• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OMG FiZZ is back Stupendous "Critique my Lucario" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam

Smash Hero
mommy! I wouldn't advise ever doing a SH double fair. fair does less damage than nair and due to it's lower knockback and high landing lag you can be punished for it even if it hits. It would probably be better to just back off after the first fair than land with fair. Also you kinda panicked with your SD against Ivy, you still had your DJ =/. Also when you get a kill, It would be a good idea to charge your whole aura sphere. you kinda were messing around and stuffs =/. you should probably start C-sticking fsmash so you can pivot smash. you also probably could have fsmashed more in general, it's a very good spacing tool and ***** people who try to land in front of you with either AD's or attacks with it's lingering hitbox and transcendent priority. That's all I can think of right now <_> Dun sit on me plz

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if i dub fair though and land safely way i should be good

i didnt panic i just conserve lucys second jump XD i never panic during a match-- i forget i have it sometimes LOL stuff happens owell

empty fsmashs dont do a lucy good though O_o i did forget to stutter fsmash though XD

tbh i think the only real issue with the pt at delfino one was me dash attacking too much

Steam

Smash Hero
there's really no reason to use fair after a SH fair when you could nair. in that situtation fair is like, never better. and yes you like to convserve the second jump but you clearly needed it :L

empty fsmashes help a lot if the opponent isn't Psing through them. low cooldown, massive range. You should also bait more dodges with it.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
id be scarred using it against ddd that can cancel it with ftilt or against someone that can punish the lag >.<

Steam

Smash Hero
if you space it well they'll probably have to PS it to do anything about it. and our fsmash is a really scary move to try to PS.

and it's not really the end of the world if D3 ftilts you.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
something I learned:

whiffed fsmash, use it as an occasional "footsie" because there's always a person who thinks they can punish it easy, but there are some characters you just NEVER do that against lol (good example: Snake).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol at scared to PS f smash.

I played a round with Red ryu at mlg and he was inside the little ps1 mountain transformation. I was standing on the slope outside, and I powershielded like 14 of the 15 f smashes he threw at me.

people that dont play as or vs luc often I can see that logic working tho

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
I have like, 6 vids I want to share with you all.

4 of them are about how bad I suck against MK.

I'll edit this post to post the links later today.

Edit: Only 5 vids. Gotta upload the last one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMR8ObVCTgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmFlp4VG43A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkf4ZOuSTfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UAMrkQssRM

^The 4 MK matches. I feel like I played way too terribly bad, too much Fsmash, bad spacing overall, etc.

No holding back in the critiquing please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaWXh08SImk

^A Toon Link match a little while after.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Flamey why do you keep on fullhopping really close against Olis? Fffffff-Third game you fullhopped over him as he was plucking pikmins out after his first stock and he could've USmashed you right there lol.

@ Game 3 last stock - When you're both at like 130% You should be able to kill him with UTilt especially with that low ceiling :(.

Brian H is good though, played him on ladder before.

@Dusk - I love how precise you are in a lot of your matches, but... You really need to work on that MK MU.

Here are some tips:
1. DI Up against just about everything. Practice DIing that DSmash in training mode. You will live like 20-30% longer.
2. When MK is shield pressured a bit you can sneak a DAir at the upper corner part of the shield above his face and second hit may shieldpoke. (This works against Oli too, Flamey.)
3. You want to remain as lagless as possible when landing against MK because of that crazy fast Grab and FTilt, landing to BAS or shield canceled jump to something else can work wonders.
4. UTilt and FTilt MKs when they are about to land near you and not while they are Nadoing. OoS FAir and NAir to an extent can work, everything else is too slow though.
5. Space your FSmashes at the edge to avoid UAirs and Shuttle Loops. If you know if they'll be at the ledge for some time take a step back and start charging up that Aura Sphere. Stutterstep FSmashhhhhhhhh <3

Against TL: You did really well. When he was platform camping you got a bit sloppy though. Try to roll under or near the platform. TL has to jump to hit you then, that way you can bait something and punish his landing lag. (Also, USmash has enough range where it blows up bombs without hurting you, but that should rarely if ever be used to blow them up lol.)

culexus・wau

Flamey why do you keep on fullhopping really close against Olis? Fffffff-Third game you fullhopped over him as he was plucking pikmins out after his first stock and he could've USmashed you right there lol.

@ Game 3 last stock - When you're both at like 130% You should be able to kill him with UTilt especially with that low ceiling :(.

Brian H is good though, played him on ladder before.
shhh.

that actually brings up a good point though.

jump is slow so yeah.

I'll be more careful.

I was scaaaaaared lol so I guess that didn't come to mind.

ALSO FRIENDLIES WITH A CERTAIN SOCAL MARTH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUDvhz-Q2uA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLngSAapSi0

<3 jan

Also me failing in crews vs tyrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaWYTawYD3c

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Flamey wtf you doin' jumpin' around above a Marth at 170%? One UTilt and :< lol

Flamey, you use FSmash too much lol.

I'm starting to think that FSmash isn't so great at trying to kill Marth, but rather using it for low % buildup because its so easy to Counter (and we don't want to be offstage at like 160%). Or at least throwing a random charge for it every now and then. OmegaXF did the ledgehop Counter to me a few times as well and I was like ffffffff.

I think trying to DAir an Up Bing Marth is risky, but rather hitting him with our BAir could cause a stagespike (MikeHAZE v. Stauffy).

Our BAir has some nice angles where it can outrange Marth's stupid FAir.

Also, obligatory "YOU COULD'VE KILLED WITH UTILT A DOZEN TIMES" comment >:U

And... why are you Jabbing the best Marth in the world so much?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You don't upload a video directly to smashboards. You need to upload to a video site, like Youtube, and then link it here using the url tags.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You're a pseudo-intellectual ******* and every time I see you acting self-important about your bull **** and your useless data I want to punch you in your furry face.

Wait, what am I supposed to be critiquing?

Zucco

Smash Master
You're a pseudo-intellectual ******* and every time I see you acting self-important about your bull **** and your useless data I want to punch you in your furry face.

Wait, what am I supposed to be critiquing?
I love this guy.

time for a sig change.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Yes, let's gang up on me <3

Anyways Stauffy, I'd like some critique on the vids that were posted.

Even if its ******** online Lucario dittos habits are habits and I'd love to refine my style. I just learned how to properly Broversal just before the first game though and I'm working on implementing it into my style.

Steam

Smash Hero
Was going to watch and then I saw 15 matches.

then I remembered I'm a bad player so I'll leave it to the good players to critique

culexus・wau

Hey Guys Help me in the MK Match-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62CA3rE77Qg

Me playing my crewmate's pocket metaknight before he bids it adieu

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=238EDECDD2A9FB3F

Me Playing My Crewmate's Snake - about 36 Minutes worth of gameplay i think.

KINDA IMPORTANT TOO BUT NOT AS MUCH AS META

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F51805E8AC0CD8B4

Olimar his main, aboout 46 minutes total worth of gameplay, a lot.

Please try to tell me any habits I could fix, anything I should know, doesn't even have to be here, AIM works too if you want to keep secrets :>

AIM: FlameWaveK

I just wanna be my best before apex :<

no Capture card because I wanted some sleep tonight [failed anyway, oh well]

if you really don't have a lot of time just critique the mk one, its the most important.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I see you Air Walkin' :D but not usin' it enough.

Air Walk instead of Air Dodge would've helped you at like :36. Because you decided to Air Dodge offstage you took like 30%-40%.

UTilt moreeeeee. Jab moaaaarrrrr.

When Meta is hassling you underneath with Nado angle shield down.

Don't chase him in the air at low % unless you have a Sphere charged up that can beat Nado.

Shield DI may help you grab him out of DSmash if you fail to Perfect Shield.

When grabbing... do more Down Throws or Back Throws before you hit 75%, you'll do more damage.

Be careful how you use FSmash... After watching some videos of you, Flamey its like you use FSmash whenever you don't know when to do something else. If you could even sometimes partial charge at least for more shield knockback/mindgames that'd be better than what you're doing right now.

DI that DSmash up, yo.

Quit DAiring MK's shield when its like almost full you're not going to shieldpoke it until you've worn it down a bit.

Vs. MK's FTilt DI/SDI out and away from it when you first get hit by it. If you're shielding you can use shield DI to get closer and/or rush in to punish when he's done using his FTilt.

Be careful go near the ledge when MK is doing his offstage shenanigans, you always seem to get punished by that.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I see you Air Walkin' :D but not usin' it enough.

Air Walk instead of Air Dodge would've helped you at like :36. Because you decided to Air Dodge offstage you took like 30%-40%.

UTilt moreeeeee. Jab moaaaarrrrr.

When Meta is hassling you underneath with Nado angle shield down.

Don't chase him in the air at low % unless you have a Sphere charged up that can beat Nado.

Shield DI may help you grab him out of DSmash if you fail to Perfect Shield.

When grabbing... do more Down Throws or Back Throws before you hit 75%, you'll do more damage.

Be careful how you use FSmash... After watching some videos of you, Flamey its like you use FSmash whenever you don't know when to do something else. If you could even sometimes partial charge at least for more shield knockback/mindgames that'd be better than what you're doing right now.

DI that DSmash up, yo.

Quit DAiring MK's shield when its like almost full you're not going to shieldpoke it until you've worn it down a bit.

Vs. MK's FTilt DI/SDI out and away from it when you first get hit by it. If you're shielding you can use shield DI to get closer and/or rush in to punish when he's done using his FTilt.

Be careful go near the ledge when MK is doing his offstage shenanigans, you always seem to get punished by that.
Don't Shield grab Dsmash. Lol. It is infact a non grab-able move. Use jabs to punish properly. The only way it works is if you are right next to mk when he uses Dsmash, and even then its risky.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Ah, alright, I'll keep that in mind, iRJi.

Also, use UAir more against MK when he whiffs a DAir.

Reviewing your vs. Snake games now...

Game 1 - lol spike. Dude, you could've Air Walked that so easily :p Air Walk would've hit him before he hit you. Snake's FAir is so fun to use though.

You probably could've meteor canceled that too, but late night johns are legit, so I'll stop harassing you about it :p

Also at 91% and higher fresh Fthrow does more than BThrow or Dthrow even sooner when you're a stock behind.

Hmmm using DT to blow up a Nade by Snake's feet as well, looks like fun :D

Be careful with using BAir against a grounded Snake if you aren't hitting him you're likely to get grabbed or tilted.

Landing right above him on a platform is not very advisable...

In the third game notice how many AS you landed by hitting him in the head. "When in doubt aim for the head."

Be careful using his nades because of all the silly tricksies he can do with them. Since they potentially can really **** a shield you might want to just avoid trying to pick them up especially against a grounded Snake.

Once you wear a Snake's shield down to poking range though there's really nothing he can do to stop an approach.

Remember 12% Aura Spheres blow up Nades, so if you wanna cling with them in middair just use BAS (especially at high %s).

Flamey your style is so risky, which is like the complete opposite to mine lol.

Stop ledge attacking into nades its not safe to do it until you're over 100% :<

culexus・wau

I love my gambles.

If I'm in kill %, whatever doesn't kill me is A-OK!

trying a more conservative style for apex though.

I get in a lot of trouble when I lose the gamble.

You have to lose games to win games with my style, sorta.

Browny

Smash Hater
ROFL @ uairs hitbox at 2:41 <-- link

youre definitely very flasy... id just suggest more camping with aura spheres? plenty of times you had no reason to approach him and you could have used that time to charge an AS, then approach. 1:45 was the most obvious example.

Also at 3:12 you probably could have thrown out a retreating nair out to catch him while landing (as in, stand to the left of where he would land, then nair while moving right). If it hit, he dies. if he whistle cancels or dodges it, he wont be able to punish it. He cant dair through the platform so there really is little risk in throwing out a KO move. I dont know much about the oli MU, but im assuming he is easiest (and safest) to hit while about to land on a platform?

At 4:12 you should have never let him get off the edge so easily. his get up attack >100 is nothing to be worried about, you could probably simply just space it with ftilt or fsmash and he wont be able to kill you. fsmashing from so far away only covered 1 option, one which he is very unlikely to take.

overall... I would say a little too much fsmash and forcepalm but it worked well, so do it I guess lol.

VaxtinTheWolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0415-5766
Nothing really special to show off.. Since I am new, I wanted everyone to know I at least exist here now. I only give myself a 6/10 rating for my Lucario 'skill.' He's my only main.

Linking to my youtube page so you can watch whatever vids that you like. I can do that, right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/VaxtinTheWolf

*I was told to post this on this thread.*

HyL!

Smash Lord
Nothing really special to show off.. Since I am new, I wanted everyone to know I at least exist here now. I only give myself a 6/10 rating for my Lucario 'skill.' He's my only main.

Linking to my youtube page so you can watch whatever vids that you like. I can do that, right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/VaxtinTheWolf

*I was told to post this on this thread.*

post some of the ones you lose, or have a close game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom