• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Olimar Boards Thread Directory

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Dans mu threaqd slo had some good write ups in there. We should add them to the mu thread.

Am i making the wifi thread?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
No more talking. We need ACTION!

...not really, what would you like to discuss, Hilt?
You're the only moderator of the Olimar boards, so anything done has to pass by you anyway. :p

I'm in the Olimar chat with two mute people, BTW.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to help with anything if possible. I really need to start contributing to the Olimar boards more and get over my shyness around here.

-KERO

Noa.

Smash Master
One way that you can help is by writing a matchup analysis that hasn't been written.

Also hopefully we can start the guide soon, and we need as many people to help with that a possible.

Sometimes te chat room actually gets some activity so you should get in there sometimes. :)

Turazrok

Smash Master
Dabuz beat Shadow 6-2 to win the tourney. Dabuz, I need that MK mu.
Because even though I play MK all the time, I always lose.
I'm not particularly amazing at any mu's, so I can't really contribute.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Not worth it, Geddan. That's like buying all the land I own in Pennsylvania for $5.
I own exactly zero square feet in Pennsylvania.

So Hilt's doing the community guide now. I think he has some other stuff to do first, but it's going to be epic.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
He wants to cover EVERYTHING.
And I'm not sure exactly what he means by EVERYTHING because it doesn't include things covered in important topics already stickied.
Regardless, it's going to be EPIC.

Noa.

Smash Master
A community guide can't be made by only one person. Lol A community guide is made by the community.

If Hilt wants to take on the guide that's fine, but I would think that he already has to do the frame data thread too. We don't want to wait months for these things.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Considering that a guide containing everything you'll need to know would have to have frame data for the moves, in depth, it'll have to wait for the frame data regardless. If the guide is going to be as good as we're talking, waiting a few months shouldn't be surprising. We've got to take a few other steps first. There's no way we can get a community guide going without building up our community first.

Denti

Smash Master
what can we do as a community to help? :0

edit: so i'd like to help, but with something relatively simple. I really liked richbrown's getting kills thread, but he'd never manage a thread.. so i'd like to re do that thread but do a better and clearer job. maybe even write about getting kills in certain MUs. I'd take everyone's ideas and myselfs. would that help the community?

Geddan

Smash Ace
there's actually a lot of really good informative threads that are either just old or have lost management; stuff we could just reevaluate as a community i guess?

and yeah threads run by people who don't even come on here/update anymore = -_-

Noa.

Smash Master
Hilt, the whole guide doesn't need to be finished at once. We can first lay down some foudations and stuff. I could imagine that you wouldn't want to release it until it's done, but we can start working on it before that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Of course we can. But with Deflowered up, being a good guide for now, it wouldn't be smart to release a half-made guide, since it wouldn't be as good as the one we have now. We can start working on it now, but it's going to take a long time until it's finished. Plus, I would like more Olimars involved in it than what we have now.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
i feel famous. im in one of the pics above haha.

After going to Orlando i plan pn becoming VERY active on these boards. I want to learn, and give what little knowledge it appears i have lol.

Noa.

Smash Master
So I merged Dan's Link thread with the first post in here. I took out a lot of threads that I felt may not have been necessary. If you believe that they should've stayed, just post which thread and why.

I KNOW there are threads out there that should be added to the OP. So I need you guys to just find the ones out there and post the links in here.

Geddan

Smash Ace
So I merged Dan's Link thread with the first post in here. I took out a lot of threads that I felt may not have been necessary. If you believe that they should've stayed, just post which thread and why.

I KNOW there are threads out there that should be added to the OP. So I need you guys to just find the ones out there and post the links in here.
I'll check it out

threads:

oli's weaknesses (good to know)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248827

richbrown's random ideas
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243732

i have no idea what this is but it looks useful and i subscribed to it a while back.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246356

icy's combo/string thread (good to know as well)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257271

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The first-&-introductory section look very familiar...

Top Bottom