• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well the more banana tricks you know, the more annoying they become :)
Try practicing peanut canceled GTs, dribbling with 1 and 2 bananas, and banana locking
And if your having trouble controlling 2 bananas, just practice til you feel comfortable with two.
Aslo about people shielding your bananas, learn to not be predictable. Youll see that youll be tripping people a lot more. Dont always GT forward to forward toss, Try throwing Up or Down instead to like a grab or something if they keep shielding. Mix it up.

Count

Smash Champion
We haven't really made ratios. I will do my best though. Diddys ratio is listed first

GnW 60-40 or 55-45

Marth 40-60 or 35-65

IC 60-40 or 55-45

Olimar 45-55 or 40-60

kirby-theres a lot of debate over kirby..i say 45-55 or 40-60 I think ADHD would agree..AZ might tell you 60-40 diddy.

Anybody feel free to correct me.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Use diddy against kirby, do not use falco...matter of fact yea use diddy for all those characters.

Jupz

Smash Master
Who uses Kirby in perth vlade?? :)

Also what is the best thing to do if a metaknight is gliding at you and you are expecting a glide attack, with a bannana, and without a banana?

Thanks in advance :)

TreK

Is "that guy"
it's hard, but there's a few tricks to know.
you can crawl under falco's reflector and dtilt him (even with a nana in hand) or grab him
you can uair out of his jab by smash di-ing upward
you can stop his recovery with peanuts

other than that, don't get grabbed 'till 50%, don't rocketbarrel cancel his lazorz ._. , mix your recovery (falco's bair and dair>>>>>diddy's upB and sideB), and don't get predictable with bananas.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
EDIT: I figured out my problem now :) I was just a little off after not playing brawl for a several days. I was GTing too slow after I picked up the banana. Anyways, after practicing a little more, I was able to do it consistently in training mode on a walking wolf (those of you who came after the edit, I was having newly found trouble with double banana locking) Anyways, I got it down now :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
In brawl there is some weird stuff with invincibility frames when you're getting up from the ledge. You can attack them in the invin frames or something like that, not sure exactly you just were able to attack them before their whole hurtbox got up from the ledge

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I guess Id shieldgrab without a banana and throw it if I did have one. If theyre that predictable, than it shouldnt really be that much of a problem.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No I wouldnt approach MK in the air EVAR. His glide attack is quick so with reflexes quick enough (they dont even need to be that quick cause Diddys Uair is pretty slow -_-) MK can GA and since it hits below him too (at least I think so), itll outprioritize your Uair. (it probably even outprioritizes his Fair too :() And if he just cancels the glide with a jump then yeah, prepare to eat an aerial.

Count

Smash Champion
It depends how much the MK is doing the glide attack I will say, I'd say to be defensive about it at first, and if he continues to use it sneak in an occasional fair. The key is just to mix it up, with a banana dribbling isn't a bad option either, along with a peanut gun cancel. Just don't panic and keep your options open.

Hope that helps a little.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Speaking of peanut gun canceling, how do you guys do PGC glidetosses. Do you guys use the cstick when throwing forward. When I use the ctick to throw forward from a backwards GT, its really slow cause I have to hold the shield button while my thumb goes from A to the cstick. But when I just use A from a forward GT, then its a weak throw. Im not having this problem with Upthrow, Dthrow (I can dribble from a PGC). I use the bottom of my thumb to flick the cstick in those cases. Its just the backwards GT to Fthrow with the cstick thats giving me trouble. I would also know how to do the forward GT to Fthrow with the cstick too cause the weak A throw barely goes anywhere -_-
Thanks in advance

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
Let's say there is a banana sitting a few diddy dashes away from diddy. Is it possible to run into the banana and do an instant back throw glide toss? As in you wouldn't see the animation of diddy picking it up with the down A. I know you can jump and land on it and do an instant ground toss but is it possible to do an instant running pick up glide toss? Do you get what I'm asking? not sure if i'm explaining it too well.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Let's say there is a banana sitting a few diddy dashes away from diddy. Is it possible to run into the banana and do an instant back throw glide toss? As in you wouldn't see the animation of diddy picking it up with the down A. I know you can jump and land on it and do an instant ground toss but is it possible to do an instant running pick up glide toss? Do you get what I'm asking? not sure if i'm explaining it too well.
No, but the next best thing would be to do a running instant throw on it. Instant throwing is that other AT ADHD came up with when single nana locking came out, you basically airdodge, then cancel the airdodge animation by throwing the item you picked up while air dodging. So:

1.Run towards the banana
2. Short Hop with a rising airdodge, picking up the banana at the ame time
3. cancel the airdodge by throwing the banana

One you SH start DIing backwards. It's kinda hard at first, the rising air dodge because you have to be fast, try going to training and practicing it at 1/4 speed

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
Ok another question:
Is it possible to do an instant naner toss when landing on a naner after a short hop fair? i was trying and i couldn't do it, am i fairing too late after the short hop?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ok another question:
Is it possible to do an instant naner toss when landing on a naner after a short hop fair? i was trying and i couldn't do it, am i fairing too late after the short hop?
No, the Fair stays out to long, it's only possible after a bair.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
How exactly do you "boost" diddy's side-b? I've heard of it and seen people do it but I can't seem to find out how.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
heres a pretty good question

what % range does the slam dunk combo (dash attack>sh>dair) make it possible for an opponent to
air dodge/smash di?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Just hit side b as if you were going to do a smash attack, except with side b instead of with usmash, side smash, or dsmash.
Oh I didnt know you could do that. Very interesting to know. And could someone just tell me what they use to Peanut Gun Cancel GT forwards. I use the A button but I wanna know if its easier to smash throw with the A button or cstick.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Slam dunk combo...XD.

I would have to test that later. I would think that the percent would end earlier if the opponent has awesome reaction and DIs the last hit of the dash attackm but I'm not sure. As aforementioned, I have to test it.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Oh I didnt know you could do that. Very interesting to know. And could someone just tell me what they use to Peanut Gun Cancel GT forwards. I use the A button but I wanna know if its easier to smash throw with the A button or cstick.
to me, cstick is easier because its what i usually glidetoss with

i just hold b, press r, then forward, then cstick forward

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Slam dunk combo...XD.

I would have to test that later. I would think that the percent would end earlier if the opponent has awesome reaction and DIs the last hit of the dash attackm but I'm not sure. As aforementioned, I have to test it.
cuz in two of my replays i have one dude dieing at 35% and in another vid the opponent was at 37% and he was sent farther and far enough where it allowed time for him to Airdodge o-o. so is it truly possible to actually di out of this awesome free spike lol? because i thought it was always a fluke when an opponent can airdodge or completely get out of the way of the last hit of the dash attack o-o. im just wondering is all. (this can be applied to general knowledge of the dash attack such as dash attack into bair or fair.) i rarely see people avoid the moves even when they see it coming but sometimes i see airdodges where im like wtf ya know o-o

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
heres a pretty good question

what % range does the slam dunk combo (dash attack>sh>dair) make it possible for an opponent to
air dodge/smash di?
This is one of my favorite "combos" to do and have been doing it for a long time (after seeing Ninjalink do it in a lot of his older videos), and now my opponents really started predicting it; I firmly believe it's escapable at almost any percent, for it's impossible for me to do it to a friend who immediately air dodges after all my dash attacks now. I love the name, though :3

CoNgL3

Smash Rookie
How do you guys DI with diddy?

this question came as normally with the characters i play i would press "R" as i get hit and DI to the right or left depending where im sent flying, but it seems that its better to do aerials?

well, im unsure and w/o brawl atm so theres my question.

Count

Smash Champion
How do you guys DI with diddy?

this question came as normally with the characters i play i would press "R" as i get hit and DI to the right or left depending where im sent flying, but it seems that its better to do aerials?

well, im unsure and w/o brawl atm so theres my question.
Bair is the best way to DI with diddy.

I'm still poor at it, but I believe you're supposed to use the C stick to bair and be pressing towards the way you were hit from with the control stick. My DI isn't any good so maybe ADHD or le thien or another good diddy can elaborate :).

white peachy

Smash Ace
Yeah to DI with diddy...

DI, use B-air to cancel momentum, and then fastfall.

Oh and pressing L/R to airdodge does nothing to cancel momentum with any characters to my knowledge. There's a vid on youtube somewhere of how to properly do all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom