• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
GT into opponent'shield (You know, the one everyone does into reverse F-smash?) might be a good way to set up the infinite Nagahari uses.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
noones acting like it's new, but the video i posted had locks from both characters happen multiple times in one match, one being a z2d.. just saying the infinites might be more practical than we realized.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
hey guys, so i've been a marth main for a while now, but honestly marth is getting frustrating for me and I want to pick up a new character. I've considered diddy kong becuz i've used him a little before now and liked how he plays.

just wondering if you guys could give me a little advice on playing diddy? i've already read through the guides here on the boards and i've played as diddy many times already so i know all the basic stuff, but guidance on where to go from there would be appreciated.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
We...we had this posted a page ago and have discussed it up until this page...

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Gnes/adhd would prob still **** them anyways....

RAIN got 7th and ADHD beat brood at a tourney. I aint worried..

but we do need to try this **** more.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what we have with bananas is already free...free x free = free squared

o.o oh mawwwww gawddddd

still not impressed enough to bother learning it.

that "infinite" requires approaching...and i think banana in front + peanut > any infinite :\

only thing i DID learn tho is from one guy's combo video where if u throw a banana downwards towards an opponent near the ledge its more or less a free spike (wit sdi/no sdi)...but in my form its the double banana lock that leads into the spike...

gt banana throw > banana throw > turn around get 1st banana > throw >[ double nanner lock repeat]> throw banana > pick up banana throw it down and spike :\...and yes it IS easy on falco, and sonic and snake and mk and d3 and pika...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If a player who doesn't even main Diddy can occasionally pull the infinite off, I see no reasons (other than laziness) that actual Diddy mains shouldn't.

The infinite doesn't require approaching either. Even your opponent messing up their spacing a tiny bit can allow it. Punishing a mistake hard with a potential 0-death seems reason enough to learn for me

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
exactly what is that diddy doing? is he just short hopping and throwing the naner fast? or is he foot stooling?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkKwgfgUMgA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkKwgfgUMgA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is some good ****.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
im partially trolling? i dont count basic item control as being technical, i think its necessary for every character in the game.

diddy CAN do technical things, like plenty of other characters.

but as far as how pretty much everyone actually plays him its super ****ing easy.

edit: vyse dat beat is clutch ma ***** LOOOL

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im partially trolling? i dont count basic item control as being technical, i think its necessary for every character in the game.

diddy CAN do technical things, like plenty of other characters.

but as far as how pretty much everyone actually plays him its super ****ing easy.

Sadly only a small percentage of people actually play diddy correctly.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
dekar and AZ (if he still plays)

i have not seen anyone else in america accomplish what they have. But i never really kept up with diddys until i decided to play the character a few months ago, so dont just go by me. Kadaj told me dfear was good, but i dont know where everyone else stands.

Count

Smash Champion

also, me and az played i lost 2-0 BUT

Game 1 we were both at 170ish and my fair clashed with AZ's fsmash and we both flew off the screen horizontally in opposite directions..i died about a frame before him and he won with 1 stock, 183% shiz was insane.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
boooooo i had a good weekend getting 5th to az's fourth

he still da bes tho.

this was out of 58, btw
well ****, good **** count. Is blue rogue and other God kais in your region? i cant remember the people over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom