Catch own peanut

So...did anyone else know that if you buffer dash perfectly out of popgun, you can run fast enough to dash attack catch your own peanut? That makes for a possible four projectiles that diddy can have out at once, plus a small addition to the mix-ups diddy can pull off after popgun.

Gnes

Smash Master
Lol, just giving credit where its due

If you keep playing this game you'll become first in your region soon.
Vato that's been known since the days of fliphop and ninjalink

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
i didn't know you would catch it out of grounded popgun, i thought you had to use aerial popgun and run to go catch it. good find
I showed it to you WTF :I

And stfu freenes go lose to ike (again :troll:) I:

What happened to ADHD at that one tourney where he lost to razer, I got banned from aib until Feb. 8 so ye :pichu:

Sails

Smash Ace
Most likely very well known but...

I was messing around in training mode and trying to find new techniques, and found that on taller characters like Snake when humping their face with SideB on edge of the stage, if you let it release while holding the direction offstage (Assuming you're facing the right way) you can perform the hump release footstool. If they're mashing I'm sure it would screw it up somehow, but it's still a neat gimp to go for if you find yourself in the situation.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Yup that's definitely me gettin my *** whooped in the ditto. He was a way better player than me, and still is. But that was then.....and this is now......

Also........NIGGLYPUFF

:phone:

-Googs

Smash Lord
Most likely very well known but...

I was messing around in training mode and trying to find new techniques, and found that on taller characters like Snake when humping their face with SideB on edge of the stage, if you let it release while holding the direction offstage (Assuming you're facing the right way) you can perform the hump release footstool. If they're mashing I'm sure it would screw it up somehow, but it's still a neat gimp to go for if you find yourself in the situation.
side b snaked out of a cyhpher, release normally without pressing jump or a, and he can't cypher again cause its a grab release command. also works with sonics up b

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
can somebody give me a link to the single banana infinite, or explain how to do it please.
Thank You!

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I don't know what you just said. Cray makes me think of a Christian Rapper I like, and I can't think of which curse word would go in there:/

Either way, me and fhero sure knocked you and randomprofaneasainkid out no trouble.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
No not lecrae gdub.
It's from a kanye west and jay z song called negros in parris. Except it's the n word you can't say cuz you lack color.

And psh, that Asian kid was not havin it dude. It was waseda, what else could I do.

vato_break

Smash Master
I have some questions about the sonic MU: please if you can don't give me any trollish responce. Is spot dodging against spin dash an OK thing to do to avoid it? How do you punish sonic coming at weird angle at diddy?(for example at diddys head). I don't really have trouble in this matchup, i just want to play it correctly, what is the correct way to play this MU?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I have some questions about the sonic MU: please if you can don't give me any trollish responce. Is spot dodging against spin dash an OK thing to do to avoid it? How do you punish sonic coming at weird angle at diddy?(for example at diddys head). I don't really have trouble in this matchup, i just want to play it correctly, what is the correct way to play this MU?
Don't main diddy, but i have a decent amount of sonic exp. The best thing to do against spin dashing is SH around his "dangerzone" when you see the spindash coming. DO NOT HOLD SHIELD IF HE'S CHARGING IT that doesn't help much at all. React more. If you look up earth vs _X_ earth does what most ppl should do with most characters as far as spindash is concerned.

By coming at your head i assume you mean with Aerial SpinDash. In which case your best options are honestly attacking him out of it with fair, uair, or uptilt or glidetossing backwards i'd imagine.

You kinda have to play really safe against sonic with everyone. he requires patience as every character.

I don't know if bananas>spindash everytime or not. Cuz that could make a big difference.

vato_break

Smash Master
i just have trouble punish aerial spin dash sometimes. Im just bothered that i can't punish it right. i beat X 2-0 last time i played him and last time i lost to a sonic(in pools) i ended up beating him again in bracket with mario lmao

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You can also do it out of an airdodge. Airdodge into the platform and do a spotdodge-edque motion to fall through. Any lagless special move can be used as you and land and then instantly fall through with 0 lag between.

B-reverse pop gun cancel ff airdodge lagless fall through=diddy on stage again? :awesome:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Everything above that was said is useful I guess. Personally, I don't try to punish aerial spins. I just run away, and try to either punish the follow up and get in his comfort zone, or just reset the situation. Cuz chances are, unless youre playing a stupid sonic, that he won't approach the same way twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom