• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
IC's are easy i beat cheese all the time. just stay on platforms and wait for cheese to attack you with really laggy aerials. then you can grab popo, throw him away, and **** his nana. then he'll try to save nana, and you gimp popo. If you keep repeating this process, you'll beat him no problem (but he'll call his deaths SD's). It's really easy/funny. I suggest you all try it.

:D
i like the part where you ***** cheese's nana

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Okay, so "Slingshot Smashing" or "Pivot Smashing" is still called that when you use D-Smash instead of F-Smash, correct? If so, I would say that doing a Pivot D-Smash (and in some cases charging the Smash) is useful for a few reasons:

1) Longer range on the D-Smash thanks to the slide (obviously)
2) Unlike F-Smash, you will slide the duration of the D-Smash (after you stop charging it if you were). I have had someone try to Shield Grab me while I was doing this and I managed to slide so far that the back hit of D-Smash connected before his Grab came out.
3) If you charge the D-Smash, you stay very close to the ground while sliding, and can therefore duck under attacks (much like Crawling, though when timed right you can slide considerably faster than you can Crawl)

The third point raises a (highly situational) way to beat Falco's Reflector: run away from the Reflector and Pivot D-Smash. Charge the Smash to slide under the Reflector and let him have it once the Reflector is almost put away. While this works, the Falco would have to Reflector while you have no Banana in hand AND you'd have to get a near-perfect read (which is much harder to do without being able to bait it with a Banana).

There are plenty of other moves you can slide under like this, but I figured I'd mention Falco's Reflector since someone mentioned it. You can even slide under Wolf's U-Smash, for example.

I'll add Pivot Smashing to the Kongpendium later tonight. To make sure, what I'm describing IS Pivot Smashing, right (again, using D-Smash instead of F-Smash)? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Its the same tech if your using dsmash or fsmash so yes, you iz right

2. Here is a little trick you guys can use if you team with Falco. Charge your barrels and have the Falco reflector you. Diddy's barrels will shoot out but they will never damage Falco (but they can hit Diddy although the only way this can happen is if the Diddy is intentionally trying to get hit by them). If they hit the enemy, they will do 48% and can kill at percentages as low as 40%!!!
I'm teaming with a falco this weekend, and this sounds hilarious! Probably not suuper useful but it sounds funny, so I'll be sure to try it out :p

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Its the same tech if your using dsmash or fsmash so yes, you iz right

I'm teaming with a falco this weekend, and this sounds hilarious! Probably not suuper useful but it sounds funny, so I'll be sure to try it out :p
I think anything that can kill Snake at 55% or MK at 35% is pretty useful (even if it is random). That kill might be all you need to win the set. this does however start killing Diddy at 230%+

Yikarur

Smash Master
Okay, so "Slingshot Smashing" or "Pivot Smashing" is still called that when you use D-Smash instead of F-Smash, correct? If so, I would say that doing a Pivot D-Smash (and in some cases charging the Smash) is useful for a few reasons:
wtf, it's name is "Dash Pivot Cancel"

Nestec

Smash Ace
Who else thinks Diddy Kong should have been Dixie Kong in this game instead?

:/

:green:

Sails

Smash Ace
Who here besides Gnes/ADHD is going to KTAR? I know I am :D I hope to see some of you there so I can match faces to names.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I think anything that can kill Snake at 55% or MK at 35% is pretty useful (even if it is random). That kill might be all you need to win the set. this does however start killing Diddy at 230%+
wait wait wait I know barrels are strong but THAT STRONG? I just assumed you had your percentages off or something...have you like legitimately tested this?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Any type of counter or reflector in the game makes the attack stronger except for lucario's which is dependent on lucario's percentage/stock. Since Falco is reflecting the barrels it makes them stronger

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I miss Diddy Kong so much.... I might go back to maining him.

but I cant get over my love for the fat Frenchman... help me choose gaiz. pros/cons?

EDIT: apart from grab releases -_-

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I miss Diddy Kong so much.... I might go back to maining him.

but I cant get over my love for the fat Frenchman... help me choose gaiz. pros/cons?

EDIT: apart from grab releases -_-
Both are really good!!!!!!! Main both!!!!!!!!!

Also, tested the reflected barrel knock back and it is guaranteed to kill MK at 90%(50% + the 40% from the barrels) even with perfect DI

B.Mack

Smash Ace
regular barrels do 20%, it shouldnt be so surprising.

OMFG I love Diddy again.
gonna team with a Falco next tourney.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I assume twice as much knockback when reflected. knowing the EXACT percent isnt gonna change much.

keep in mind that the barrels might end up just floating away anyways and you took some % and kockback for no reason. even if the barrels DO go to the enemy, they will probably try and shield or dodge it.

its still a cool thing to do, but I dont see it working out very often.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
How strong are non-reflected Barrels?

EDIT: n'athed. How quickly do they kill Snake/MK, comparatively speaking?
They are really strong. They do 40% and can kill Diddy if he is at 50% and he gets hit by them. They would probably kill snake at 75%.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Played the game or first time in like a month yesterday at a tourny and came 2nd. Lost to a gay campy mk that just sits there doing nothing and then ledges when he has the lead.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Played the game or first time in like a month yesterday at a tourny and came 2nd. Lost to a gay campy mk that just sits there doing nothing and then ledges when he has the lead.
ur playing diddy wrong then =PPP OR hes playing mk right >_<

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to diddy and I found something that was pretty easy so I thought it was already discovered. But I didn't see anything about it in this thread so here it is. If you do a buffered aerial asap after the lag of another move with a banana in hand, diddy does the aerial and doesn't throw it. So yo can short hop bair near a banana to pick it up and then do another bair or whatever on the way down. May be new, may not be. You can also do this with peach's turnips so it might be something you can do with all items. Also, maybe you could do an aerial after a midair popgun cancel/b-reversed popgun cancel while holding a banana? That might come in handy. Again, this may be discovered, may not be. New to diddy so I figured I'd post. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom