• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Seems like you have the right idea. I usually play my diddy really aggressively buuut not in the luigi matchup. Camping is definetly the way to go. also try to save your kill moves( aka d-smash in this match) till about 140. cause If your fighting a weegee(or anyone really) with good DI and you stale d-smash...your kinda screwed. I mean yeah youve got Fair but your probably going to use it a considerable amount. Also if the luigi is unfortunate enough to have to recover low, you can stop his tornado with a banana. That usually ruins his recovery enough where he will either die or you can get an edgehog. sorry if my input here is a little generic but aggro diddy just doesnt do well against luigi.
True you can stop the tornado, however. If a luigi is hit out of his rising cyclone, he can do another rising cyclone immediately afterwards. So that will not work against a good luigi. The reason why aggro diddy does not work is because luigi's nair priority ***** any air move diddy has, plus luigi's air speed is much faster than diddy's.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also, don't recover from below luigi, his tornado will gimp the barrels HARD, like nair from MK but more mobile with a longer hitbox =(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy is amazing on final d nuff said, but it also kind of depends on personal preference, as i personally would like platforms to be there for ground to air mixup

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm beginning to think my personal best stages are:
-BF
-Fd
-Norfair
-Brinstar
-PS1
-Frigate

SV vs non-M2K mK's
Interesting.

Is the list oredered? (so would you rather go to Brinstar than PS1?)
Do you actually CP people to Brinstar?

I like Frigate too... and delfino.

TreK

Is "that guy"
BF used to be my best stage, but I learned a few tricks there and now I can't help myself, I need to spam them to look flashy and stuff. And loose, ofc. Wtf.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i found it randomly while searching for your combo vid because i wanted to see the credits again

lul

skabs

Smash Rookie
Random question. A few months ago I started using Barrels as a pseudo-counter against predictable attacks, or an effective ledge guard against predictable recoveries (such as DDD or Ike) and get up attacks. In my experience, it has proven to be an effective method of delivering a surprise kill, or at least making it a lot harder for opponents to recover. However, I have watched a lot of Diddy vids, and have rarely seen this tech used. Is it just that it is not well known (doubtful) or do most pros view it as too risky to employ? I know that it cannot really be abused, as it primarily relies on surprise and can be easily punished if predicted or improperly executed, but I am still able to pull it out of my growing bag of tricks every now and then. What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!
no love for the Barrel tech?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
How are you using it as a counter? You use it to hit them?
It's one of the easiest things in the game to punish, don't use it on stage unless they are throwing a banana at you.

As for off stage, barrel spiking is risky. If you mess up, you have no jumps.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
no love for the Barrel tech?
Why would you want to be trading hits with D3 and Ike? O_o
D3's sit does so much more damage than barrel, if you want to get a kill off, that's fine, but using it against Ike is pointless when you can just speedhog him, and you don't want to be trading that with D3 unless he possibly can't DI it, and make sure you're at a low enough percent do not die from it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Why are you letting D3 hit you? Unless if it's Atomsk, CO18, or Seibrik, they should be crying about how broken Diddy is at you and wondering why they can't hit you ;)

Player-3

Smash Hero
ive seen you do it before

youd get hit by his up b because it cancelled his
it was in your combo vid and im pretty sure i remember seeing you do it on wifi a few times at your house

Gnes

Smash Master
Why are you letting D3 hit you? Unless if it's Atomsk, CO18, or Seibrik, they should be crying about how broken Diddy is at you and wondering why they can't hit you ;)
So true...seibrik did some weird type of camping against me...so weird. D3 lives so long...I've changed my mind on that matchup...cant believe i thought it was 60-40 diddy.

F that gay chr.

CO18

Smash Hero
So true...seibrik did some weird type of camping against me...so weird. D3 lives so long...I've changed my mind on that matchup...cant believe i thought it was 60-40 diddy.

F that gay chr.
Yeah Gnes avoided MMing me cuz he knew he'd lose. True story. Seibrik dont even know the Mu and u let him take a game. tsskk tssk

its still 6:4 though u prob just dunno the mu well.

Gnes

Smash Master
Yeah Gnes avoided MMing me cuz he knew he'd lose. True story. Seibrik dont even know the Mu and u let him take a game. tsskk tssk

its still 6:4 though u prob just dunno the mu well.
LOL gtfo with that...

But yeah I wasn't prepared for that his supreme patience in that match he won...it wont happen again. I know what to expect from that gay chr. of yours.

Adhd thinks its even...i think it maybe too....or maybe 55-45 diddy.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Remember when vyse played co18 dohohoho
<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZD3QTCvgyOk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZD3QTCvgyOk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I thought match ratings were based on players of equal skill :lick:

PZ

Smash Lord
Hi ,im new to diddy and i didnt know who to main between snake, meta knight, diddy, falco and my old favorite pikachu sadly none were good.

Snake: easy to gimp recovery and cant DACUS with wiimote
MK: Hes my worst character i even use olimar better then him and i cant even tell the difference between a attack and a grab=(
Pikachu: My pikachu sucks bad on wifi and since im in where i am wifi is my only choice for brawling new people.
Falco: Same there cant use DACUS and i cant really beat short people.

But diddy the only problem i have with him is using bananas=(
I can still use him though even though most of his strengths rely on bananas or somekind of item that is usable all the time(which is bananas).=)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Hi ,im new to diddy and i didnt know who to main between snake, meta knight, diddy, falco and my old favorite pikachu sadly none were good.

Snake: easy to gimp recovery and cant DACUS with wiimote
MK: Hes my worst character i even use olimar better then him and i cant even tell the difference between a attack and a grab=(
Pikachu: My pikachu sucks bad on wifi and since im in where i am wifi is my only choice for brawling new people.
Falco: Same there cant use DACUS and i cant really beat short people.

But diddy the only problem i have with him is using bananas=(
I can still use him though even though most of his strengths rely on bananas or somekind of item that is usable all the time(which is bananas).=)
yo of course you can dacus with snake, ultimate razer uses a wiimote.
and using diddy woith bananas is essential in competitive play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom