• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Note that this is only in case you wish to have your play critiqued but I have a secondary account for just random *** matches that I dont feel like putting on my main channel just so people can make ****ty unproductive comments. I placed one of the matches there at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5EPfJ9Hev0 in case you want to go back and think about what I said. Aside from the fact that it's obvious i understand the matchup quite a bit more than you take a look at your movement. For such a mobile character you made no use of his options, the most blatant one being holding a banana and just waiting for me to pretty much do anything aggressive. If I dont get hit with an f or dsmash and DI it poorly at the end of the stage, ike actually lives to quite a high percent against diddy (I think my highest was 267 against NL) so that just happens once in a while.
Did he post a ****ty comment on your YT or what? You SHOULD NOT live to 200+ with Ike against Diddy. Sandbagging occurred, imo. Our utilt comes out EXTREMELY fast and kills at 180 on FD against most characters, 210 max against heavies. Were you on Japes? :O

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hey Diddy boards, I need your asistance! I'm lacking any realy Diddy exp, and I was wondering if I can find a good to great Diddy player on wifi to practice with =] Any takers?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The "****ty comment" remark is regarding people from the outside who check my regular channel and drop knowitall comments. I made a secondary account for critique vids because people are far less likely to check it as it's not advertised as a regular channel. Sandbagging didn't occur, he couldnt land a killshot on me. Like I said, it happens on occasion.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Oh noez? He's a good player, but him leaving isn't the end of Brawl, not by a long shot. Even if all the good players quit simultaneously, other players will come along and take up the spots left. This game is too huge to die anytime soon. (Though his reasons for quitting were sound)

The thing that you were talking about, Thibault, with Diddy doing a very long Up-Smash has actually been brought up before. We've failed to reproduce it, though it is very impressive to see. Here's a video (not the best one; there's one called "Wat" that I can't find that is a lot better):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3I-3DfjEcs
Lol yeah that is it...... i didnt know it went so far though :O when i did mine i was about a roll distance from the ledge and i wasent able to see it go so far but lol thats what im talking about.
If we did disover how to reproduce this how much do the diddy boards think he could improve?

whenever i land a upsmash it is a godly thing: 16% damage, it sets up for fantastic juggles, and its a attack i dont have to worry about saving because it will never kill lol, the only problem is its so impossible to hit with

TreK

Is "that guy"
The thing is, good to great diddy mains don't play wifi =/
*plays wifi*

Count

Smash Champion
Haha, myself, flip, p1, adhd among others got good almost solely off of wifi.

Well, not solely, but it had a LOT to do with it. I think those mentioned would agree.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Count :(. I'm chimpakt.

And the reason for the super long dacus is the lucario power shielded.

Count

Smash Champion
Chimpakt I was just mentioning random people, and I wasn't sure if you played offline a bunch too. You're obviously amazing <3 go to more tournies!

Gnes

Smash Master
I used to play on wifi alot till i placed top 5 at a tourney. Then i stopped. Also, back then i mained meta. I wondered why matches were so easy. >.>

Count

Smash Champion
Meh teneban I know nothing about you since you're from france -.-

I didn't mean my comment to be ALL the diddys that are good from wifi..I was just mentioning the ones off the top of my head.

And I probably shouldn't have mentioned myself since well...I'm not good.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll just have to start posting in here more ;O
I have a tournament this weekend.
I still can't beat our state's best player since coming back, lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Up til now it's been Metaknight, but he's such a step above the rest of us that he's gonna try and use Snake instead to prove that he's a good player, not just that MK is too good and should be banned.

tibs7

Smash Champion
dont worry vyse i will go up there again and we will show him. he can be snake or mkdoesnt bother me =)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh snap.
Amaterasu will have his work cut out for him.

We should team for SQUAT V if you come (Since Atilla will be in Japan).

Double Diddy.

It'll be epic.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Vyse, can you help Count in my Critique thread. I'm not comfortable in doubles. Maybe you can do better.

EDIT: that goes for anyone.

tibs7

Smash Champion
vyse that does sound good.someone has asked me already though...but i dnot think he will end up going. so i may acutally be your team mate and we can beat chris yay.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Meh teneban I know nothing about you since you're from france -.-

I didn't mean my comment to be ALL the diddys that are good from wifi..I was just mentioning the ones off the top of my head.

And I probably shouldn't have mentioned myself since well...I'm not good.
*still hopes to get good*
tsk tsk tsk, I finally got a good mindset D=

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Teneban, you shoulda come with the Frenchies to Genesis :X

Don't worry, PAL regions still rock (except Australia).
Sweeden has Armada, that counts for something right?

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
So I just competed in my first tournament and I think I did pretty good considering everyone that was there. I took 17th out of 30 something and I was just wondering what the biggest factor of getting better with Diddy is. I got beat by a Falco and a Marth. I came to the conclusion that it was due to my little experience and that I need to work on exploiting openings with Diddy more. Can someone let me know what they think?

cong

Smash Journeyman
at the last tourney i was at, there was a few players using the invicibility frames of getting up against me. when they started using the frames, it was surprising to me cause i didint really know people could do this, and still i duno really what to do against it.

what are peoples thoughts?

it wasn't until after my last match that i thought i could of just grab him, i think i was just going WTF in my mind, and confused with what i was gonna do so i didnt realise this while the match was going on, but i was wondering how other diddys react to this.

also i justed wanna know whats ya main set up for killing GaW? the usall trip and Smash? cause the GaW i played against lived for so dam long >.<

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
about the invincibility frames you just need to get to them before they can get out of the trip animation. If you're too slow they can roll, get up, or do a get up attack. For killing GaW just be patient. Trip to Dsmash is probably the most reliable way to kill him but it's not the only way. GaW is pretty light so he shouldn't be living that long. Maybe you should be going for the kill a bit earlier.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
also i justed wanna know whats ya main set up for killing GaW? the usall trip and Smash? cause the GaW i played against lived for so dam long >.<
If you are quick enough you can get a fair in there. It is risky because GaW has tons of defensive options in the air and the turtle will most likely get to you first if he predicts you. You just need to read him well enough to know when you should use it. The GT > D/F smash is safe and reliable so you should use that but if you are facing a good GaW that will stay in the air, fair will be your best bet.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Glide toss bananas up and punish with aerials, Fair/Uair should kill at reasonable percents...or wait until they do land, just be patient, and punish him on landing...

Nitrix

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly, G&W has a pretty terrible trip animation. This match is about trying very hard to get an edge, and then punishing relentlessly for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom