• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
somebody mentor me so i can **** face on florida lol
then redhalberd won't have to john for seibrik when he loses. hahaha

I think falco diddy is 50-50 primarily because of the way they are both made to play.

Falco can reflect bananas and has a chaingrab that can do 55%? That isn't even that much. Lasers can disrupt banana pulls sometimes and that's the best he has.

Once you are at the percent where you can't get cg'd after hopping around and pulling bananas, the matchup becomes way easier because you can approach from the ground. Falco's reflector is pretty bad because of how long it stays out so it's pretty easy to punish. Falco has one of the most predictable recoveries in the game, because it's pretty much just a jump and a side b of varying lengths. you can interrupt it easily with bananas/peanuts and punish the landing, or edgehog if you predict right.

the worst thing for falco is trying to get the kill. for kill moves, he has upsmash, predicting an airdodge/roll and fsmashing, or back air. spike if you're bad at SDI'ing lol. most of falco's kill options are easy to predict, and diddy can punish anything he has with a banana throw out of shield. it's relatively safe for diddy to sit in shield because falco has a TERRIBLE dash grab, and sub par killing moves. If diddy gets the lead, you can easily rack up another 50-60 percent easily by playing safe and punishing them for their kill move attempts.

it isn't in falco's favor. 50-50 i'd say.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
falco "can" 0-death diddy in the situation where the cg ends off where u arent able to sdi to the stage and instead u actually get spiked off stage

but let us say u do get spiked off stage...diddy can do three things. jump/upb immediately/charge an upb. thing is falco's bair has a lasting hitbox that knocks the barrels off of diddy thus gimping him. situational but "can" happen...just sayin...

but yea id agree with 50-50.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If I could learn to use Adobe After Effects like a pro, I'd make a new community Diddy combo video. Until then I'm just gonna sit here and be like :D

:D

Last night I beat a Luigi player that put me out of my last tournament. I think I've become a much more patient player.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i beat my states best peach O.o 2 stocks every match in ceo (kyon). last match ending with me running upb on the peach's banana then a charged downsmash (knowing the spotdodge was coming) COMBOING into the barrel sending her into oblivion.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
oh dfear pleeeeeeeeeease tell me you have that saved...cause thats like **** worthy

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
falco "can" 0-death diddy in the situation where the cg ends off where u arent able to sdi to the stage and instead u actually get spiked off stage

but let us say u do get spiked off stage...diddy can do three things. jump/upb immediately/charge an upb. thing is falco's bair has a lasting hitbox that knocks the barrels off of diddy thus gimping him. situational but "can" happen...just sayin...

but yea id agree with 50-50.
Well, if you're playing a falco who can do this every time (there isn't one because it's too difficult), then just hop around on platforms (strike/ban FD and don't go to SV) and keep bananas out to trip him up lol. It isn't that hard not to get grabbed. Diddy ***** falco after 50%.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
And if you can avoid getting grabbed early in your stock, that just gives you more to work with as far as getting in damage. I've never thought the Falco matchup was bad at all.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm even with two of the three best French Falcos, most of the time at least, because they both camp and it really made me think Diddy outcamps Falco...
In fact, the third one just plains **** me no matter how hard I try, and that may be because he's always on the offensive, using close quarter stuff and an actually good juggling game that most Falcos tend to forget afaik... I can't approach him because he's already by my side, when I can set things up calmly against the other two.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was in practice mode today and I found out that in certain situations, it is better to JC item toss than to glide toss since a glide toss can't be buffered and a JC item toss can. One of the situations that the JC item toss is really useful in is when you are shooting peanuts. After shooting an enemy down before he leaves the ground, you can buffer a JC item toss and punish him as he lands. this is something that you can't do with a regular glide toss.

An interesting fact is that when you buffer the JC item toss after you shot an uncharged peanut, the banana hits the opponents shield before the peanut. This could be used to punish opponents who try to shield bounce your bananas and catch them or it can deter them from doing so in the future.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hi again!

Thanks for the recommendations for AZ and ADHD, i'll definitely contact them. Wifi isn't the idea way to learn, I agree, but it would help newer players learn the basics if they are taught the right way. That being said, I received no PM's for Diddy Mentors :(. It seemed to generate a lot of interest here and would love to see some mentors for this silly kong. Shoot a PM with the required information!

I'll keep AZ and ADHD in mind, but i know AZ is busy with MLG/SWF stuff and ADHD...yeah I'll contact him, but I'd really like more than one!

Thanks guys!

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you have trouble with falco and want an easy way out you could always use ice climbers and down throw :p

Count

Smash Champion
Wyatt on me dropping game one to Champ's falco last tournament

"don't you know anything about falco? That was embarrassing."

lolololol

won the set at least :p

DFEAR

Smash Hero
If you have trouble with falco and want an easy way out you could always use PICKACHU and down throw :p
fixd

and i gnes i meant during cg %...but w.e...i punish falcos when they lazer and when recovering...thus matchup solved...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I also think that the falco MU is 50-50. It is one of my favorite MUs because you are forced to play at your best or you will get your *** beat. Remember, if you stand at a distance of about one diddy roll away from falco, you can punish pretty much anything that falco can do

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what about MK?
get a lead u win...vice versa lol

@sai.
its on the venue's wiis...so i dunno if it will ever be uploaded D=...but i guess it got to the peach's head cuz he then proceeded to do the same to candy the snake xD

DFEAR

Smash Hero
BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA

tldr...the smarter one will win. matchups dont exist.

Dekar173

Justice Man
At higher levels of play.

If you want to truly compete with the top players in FL, you've got to become a smarter player. It's great to know your opponent's gimmicks and such, but it's better to know your opponent!

Imo learn frame data, what you can and can not punish when you have a naner in hand (or don't,) and where their weak areas are.

Marth for instance is terrible when someone's below him. So if you get a grab, always uthrow at mid percents.

Now's the tricky part. What is Chaz doing every time I uthrow him? How is he DIing? Is he mixing up his DI? What does he do if he DIs behind me? Are my bananas effecting which way he decides to DI? Are the platforms effecting it?

Constantly ask yourself about what's going on in matches, and in no time you'll see the light.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
You can read/bait a Peach's F-air then get inside with forward roll I think. Might be a wi-fi thing though.

There are other situational uses for his forward roll but in general it's bad and not Lucario's.

Gnes

Smash Master
Uh...matchups overtake personal ability and individuality.

Everyone is limited by their character. Knowing the extent of a characters options in given situations and how to exploit those options is what gets u the win. Matchups matter guys.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Uh...matchups overtake personal ability and individuality.

Everyone is limited by their character. Knowing the extent of a characters options in given situations and how to exploit those options is what gets u the win. Matchups matter guys.
Match-ups DO matter, it's just everyone treats it as if just because you're at a disadvantage against *insert character* it means you have to resign yourself to picking another character, or losing.

It's definitely not like that, when you're in a bad match-up, you just have to work a lot harder than your opponent.

Like against MK :O

mb?

Smash Journeyman
how is the diddy falco mu 50-50 i think it's mor like 45-55 in falcos faver depending on wat stage your on

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dekar...you actually opened my mind. i will impress u guys at zp (our sfl tourney). but i wanna ask this question...why does it feel like now im getting worse even tho im seeing more things occuring to me and around me aka seeing ppls habits, ways of di'n, plus i stopped and try to analyze what they are doin when i jump in without attack and jump out, etc. is this a phase or something ? im also having more mixup and patience but im doing worse :\ why?

is this what it means to get out of autopilot? to get worse? will it eventually be for the better?

tommy g/seibrik/afrothundah are mentoring me

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Regarding the rolls: if you look at ZSS, her Forward Roll is vastly superior to her Back Roll, so much so that they have an "AT" (Pivot Roll) that lets you Forward Roll instead of Back Roll. I was wondering if one of our rolls was superior to the other in any way; IE, you should never, ever be using one of the two over the other.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
@ DFEAR: are you just noticing the habits or are you punishing them too? if you're seeing your opponents habits then you should be able to take the advantage during a game. you should watch your match replays and analyze yourself to find your habits as well :)

i actually got better when i stopped auto pilot, so idk

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
diddy's forward and backrolls are exactly the same speed and are among the fastest in the game.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
M2k vs Gness, yeah we seen dawg
Counterpick stage, rainbow cruise I lean on
Bannin' Brinstar? I don't care, I still got 3 dawg.

Question about exploding barrels. Lets say MK is dumb enough to ftilt your grounded Barrels or something, and both characters are at low percents. Is it worth the trade in damage?

Cause what I'm wondering is, what if you just charge the ledge of a planking MK and slide in with a charging Up + B? Would he somehow stage spike himself?

The only scenarios I see are:

1. He continues to plank, you blast off back the other way and the situation resets
2. He ledge hops a fair or a Uair and you trade - (What happens?)
3. He ledge hops over you to Dair you or something - (What happens?)

Actually, that leads me to wonder about something else. Could you use a charging barrel Up + B to edge guard somebody that needs to get off the ledge?

Actually this could be a reason why I'd prefer to keep tap jump on. You could shield at the ledge, and if looks like they're gonna do a get up ledge attack, you could charge Up +B out of shield.

You'd need good reflexes to do something like that though, and if they simply hit a jump button, they could bait the up B and you'd be screwed.

I'm just typing random crap to escape the programming revision I need to do before Friday, lol. But I've been thinking about ways to beat MK's planking (despite DMG's proof that it's impossible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom