• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Hello, I am new to the brawl scene and new to playing Diddy as my main. Does anyone have anytime to answer some questions? I tried searching some. But as I play, the more questions I build up. If anyone is available for quick replies would be easier :D

Thankssssssss
Lol so long as it's about about the Sheik MU I can help xD

Riku_u

Smash Rookie
Well, I am having troubles beating this Snake, Falco and Lucas(He's just a better player, I think) players. They're not too hard to beat, but it always end up at 2-3 or 4-3 victories for me or them. I searched up and looked at the match-up forums and there are very good guides out there, but just out of experience from you guys, any tips?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Falco and Snake we did in our matchup threads recently.

Falco and Snake.

I don't know too much about facing Lucas, though. With that matchup I'd just say don't be predictable with your bananas, because it's very easy for Lucas to take control of them or reflect them back with a quick forward smash. If I recall correctly, you can screw up his recovery with diddy hump, or you can just fair it. Basically if you get him in a position where he's forced to use PKT2 to recover, you can probably kill him (with bananas if he's low, with fair or diddy hump if he's a bit higher up).

Does Diddy have any grab release tricks on Lucas? I know many other characters do.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
falco. easy matchup. only difficult part is being consistent.

falco is a ff, abuse that. dtilt often, it can lead into reads and combos at low %'s. sideb is also an amazing tool here as it can be used as great punish for falco's reflector, which can also leads into personal setups.

falco has a predictable pattern when off stage:

if he's too low or even with the stage and tryin to grab the ledge:
A. he will either sideb immediately to the ledge
B. jump and either sideb to stage or sideb to ledge
C. jump and attack u
D. him airdodging will result in death, just grab the ledge, punish etc.

if he's too high or above the ledge:
A. side b to nearest platform or stage
B. repeat above steps for when hes even or below ledge

just find the falco's personal ways of recovering. some falco's abuse sideb like crazy, others conserve it for vital moments.

moves that can be abused often:
sideb (grab): used mainly for when he sh lasers or reflectors
fair/upair: can be used to shut down his dair when he ff
crawl/dtilt: can be used to punish reflector and sh lasers
bananas: a given abused tool

the matchup mostly revolves around falco being off stage or in the air for you to be advantageous.

You want to avoid his basic cg setups. learn to jump+upb glitch for when you do get spiked off stage, otherwise, learn to sdi the spike itself. avoid a frame trap in the air all together by either initiating an attack immediately or B pivoting.

mainly focus on the way falco moves around the stage and how he recovers, make the most out of your punishes. also note that sideb is only invincible the first half of it, the other half ANYTHING can get him out of the sideb.

personal strategies:
whenever i grab falco near a ledge, i force him to grab release. read if he jumps and dtilt the jump. punish w.e he does.
--------

snake. a matchup literally involving you giving him more damge than he does to you and keeping snake off the ground as much as possible

Great setups in this matchup revolve around stage control. always leave bananas laying about in this matchup as it alters and forces the snake player to camp and play a certain way. forcing snake to hold a banana can give u several opportunities to setup as his tilts are no longer an option at the given moment.

always force snake to be above you and away from the ground. its the best and easiest way to give him %. snakes will always upb after their jump after being off stage and either will go for the ledge, center of stage or b pivot to the other side of you.

to solve this simply stand between your two bananas with much given room. read the snake's air mobility patterns and either go for the ledge, attack him in the air to repeat the situation, or simply wait until he ****s up.

snakes will adjust to this and start ff bair or footstooling you, simply adjust and continue.

utilize a lot of fair and sideb. fair takes him off the cypher every time forcing him to cypher again, repeat the situation until you cant or he adapts. sideb also forces snake off the cypher if you do not attack, as it counts as a grab.

also if you can dair him...do it.

personal strategies:
upthrow.
------
lucas. dont lose to him. just play gay banana in front etc. grab release ****. done.

my 2 cents

tibs7

Smash Champion
wait so which guy was jebus... at 2:28 theres like 10 people lol.
ive seen googs, hes from the westest of westest coasts mang.

also cant believe america celebrating halloween, so weird :)

-Googs

Smash Lord
Tibs i'm from canada, outside of toronto. That's east coast. Doesn't mean i'm still not the best looking though.

Also dfear, what grab releases do you prefer, or anyone rather...When it comes to ness and Lucas what's our best gr options?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i grab release to sideb grab release go for another grab to repeat situation until their grab released off stage : D

easy to read when lucas/ness is forced into that position, just beward of oos options/jab is all

otherwise grab release dtilt at low %, then follow up with reads preferably another grab :]

grab release fair at mid-high %, setup or follow up

grab release dsmash/fsmash for kill %

talkin to pre-ness/lucas destroyer of back when shaky/galeon used to be the best of their mains

Riku_u

Smash Rookie
Thanks DFEAR, thats a lot of awesome info!

But when you say Grab release(http://www.ssbwiki.com/Grab_release) It doesnt say in the article how you actually do it. Do you grab and press a direction? But thats a grab throw, or do you just grab and press grab again then punish? Or is that when you wait for them to release it and react and then you punish?

R

Player-1

Smash Legend
it's when you wait for them to release, you can pummel during the hits and it increases the chance of a ground break instead of an air break. Lucas and Ness have 10 extra frames of lag after a release than every other character (except DK who they have 20 frames more lag than since DK has 10 frames less than everyone else) so you can combo them out of it.

Riku_u

Smash Rookie
it's when you wait for them to release, you can pummel during the hits and it increases the chance of a ground break instead of an air break. Lucas and Ness have 10 extra frames of lag after a release than every other character (except DK who they have 20 frames more lag than since DK has 10 frames less than everyone else) so you can combo them out of it.
Ah, so you spam A till it breaks dash attack to a combo or something like that?

Riku_u

Smash Rookie
Specifically for Diddy, what are the available attack/moves/combos that I can do after a grab release against Lucas or Snake?

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i always got the image that jebus was 13-14. is he an adult????

you have to run and grab ness/lucas. you can't just stand there after the grab release. also, you can dtilt them too.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I took them down because it was old and cluttering stuff. And btw that voice was like from 4 years ago.

I'm proud of my girly voice, are YOU proud of ovaries going through their menstrual cycle?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Could you guys take this to PM's or something? Off-site would be even better

We don't need to see you admit your love to each other in public all the time. It's only entertaining for a time. Now it's gotten old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom