• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Aloha ^-^ I'm Yikarur, a YoshiDiddy Main from germany, or rather a Diddy in training xP
I want to get to know the Diddy Boards and I want to become better with Diddy which is kinda hard because of the lack of offline gameplay in germany :(

Short: Hello Diddy Board, nice too meet you, I'm now your flatmate ^-^ :p

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
that's not fair, then you could better say: just main metaknight, because he has even better matchups... (i see wat you did there, so never mind me XD)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I used to rage quit every time i fought a diddy when i mained mk a little over a year ago. LOL

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Aloha ^-^ I'm Yikarur, a YoshiDiddy Main from germany, or rather a Diddy in training xP
I want to get to know the Diddy Boards and I want to become better with Diddy which is kinda hard because of the lack of offline gameplay in germany :(

Short: Hello Diddy Board, nice too meet you, I'm now your flatmate ^-^ :p

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else notice that in ADHD's games agaisnt M2K he didn't use Diddy Flip to recover? He would just second jump and fully charged barrel onto the stage to recover.
prolly cuzz M2K isnt a scrub and predicts the diddys side-b so ADHD played smart and didnt make his recovery really predictable its preddy obvious

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My most embarrassing moment in smash history:

So after a hiatus since about mid-December, I go to this tourney today and my first fight is with a crazy good Fox main from out of state and the match is on livestream. This is the first GOOD Fox I've ever fought ever. I have no Fox experience except for a couple really scrubby Fox players that I came across randomly. Now, I'm from Colorado, and most people know that pretty much everybody out-of-state is better than us.

Anyway first match I go Diddy on FD. I do... ok I guess. Could have done better. He beat me horribly but I didn't do anything super ********.

Second match I decide to go Snake on BF since my Diddy can't win apparently. Again, I get owned. I went to a mindset of "oh god wtf do I do" and just basically... threw out random stuff. I caved under serious pressure there. He was doing very predictable things, but my mindset wouldn't let me do anything about it.

Now here's the most embarrassing part.

At some point, I shield drop two grenades and just start shielding. That's it. I didn't move and just kept shielding. I froze up or something. The grenades blow up and break my shield... Then while button mashing I accidentally pause the game while the Fox charges up-smash. That just makes me look even more ********. AND to top it off, it was all on livestream.

I have never looked like such a horrible player, and it HAD to be on livestream. To top it off, it's the ONLY match I got to play on livestream, so nobody got to see how good I really am. :mad:

FML

If anybody I know on these boards was watching, I'm gonna be pissed. Especially Dekar.
For the people who care. Dekar is the only one that even kinda knows me on these boards. And that's just kinda.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
God **** it.

/wrist

I was really looking forward to you coming to this. :( I need somebody good who plays Diddy to tell me how well I'm doing. According to nearly everybody, my Diddy is better than my Snake and only getting better. I need to get some vids up. Preferably ones where I don't break my own shield... My Snake hit a freaking wall though. A wall I've been stuck on for months.

Oh well, If I can almost beat Dave, I must be coming along pretty well.

DK SPEED DK

Smash Apprentice
Do any diddys play online? i would like to learn first hand how he should be played i have seen lots of videos but the best way to learn is by being in the action...And no one in AZ plays diddy but me =(

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yea, I heard ADHD's played like a tousand or so matches online.
lol i was well over 2.2k by the time my wii stopped reading discs in july 09

When I watch videos, it seems like Diddy's side-b gets a little extra distance sometimes?
or is that just me?

cong

Smash Journeyman
When I watch videos, it seems like Diddy's side-b gets a little extra distance sometimes?
or is that just me?
Ya right, there's 2 types of side+b.

One that covers a longer distance(quicker) and a shorter one.
Its similar to how diddy pulls out his bananas.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Ya right, there's 2 types of side+b.

One that covers a longer distance(quicker) and a shorter one.
Its similar to how diddy pulls out his bananas.
ahhh, "smash" monkey flip
thanks
too bad i don't have a wii to try it :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
**** wow LOL
Hey good job @ waba last night, do you happen to have any recent vids?
I have me getting wrecked against Reflex in GF and my vs Scatt in winner quarter finals. I wish me vs BigLou got recorded and/or me vs Reflex in WF got recorded because I did MUCH better.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I have me getting wrecked against Reflex in GF and my vs Scatt in winner quarter finals. I wish me vs BigLou got recorded and/or me vs Reflex in WF got recorded because I did MUCH better.
Are you uploading them? I've watched all the Diddy footage from pound 4, and i like to watch the most recent stuff

cong

Smash Journeyman
So out of Yoshi island and Lylat cruise, where would you rather play against a Marth/Snake/Peach?

I don't like either tbh but i'm bound to have to play on them, would like to know what you guys think is better vs them.

Saltix

Smash Lord
So out of Yoshi island and Lylat cruise, where would you rather play against a Marth/Snake/Peach?

I don't like either tbh but i'm bound to have to play on them, would like to know what you guys think is better vs them.
Dyno has them I think.
Scatt has Dyno's wiimote :o

And i'd take them all to Lylat, but maybe you should ask the more reputable Diddy's lol

tekkie

Smash Master
what are some good ways to practice banana control on your own?

also maybe im having a ****** moment but how do you pick up bananas instantly without throwing them? airdodge/aerials go through the airdodge/aerial animation and all that.

cong

Smash Journeyman
what are some good ways to practice banana control on your own?
If your just starting out, might be a good idea to just go training mode and practice glide tossing back and forth.

Your gonna want to learn to dribble as well (backwards down throw glide toss, regrabbing nana)

Then maybe some instant throwing aswell, but training mode on different stages is ya best bet if ya on your own. You can always try wifi also.

also maybe im having a ****** moment but how do you pick up bananas instantly without throwing them?
Lol press A?

tekkie

Smash Master
If your just starting out, might be a good idea to just go training mode and practice glide tossing back and forth.

Your gonna want to learn to dribble as well (backwards down throw glide toss, regrabbing nana)

Then maybe some instant throwing aswell, but training mode on different stages is ya best bet if ya on your own. You can always try wifi also.
well maybe this is more of something to watch instead of practice but i meant more along the lines of knowing when it is safe to throw a banana and the best ways to get a banana back. bait the throw or something?

edit: every time i press a i nair and pick it up. again, maybe im having a ****** moment lemme check.

edit2: its Z/grab button. i think i had a weeklong brainfart and just completely forgot that.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

also, stuff like Z-catching and nana lock. :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

I would take Yoshi's in a heartbeat. Lylat's tilting of the stage and the height of its platforms really bother your ability to Double Banana Lock well, or even to simply get a good angle to throw Bananas. Also, in my experience the platforms get in the way more often than Yoshi's, especially since on Yoshi's the platform sometimes tilts higher on one side (where it gets in the way less).

On the flipside, Marth and Snake have a hard time recovering on Lylat (well, I know Marth does, and I assume Snake as well), but I don't think Peach has as bad a time getting back. That'd be the only advantage I'd see to going there.

cong

Smash Journeyman
Ahh yeh the tilting will effect nana throws, Yeh i guess Yoshi's seems like the better choice all round. Guess I'll take them there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom