• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its ok Dekar, you still have your reflection to be cool with.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
That means you're just throwing the bananas at him. He shouldn't be able to catch the banana if you're PUNISHING and PREDICTING with it unless you're telegraphing your moves or allowing him reaction time. Don't hit his shield, ever.
Honestly, I play the guy all the time, you think I wouldn't have learned by now how to use my bananas better?

He's just really good at instant throwing, and it proves to be a huge pain in the ***.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
The main person I practice with is very good at instant throwing.
Also, seeing how it's MK, he doesn't have to land anyway.
If he's holding a banana in the air, he can't use any aerial other than banana throw. Keep that in mind, and keep in mind MK doesn't have fast aerial mobility, he picks up ground by his fast run. If MK has a banana he basically has a blind spot in his corners, since he can only throw the banana.

Of course he can always shuttleloop, tornado, drill rush etc while he's holding the banana, but for the most part the only thing you need to look out for is the Shuttle Loop.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Or he could Zdrop his dairs. Its not hard to do.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
If he's holding a banana in the air, he can't use any aerial other than banana throw. Keep that in mind, and keep in mind MK doesn't have fast aerial mobility, he picks up ground by his fast run. If MK has a banana he basically has a blind spot in his corners, since he can only throw the banana.

Of course he can always shuttleloop, tornado, drill rush etc while he's holding the banana, but for the most part the only thing you need to look out for is the Shuttle Loop.
He's not always holding them, hence instant throwing.

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
hey does anyone have a vid of slam dunking??

not to be nub, but i just dont grasp the concept. :/

pm me?
post here?
thanks.

Count

Smash Champion
Eh, the playing somebody decent thing isn't always entirely true as long as you don't go for it every time. I think I did it to lain once in a friendly, maybe he wasn't paying attention or whatever but I've pulled it off/have seen ADHD/AZ/etc pull it off before.

tibs7

Smash Champion
just wanting to ask, who you guys think the most broken chars are in the game.
my bro uses snake and IC's and i always tell him to use someone not broken and hes like. "shutup, they are not", please tell him they are. =)

rvkevin

Smash Lord
just wanting to ask, who you guys think the most broken chars are in the game.
my bro uses snake and IC's and i always tell him to use someone not broken and hes like. "shutup, they are not", please tell him they are. =)
They're not...They both have weaknesses. Counterpick MK and go to Rainbow Cruise, QED.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Eh, the playing somebody decent thing isn't always entirely true as long as you don't go for it every time. I think I did it to lain once in a friendly, maybe he wasn't paying attention or whatever but I've pulled it off/have seen ADHD/AZ/etc pull it off before.
if you try it once or twice on someone and notice that they air dodge each time, I try to wait for the set up again then wait a little longer before I dair. Usually you can catch them after the air dodge ends and hit them with it. It works, since most people are more worried about avoiding the spike/whatever move you're doing and trying to get back on stage.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Always slam dunk, it's a trap. They airdodge and you punish it right after your dair. Basically a combo unless they have weird DI..

napZzz

Smash Hero
I read your post praxis. There are different ways of picking up bananas. You can pick them up with bair and fair, dash attack, air dodge onto it, or just pluck a new one and leave it so ppl cant be baiting it.

I usually leave bananas alone that people are "guarding" to get hits on me for and just go straight for them. When you mix things up like it diddy gets really tough to predict and beat.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I suppose this is as good a place as any...
I'm in a crew combo vid for Canada Smash Crew:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soPMouRQyvA
There's (only) 2 Diddy combos in there, by the way. Tell me what you think.

Remove this post or something if this doesn't belong here. Because I don't know, and the rules aren't too clear to me.:ohwell: Do I add, "Critique my combos" or something?
That's fine to post here.

I'm finished my Uni assignments for the year. Yay!
I can post here lots and try to be helpful again.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So I think platforms might actually be bad for Diddy in the Jiggs match-up Discuss?

/trolling

tibs7

Smash Champion
ok, so i was reading some IC thing and adhd you posted it saying it was "unwinnable" for the IC's to beat us. so what would the MU be?
can you give a reasons for this?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Diddy can separate the ICs very easily, and if you've ever played against a level 3 CPU, you can put Nana down like the little ***** she is!

If the IC main isn't VERY good at keeping Nana alive, it should be you v Sopo after you separate them 2-3 times, tops.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ok, so i was reading some IC thing and adhd you posted it saying it was "unwinnable" for the IC's to beat us. so what would the MU be?
can you give a reasons for this?
It's only like 60-40, but if they can't get a grab on you (which happens if you play perfectly and precise) by z dropping alot and abusing close up tactics, there's no way they can win.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
It's only like 60-40, but if they can't get a grab on you (which happens if you play perfectly and precise) by z dropping alot and abusing close up tactics, there's no way they can win.
According to the logic in that post its not 60-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom