• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
i use x to jump too, but i never hit y for anything, do you?
Now that I've set it to Grab, I find it easier to use Y to Z-Grab/Dash Grab, and leave Z for DACUSing with other characters. I've never been a fan of pressing Z, so setting Grab to Y made it easier on me. I probably would have changed Z to Attack by now if it weren't for my need to be able to DACUS when I play Wolf; lord knows it'd make playing Diddy a lot easier.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I just set X to grab and jump with Y with tap jump off, but X to grab is for Zair (Xair?) so doesnt affect Diddy

BTW how u check post count in a thread?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im the most sociable diddy lol...

anyway x for grab all the time...it makes room for less errors lol such as shielding randomly when u want to grab instead lol...but w.e controller tech skill is lol

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
****, no diddys like tap jump on? I still use it for out of shield aerials...
I specifically turn it OFF when playing Diddy because it's easier to tilt your shield up when MK is Tornadoing you (as ADHD once said in a thread). I turn it on when I play most other characters. Besides, if I want to aerial out of shield, I just press R (which I set to Jump).

DFEAR

Smash Hero
or press Y/control stick direction/ A button same time ...for ppl with tap jump off

TreK

Is "that guy"
L-> attack, just for shieldgrabbing atm. Feels more natural then R+A.
Y -> grab cus grab is shield+attack so it counts as two inputs when I'm grabbed. I guess.
tap jump on -> actually, being left handed gives me good control over my jumps, I've never needed to use X or Y and I decided I'd be a nooby stickjumper. I only use X when I want to SNL or edge hop, just to be frame perfect. up tilting has never been a problem ; I spammed it in melee anyway lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
I use the standard controls :D tap jump ftw.
I just slide my hand down for bdacus

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Is the best way to momentum cancel bair + side b or bair +double jump?

How important is a non-naner game? When should I start pulling out naners again?

Count

Smash Champion
Is the best way to momentum cancel bair + side b or bair +double jump?

How important is a non-naner game? When should I start pulling out naners again?
The best way to momentum cancel using bair depends on your situation. If you are about to die horizontally, your best bet is to bair then side b, if you think your double jump can give you a bigger window to surivive (i.e. the exit point of the stage enlarges) your best bet is to jump. I'd say maybe watch some videos of ADHD or gnes and see what they do by where they are exiting the stage. For the most part, you have to learn this through experience.

As far as a no-naner game, of course it is very important. In addition to fighting without the nanas, you have to adapt to when the opponent has the bananas. When to pull out a banana is also kind of an experience thing, but I will say that you are safer than you think when you simply turn around and pull out a banana.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
The best way to momentum cancel using bair depends on your situation. If you are about to die horizontally, your best bet is to bair then side b, if you think your double jump can give you a bigger window to surivive (i.e. the exit point of the stage enlarges) your best bet is to jump. I'd say maybe watch some videos of ADHD or gnes and see what they do by where they are exiting the stage. For the most part, you have to learn this through experience.
I see ADHD almost always bair to double jump normally to di horizontally. But I heard that bair to side-b is usually better?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
ONE! You need to stop being a post stalker!
Two! Diddy kong also takes no skill whatsoever and only wins due to the fact that he has peels! No skill in there at all. I lost alot of times due to the fact that all i saw during the whole match was a diddy kong constantly throwing peels at me/other people. And it's obvious i'm not going to make my point to any of you, because you refuse to accept the truth. Oh well, it's not my fault, i tried to tell you guys. Can't help it if you won't listen. Man this world is messed up. :(
...u guys see this ****?

Its hilariously stupid

Also no naner diddy is pretty fun. It gets you to work on the ridiculous amount of true combo's you actually have( until certain percentages of course)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
otherwise everyone would be diddy lol...were still top tier yet i still see the same faces : >

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I specifically turn it OFF when playing Diddy because it's easier to tilt your shield up when MK is Tornadoing you (as ADHD once said in a thread). I turn it on when I play most other characters. Besides, if I want to aerial out of shield, I just press R (which I set to Jump).
I can still tilt it up just as good against nado ;O. Something that people should adapt to.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i don't diddy cuz peels r cheep and you use peels you dont play with honour if you want tobe a tru brawler join my ike only wifi clan we play with repsect and diginity so you shuld come and join and we will make u da v ery best brawler in ur state. peels r items so idk why u guys main a cheep character it' s not fair ike is realy cool big swords hes das best brawler chaarcter if yoi want to main ike.

remebr if u want to join mty ike wifi brawl crew for tru brawlrs my wifi numba is:

3450-2374-1598

don't look at da one to da right cause it's the bralw # i use to lose my enemies who r not the tru ike bralwers.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i don't diddy cuz peels r cheep and you use peels you dont play with honour if you want tobe a tru brawler join my ike only wifi clan we play with repsect and diginity so you shuld come and join and we will make u da v ery best brawler in ur state. peels r items so idk why u guys main a cheep character it' s not fair ike is realy cool big swords hes das best brawler chaarcter if yoi want to main ike.

remebr if u want to join mty ike wifi brawl crew for tru brawlrs my wifi numba is:

3450-2374-1598

don't look at da one to da right cause it's the bralw # i use to lose my enemies who r not the tru ike bralwers.
you spelled "cheep" wrong.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord

3450-2374-1598

i hop u dont egdehog and cstick thats for cheep noobs if not ill join my frend and i are prob da best ikes in the country i just dun go 2 turneys

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i hop u dont egdehog and cstick thats for cheep noobs if not ill join my frend and i are prob da best ikes in the country i just dun go 2 turneys
dont' wory my ike brawler compnanion tha cstick for noobs is off da limits u wont see neone do that in my crew 4 tru ike brawlrs. we each won a turneymint but dont go 2 others cuz they 2 eazy. only ike players with a tru heart and souul can competete with r tru ike skills. also edgehog is 4 noobs dont now wht poeple use cheep tactcs like that when they can beleive in tehmselves and complish anything duh ike 4 lyfe.

u say ur da best ike in da countries we shall play online hit me up on ma wifi numba i wanna see u and ur friends skills with the ike so yah messageme and if i thiznk you good u can join my pro #1 world clan yeah so u r my chalengle.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
EDIT: I just noticed, but I'm not sure: do you fall faster when you're charging the Popgun?
ill answer ur question.

i use it and its only good for EXTRA horizontal recovery from HIGH VERTICAL distances. because you lose A LOT of vertical altitude the longer you charge but gain a good horizontal boost.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
ill answer ur question.

i use it and its only good for EXTRA horizontal recovery from HIGH VERTICAL distances. because you lose A LOT of vertical altitude the longer you charge but gain a good horizontal boost.
Thank you; I'm glad to know I'm not crazy.

Since I've been doing this a lot lately, is there any combo that you guys would like a video of? I could try to upload some myself, especially if a combo hasn't been given enough attention or a good enough explanation.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
anti-air peanut to forward GT banana throw is a legit combo lol...moar peanutz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom