• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreK

Is "that guy"
EDIT: Not to take away from this current topic (I want to see everybody's answers!), but has anyone else noticed just how much the other character mains seem to hate us? Almost everybody I've played recently has something to say along the lines of "I hate Diddy, I hate the Bananas, I hate his playstyle, I hate the way he moves, I hate the sounds he makes, I hate everything about him, and I hate people who play him"... No joke O.o (That's almost an exact quote from someone standing behind me at a tournament during one of my pools matches)
haha so true
I take pride in it =)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Annoying people w/Diddy K is hilarious. I remember some wifi matches where I edguarded w/the bananas and angered so many people. And I know I'm pissing my opponent off when they try to use a heavyset against me because they're not winning...

white peachy

Smash Ace
EDIT: Not to take away from this current topic (I want to see everybody's answers!), but has anyone else noticed just how much the other character mains seem to hate us? Almost everybody I've played recently has something to say along the lines of "I hate Diddy, I hate the Bananas, I hate his playstyle, I hate the way he moves, I hate the sounds he makes, I hate everything about him, and I hate people who play him"... No joke O.o (That's almost an exact quote from someone standing behind me at a tournament during one of my pools matches)
It's just accepted in brawl. MK is gay, snake is gay, wario is gay, DDD's are gay. For some reason it's accepted in this community to complain about every good character. No Juan's.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
This only comes from people who don't know the matchup. My friends love the Diddy matchup and think its the most fun matchup in brawl...Seriously, Diddys not that strong of a character if your opponent has excellent item manaagement, are able to instant toss back at you, etc.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
^ this..

but yea I always get complaints as Diddy, and usually when i play against other high tiers too! I'll sit down to play my set against a MK main and they're all like "oh great a diddy, try not to spam bananazz"

I'm like -_- stfu metanoob <not really

also who's going to pound 4?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Vyse, are you coming down for rocky? and if so what day? we have to organise shiz.

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
I've seen single naner lock pulled off in tournament. Some random diddy did it to my friend Allied. Some of you may know him. He usually states whether people are pumped or pissed.

Anyways I'm going to attempt to single naner lock in some meanlies against my buds and try and get it recorded.

you guys all should too :D

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty good at the single nanner lock after a few days practice. I can usually get at least 4 or 5 trips off before I screw up. But I'm gonna have issues applying it to tournament, I really wanna figure out how to set it up on mk :/

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty good at the single nanner lock after a few days practice. I can usually get at least 4 or 5 trips off before I screw up. But I'm gonna have issues applying it to tournament, I really wanna figure out how to set it up on mk :/
that's the biggest issue. It's kinda pointless to be able to pull it off if you won't use it effectively. I have the same problem.:(

TreK

Is "that guy"
there's like 2-3 000 people who play brawl in the USA
quit whining, we're hardly hitting 1000 in Europe, nubs included
._.

white peachy

Smash Ace
I still can't find reliable times to start it. Like the only way I've tried using it in a match is when someone hits my sheild with an aerial (which isn't auto-cancelled) and then jump OoS to start it. That actually assumes a lot though. First you have to have a banana in hand and be sheilding, and second the opponent has to be approaching with an aerial. My style doesn't seem very condusive to this setup...unfortunately. I'd be much more likely to reverse glide toss OoS. If people could come up with more reliable setups, I'd put more time into incorporating the single-nanner lock in but as of now, I'm just having trouble seeing the benefits outweigh the detriments to this tech. That's also assuming I don't mess it up after 1-3 throws anyway xD.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I wish there was some form of setup into a footstool that ends with you hold a banana ready to do this

I say ask the japanese, they seem to know like everything foostool related and create things that shouldn't even be possible

Player-1

Smash Legend
Set ups are pretty easy for me, considering I've implemented SH Dthrowing bananas into my playstyle, the hard part for me is timing, ironically. It's simple in training, but being under pressure in a match and the pressure of actually getting is probably what's screwing me up. I guarantee I will have this down before the year ends...if my wii ever gets fixed.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Set ups are pretty easy for me, considering I've implemented SH Dthrowing bananas into my playstyle, the hard part for me is timing, ironically. It's simple in training, but being under pressure in a match and the pressure of actually getting is probably what's screwing me up. I guarantee I will have this down before the year ends...if my wii ever gets fixed.
did you get that evil disc read error? That **** happened to me twice.

And people around here camp my diddy so hard :/ its really tough to get close in like that, and I know what you mean. It reminds me of how I used to practice for so much in melee to get wave shines down and I couldn't get it down in a real match. its kinda do or die and you need to be so quick about it

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I'm lol'ing at people who think that they can get 4-5 single naner locks in a row. For all of those who THINK they can do it frame perfect....

Now try it on an opponent buffering a roll away from you. I bet you won't get more than 1 or 2 MAYBE.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm lol'ing at people who think that they can get 4-5 single naner locks in a row. For all of those who THINK they can do it frame perfect....

Now try it on an opponent buffering a roll away from you. I bet you won't get more than 1 or 2 MAYBE.
I've seen the difference. This still isn't even that hard or fast compared to things people do in melee. I can usually do 3-4 vs. my friend I practice it on at the most but w/e I guess

Player-1

Smash Legend
did you get that evil disc read error? That **** happened to me twice.

And people around here camp my diddy so hard :/ its really tough to get close in like that, and I know what you mean. It reminds me of how I used to practice for so much in melee to get wave shines down and I couldn't get it down in a real match. its kinda do or die and you need to be so quick about it
No, my wii won't eject my disc, which happened to be melee at the time. I can still play melee on it and all the VC games and stuff like that, I'm just limited to the eject button working. I'm sending it in when I get my laptop back which also broke and I already have it in repair, I should be getting it back sometime this week so I'll be sending my wii in the very next day, the reasoning is because my wii is the only access to internet I have right now since I don't have my laptop.

@Felix: You can also make your SNL easier and faster by buffering the midair jump. You have a 10 frame window to buffer anything you want that you can do from the ground when you use auto-cancelled aerials like Diddy's Dair.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
@Felix: You can also make your SNL easier and faster by buffering the midair jump. You have a 10 frame window to buffer anything you want that you can do from the ground when you use auto-cancelled aerials like Diddy's Dair.
yeah, just try to jump the instant you are about to hit the ground

to cpus set to walk get out at the first possible frame?

white peachy

Smash Ace
Man... short hop dthrow to instant dthrow to dsmash/fsmash looks hella cool even if it's not that useful. The timing is seriously gay on that tech too tho :urg:

Nappy I actually think waveshining was way easier in melee than Single nanner locking in brawl. Then again I practiced waveshining peach across FD for like a month straight lmao. SNL I practice like...once every couple of weeks.

Player 1 post some of your setups or pm me them for this shiz pretty please...I need motivation.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm also curious as to these SNL setups he speaks of

are you crazy? The SNL is just a short hop followed by hitting your c stick twice then repeat....its not even that hard you just have to be quick about it

maybe its cuz I waveshine dumb. Like I slide my hand across the controller and its weird looking but it works

Player-1

Smash Legend
I dont really have specific setups, I just started by implementing SH dthrow into my playstyle then I'm going to start working on 2 consecutive hits and then the whole thing. It's really not as difficult as you guys think.

napZzz

Smash Hero
what I've noticed is that when I can pull it off sometimes I just go for maybe 2 and follow it up with a glide toss then a grab/smash or something for good damage. Not always trying to go for the infinite at least until I learn it.

Like I said, everyone that plays my diddy around here camp it really ****ing hard and dont get too close to me so its hard to pull off

Dekar173

Justice Man
We've all hit people twice with D-Smash before; do you think we could use Bananas to abuse this situation in some way? Discuss.
I'm gonna go ahead and hijack this thought with another, bit more applicable (I think...) one-

Abusing the lag cancel that PS1's transformation causes- does anyone do it? If not, you should. THIS is where double dsmash can be used :D (I think... Marth can tipper fsmash twice using it, at least ;P)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, on top of all the banana movement tricks, you now gained one of the best pivot walks in the game, easily making your ground game one of the best.
What uses other than standard moving across the stage do you see for the pivot walking?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
The Dsmash thing won't work cause TL's Dsmash got some weird property where it sends you like straight horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom