• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vato_break

Smash Master
oh dekar, i beat "the best sonic from utah" with diddy yesterday =D. only one game was saved though :( i went mostly diddy yesterday and got 5th. i went mk vs matchups i dont like(DDD, Rob, Rainbow Cruise, and zelda) i had a good set with havok which got saved...gunna upload it soons

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Strangely I don't find Diddy vs MK to be that hard. It's just a matchup of being able to control the stage and the MK. Look at the MK's patterns and punish accordingly. Lol. Alot of the time if you play it right they'll jst look for oppurtinities to approach u with nado lol. Thats when you Sheild that ish and **** em in the face ;D.

vato_break

Smash Master
What player one said, i don't really think the matchup is even at all. i think it would be even if FD was the same size at smashville with out that stupid platform. Beating mk is him falling for a bunch of stuff that he shouldn't be falling for and having a poor banana game, which seems to be a majority of mks IMO. I think diddy also does good because there's not enough diddys thus lack of diddy knowledge. I think its kinda dumb because he's a top tier which would lead to more diddy mains but, there just isn't. idk why

jbandrew

Smash Lord
uhhhh. idk lol. I mean I live in Jersey and get pretty good MK practice and I go toe to toe with MK's here. Then again I'ma wait till I play Nairo or something so I can tell you guys for sure. I mean there IS a reason why ADHD beats MK's ya know. Can't be all negative, as he once told me: "Diddy kong is not a gimmick, he wins for a reason.". so yea

Dekar173

Justice Man
oh dekar, i beat "the best sonic from utah" with diddy yesterday =D. only one game was saved though :( i went mostly diddy yesterday and got 5th. i went mk vs matchups i dont like(DDD, Rob, Rainbow Cruise, and zelda) i had a good set with havok which got saved...gunna upload it soons
lol i always beat chris, he sucks against diddy :p Beat him with MK and I'll be impressed.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
What player one said, i don't really think the matchup is even at all. i think it would be even if FD was the same size at smashville with out that stupid platform. Beating mk is him falling for a bunch of stuff that he shouldn't be falling for and having a poor banana game, which seems to be a majority of mks IMO. I think diddy also does good because there's not enough diddys thus lack of diddy knowledge. I think its kinda dumb because he's a top tier which would lead to more diddy mains but, there just isn't. idk why
The same thing could be said about MK though. Nobody punishes MK's jab, They fall for his little glide toss tricks and they don't punish MK for grabbing their bananas.There is still a lot to learn in this MU which is why I think it's even.

Dekar173

Justice Man
The same thing could be said about MK though. Nobody punishes MK's jab, They fall for his little glide toss tricks and they don't punish MK for grabbing their bananas.There is still a lot to learn in this MU which is why I think it's even.
How do you punish him z-catching your banana?

vato_break

Smash Master
just played friendliess with larry, my diddy vs his mk i won like once LMFAO im glad i dont have to be the diddy in this mu. sooo hard

@dekar well i dont wanna be godlike, just an above average diddy! :p

jbandrew

Smash Lord
ADHD only loses to MKs though
Maybe because they're better than him? What MK does he lose to? He doesn't lose to random MK's its always Anti or something because Anti's a god. Anti is better than ADHD imo, that or he jst knows the matchup better than ADHD. Any other MK's ADHD loses to? Nairo? Also a top level player. Idk mang.. idk. lol

jbandrew

Smash Lord
So if it doesn't say much then it doesn't say much. I'm standing by my opinion. 50-50 on neutrals, MK has an advantage on CP's. Just gotta be smart.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
So if it doesn't say much then it doesn't say much. I'm standing by my opinion. 50-50 on neutrals, MK has an advantage on CP's. Just gotta be smart.
Smashville is a neutral and i dont think the mu is even at all on that stage. Sv is mk best neutral and a uber good cp if they play uber gay and camp the platform. You going to shoot peanuts at him when hes on the platform? Brb ill just jump or power shield them. Diddy has like very little options to counter mk camping the platform. And the little options diddy has get ***** by any decent mk.

Also you are saying just because 1 person excels at the mu it is even? That logic is so bad, lmfaoo.

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
for the love of god, dont pick SV against a MK that knows the matchup

you will highly regret it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if i can sure

PS1 isnt too bad. at least it isnt SV bad. better learn to play on battlefield quick :laugh:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
K so let's assume he knows you're going to throw out an aerial, since those are the only two options you presented-

He decides to airdodge drop the naner- making it hostile, as well as airdodging. You get hit, he profits.
He drops it and you pick it up with your aerial. If you use short hop U-air, you land before he does so you will have the advantage. Full hop F-air is for MK' who don't catch bananas with air dodge.

DFEAR

Smash Hero

****ing hate teamin wit scrubs :\
and yea my build was glass cannon this match but w.e

i usually run boots,bt,pd,ie,bv and replace boots with another bt/pd when rich rofl

all diddys must LoL

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
How do you punish him z-catching your banana?
Punish him with U -air or full hop F-air
In this context, would the opponent be up close or further back when z-catching when attempting to punish?

****ing hate teamin wit scrubs :\
and yea my build was glass cannon this match but w.e

i usually run boots,bt,pd,ie,bv and replace boots with another bt/pd when rich rofl

all diddys must LoL
+1 scrub Diddy
+1 scrub Ezreal

back to lurking diddy material

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy is an easy character. nobody should be losing with diddy unless its to mk/snake/wario. thats it. DIDDY BOARDS, THE METAGAME IS DONE.

-peace-

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Smashville is a neutral and i dont think the mu is even at all on that stage. Sv is mk best neutral and a uber good cp if they play uber gay and camp the platform. You going to shoot peanuts at him when hes on the platform? Brb ill just jump or power shield them. Diddy has like very little options to counter mk camping the platform. And the little options diddy has get ***** by any decent mk.

Also you are saying just because 1 person excels at the mu it is even? That logic is so bad, lmfaoo.

:phone:
I agree that SV the MK can camp the platform that neutral is not in our favor vs him, and I'm not saying that at all... o_O. I see ya'll gonna body me and attack my ideas because I'm new here. I'm gonna post videos and stuff so ya'll can see I'm not noob. I know what I'm doing.

And yea Seiya you can't make any mistakes lol theyre both really hard. I can't do Diddy vs Falco. xDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom