• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Diddy is kinda bad in 2v1 once he starts getting juggled. You can't really do anything about it because of his slow aerial speed.

Alot of characters are good in 2v1 but they have flaws . like wario can easily not get hit, but if he gets grabbed it's over.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Jumping back to the Toon Link thing;

Do we really have any moves with weird properties (save Bananas)? Like, how the first hit of Toon Link's D-Smash sends people at a ridiculous fixed horizontal knockback, or how Fox's F-Air makes him jump higher/stall in the air?

DUB

Smash Lord
Off the top of my head, the Diddy's U-smash lifts him off the ground and he is able to avoid some moves.

Would this be usable against MK+Marth d-tilt spam or does Diddy not evade the hitbox?

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
In a 2v1, I sit at the ledge just spamming barrels until one of them is stupid enough to edgeguard me. This is when they get spiiiiked. lol. I did this in a 2v1 vs. t1mmy and t0mmy. spiked t1mmy, and then took on t0mmy and won. xD

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
^ completely useless pit AT. lol. If they start doing that, get ready to jump and fair when you throw bananas at their shield.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
how do I beat online wolfs? I cant get close without getting dsmashed/lasered v.v
Shield, punish with banana OoS...When in range, exchange throwing a banana at them for the laser damage. When your shield gets low, run away a little bit for it to recharge. If they start the shine and you're up close, always throw the banana down, you get a free attack on them since they can't drop it in time...Most online Wolfs will Fsmash too much and simply shield -> Grab/Usmash will beat them, and if all they do is laser, try to shield as much as you can and trade them for trips and follow up...

Edit: Forgot to mention, don't CP FD.

napZzz

Smash Hero
ugh. I used my diddy for the first time at a local tourney today and did pretty well, but in the end I still ended up losing to the same guy I always do and getting 2nd, like always -___-

I dont see how mk vs. diddy is 55/45 when mk is so difficult to kill and hit when he's air camping.

white peachy

Smash Ace
ugh. I used my diddy for the first time at a local tourney today and did pretty well, but in the end I still ended up losing to the same guy I always do and getting 2nd, like always -___-

I dont see how mk vs. diddy is 55/45 when mk is so difficult to kill and hit when he's air camping.
Nut him if he air camps. Uthrown bananas are good too.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Dribbling is used to bait an approach and punish it, space yourself with an anti dash attack wall thingy in front of you, moving fast so your opponent gets confused, mix up your game a bit, and taunting.
Mostly.

Correct me if I'm missing something lol

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You can make them shield and shield pressure them or let their guard down when you dribble and then trip them.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Dribbling can make them think you're regularly GTing forward, but then you dribble GT and their timing messes up (like if they were going to cape it, or shield grab your next move.)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Situational: I've seen a few Diddys do this, and I'm wondering how legit it is. When both you and your opponent are underneath the lip of a stage (for example, when they're trying to spike you out of your Up-B), if you time it right, does

Up-B > Up-B Hits > Grab Edge > IMMEDIATELY drop off the Edge and Double Jump > D-Air Spike

The Up-B hit blows the opponent upwards and to the side (away from the ledge), putting them in the perfect spot to spike. In the videos I've seen, the opponent is "on fire" throughout the entire process. I've personally never done it (I've never tried). I've seen it in a couple of matches, and I remember it's in Player-1's combo video.

EDIT: I was wrong about the exact chain I said above being in P1's video, but it is very similar and can be used to get an idea: it starts at 5:38 (this is Player-1's combo video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ZiiPUJ3Ak

napZzz

Smash Hero
Nut him if he air camps. Uthrown bananas are good too.
he catches the bananas with dairs when I uthrow. The dair is fast enough that I'm pretty sure just spamming it mk will catch it if I throw it up, and if he's being un predictable its kinda random and un reliable, I may be handing him a banana to **** me with or hitting him for damage. Its not worth it most of the time.

Same for nuts, he just catches them and uses them against me. Its pretty pointless, I've seen m2k do the same things to diddy kongs lately, he just air camps them and it looks pretty hopeless, like diddy can only get damage on him when he whiffs a ko move or gets on the ground

Luigi player

Smash Master
If they catch a banana they are limited. MK can't aircampt with a banana in hand. Remember that he can only throw it down or left/right (or up). He can still use his B attacks though. But just attack him from a 45 ° angle with a fair or something, or just throw peanuts. Or just use your 2nd banana.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Well, I want them to catch a peanut, that's for sure.

But MK can do some serious damage with a banana. Once he gets the banana, he'll usually stop dair camping, haha. What I hate is when MK glide tosses a banana at me. I try to shield the banana/incoming attack, but the banana almost always ends up landing at my feet and tripping me through the shield.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Vs marth. Marth shouldn't be catching your bananas, ever. You have to switch up your game that drastically that he won't. If you're throwing them and they're being caught by marth, think again, you're predictable. Camp him with two bananas while shooting peanuts at him so he will catch one then go on the offensive since he can't aerial, grab, or smash you. Also air camping mks are the easiest to deal with, just glide toss it up and aerial. If he catches it he'll get hit anyway. The hard part is reading them, you could aerial into a tornado, or a second dair if the banana misses him. Also, some mks dair camp with odd DI, so that can make it tougher. Whatever happens, if they try to land behind you with an airdodge and grab, roll backwards. The dairs don't even hit you, if its super predictable you can just wait out all the dairs and they'll tornado at the end, then hold your shield all the way up and punish the lag. But that's when the mks are super retarted.

That should help you guys.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Vs marth. Marth shouldn't be catching your bananas, ever. You have to switch up your game that drastically that he won't. If you're throwing them and they're being caught by marth, think again, you're predictable. Camp him with two bananas while shooting peanuts at him so he will catch one then go on the offensive since he can't aerial, grab, or smash you. Also air camping mks are the easiest to deal with, just glide toss it up and aerial. If he catches it he'll get hit anyway. The hard part is reading them, you could aerial into a tornado, or a second dair if the banana misses him. Also, some mks dair camp with odd DI, so that can make it tougher. Whatever happens, if they try to land behind you with an airdodge and grab, roll backwards. The dairs don't even hit you, if its super predictable you can just wait out all the dairs and they'll tornado at the end, then hold your shield all the way up and punish the lag. But that's when the mks are super retarted.

That should help you guys.
thats really really helpful.

But how do you kill air campy mk's? Since they're never on the ground I have issues with hitting mk with a move that can kill unless its like fair when they're at like 150 ****ing percent because diddyy is so weak

Dekar173

Justice Man
thats really really helpful.

But how do you kill air campy mk's? Since they're never on the ground I have issues with hitting mk with a move that can kill unless its like fair when they're at like 150 ****ing percent because diddyy is so weak
Just keep racking up damage and you'll kill when you kill. It doesn't matter so long as you're the one doing damage, and they're not :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
Just keep racking up damage and you'll kill when you kill. It doesn't matter so long as you're the one doing damage, and they're not :)
I dont need meta knight living until 160%+ every stock. He gets way too many chances to **** me and kill me even lower with a gimp or dumb strong smash. Light characters shouldn't live that long

but I guess you're right about continuing to rack damage and get a kill with whatever happens, but that doesn't even work for me sometimes. In this doubles match the other day when it came down to a 1v1 a pit lived until 280% vs. me because he wouldn't let me smash him and throws weren't killing. I ended up dying first to a sweet spot bair at like 130% offstage and losing the match because of it. People just camp me too hard to even get hit by my aerials and when they do they are already staled and they dont die forever giving them plenty of chances to catch up to me.

**** diddys strength

Dekar173

Justice Man
Seems to me like you've gotta just mix up your approaches a bit more and work your way into getting off those kills :p

Good options for killing at 180+ (of course, if you're playing against someone heavy such as Snake or D3 you've gotta rack up a bit more damage ;)) include (excluding slow moves): fair, uair, utilt, and ftilt.

Also, your throws really should have killed by the time he reached 280. Obviously, you had them completely staled, and you were on a gargantuan stage (JJ??) and he was DIing like the most elite of grandmothers. If you land a grab, just throw them the instant you can (if it's decently fresh, and you have them at kill percent) so they don't have as much a chance to DI as they would if you were to pummel them. Then again, if their percent isn't yet high enough, or you need to refresh your kill throw (bthrow, fthrow, depending on position on stage... duh) pummel them roughly once for every 60% they have racked up (also dependent on the player themselves, are they lazy in trying to break out?) then dthrow or uthrow, depending upon which you'd prefer to do.

Of course, when all else fails, go ahead and just smack the controller out of your opponent's hands and fully charge a dsmash and let that ******* die! =P

napZzz

Smash Hero
all I could hit the pit with was grabs really, so I'm sure they were staled badly. I dont even know he lived that long, and I was pummeling cuz I thought that refreshed my **** and I tried mixing up between bthrow and fthrow hoping he'd DI for the wrong one but it never happened. I just have dumb personal matchup problems vs. that character no matter who I play for some reason.

I have issues getting close because he arrows me from a distance and beats my cc game through great prediction. I try to not always go for a nanner right at him cuz he side b's sometimes but that ****s me up no matter what. I just hate that character. He catches my aerial bananas also, dunnoo I just play stupid vs. pit.

I couldn't even aerial him. He outspaces me and planks so I cant get at him like that. I was only getting shield grabs occasionally and maybe a dash attack off a trip, I swear I was never close enough to him to smashh off the nanner. DUnno why. I hate pit.

But on a more serious note, does utilt really work as a viable kill move at that percent? I completely forgot it existed outside of low percent juggles and ****, I mostly try to net my kills by baiting air dodges and smashing people as they land in front of me or just a smash from a banana at high percents.

I dont think it was 280 btw, probably like 250. I'm just being dumb and over exaggerating. Switching from snake to diddy is hard becuause now people live long vs. me.. WHY CANT DIDDY HAVE SNAKES UTILT OR SOMETHING

I think tuesday I'm gonna go smash with some peeps and record some matches so I can throw some **** up for you good diddys to rate of mine. I'm sobad.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Utilt is great for kills, its pretty viable around 170% if fresh...For heavier characters, probably closer to 200%. Don't quote the percentages, but its pretty consistent...Anyway, I think Utilt was ADHD's main way of killing Ally at SNES so its very reliable and its able to hit people on some platforms so that's a plus.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Utilt is great for kills, its pretty viable around 170% if fresh...For heavier characters, probably closer to 200%. Don't quote the percentages, but its pretty consistent...Anyway, I think Utilt was ADHD's main way of killing Ally at SNES so its very reliable and its able to hit people on some platforms so that's a plus.
Utilt can kill mk as low as 130% on lylat if it's fresh, usually 150% on Fd, and it outranges his dair too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom