• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hello, i'm a Chicago smasher looking for some melee action in the UK. i've basically got from tuesday night till friday afternoon to play. i would love to play tonight if anyone in London is interested.

i'm located at Feltham, hounslow road. i'm right outside of central London and i can make it if there is a place to play.

i know this is pretty impromtu so if anyone is willing to host, i'd really appreciate it. if nothing can be done, that's fine too. i'm traveling to france on friday night, but i'd rather play with english speaking smashers. makes it easier, me thinks.

it would be great to play with some UK smashers and see how the different regions play so let me know if anything can happen. even if it's for only a couple hours, i'd be willing to take a train somewhere.

not sure how the UK views brawl, but i'm definitely a melee person. if anything is happening, post!
Good to hear you are here, I am strictly a melee player, I do not play that **** game brawl lol.
Ummm im not sure if there is anything going on but I can ask TC (a smashfest host) if he could host a bit earlier so we get to play someonelse.

Edit: I just realised you dont even live that far from the person that host the smashfests in Surbiton. If TC host any earlier is there any chance I can come to your house. But if I do I will need a name of a train station very close to you though.

wow, so does anyone even play melee anymore?
lots of ppl in the US still play melee hardcore. pretty much everyone in chicago gave up on brawl.
are there not a lot of London smashers?

edit: if anyone is interested in a few hours of smash, i'll check up on this post.

i'm no mew2king, but i can hang with some of the best in chicago area. might be a long shot, but i would love to play smash on a different continent.
There are a few London smashers, but the person who hosts big things and gathers most of them is in Sweden atm.
I am interested, its just the fact of where to meet up and play you.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Canadian Brawl player in London from the 13th to the 25th of August if anyone is willing to host I'm looking for some games. I miss Smash Bros.

I'll play Melee as well but I haven't played it in forever so I suspect I'll be of questionable skill.

It's a longshot that I'll get a game but why not.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm a Canadian Brawl player in London from the 13th to the 25th of August if anyone is willing to host I'm looking for some games. I miss Smash Bros.

I'll play Melee as well but I haven't played it in forever so I suspect I'll be of questionable skill.

It's a longshot that I'll get a game but why not.
Lol alot of foreign players are coming around lately, its good though. What part of London are you from because its really important to know as some people wont travel certain distances through London (not me :D). But it would be fun to play a new person and I will try to make it.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
wow, i just slept for like five hours and missed a lot of posts.

i can make it to basically to any train that connects to waterloo station.

is there an address that professor pro had in mind? it's easier for me to find the place than the opposite i suppose.

my hotel address is 41 hounslow rd, middlesex, tw 14. there's a train station at feltham that connects to waterloo. anything happening? tonight would be great.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
Good to hear you are here, I am strictly a melee player, I do not play that **** game brawl lol.
Ummm im not sure if there is anything going on but I can ask TC (a smashfest host) if he could host a bit earlier so we get to play someonelse.

Edit: I just realised you dont even live that far from the person that host the smashfests in Surbiton. If TC host any earlier is there any chance I can come to your house. But if I do I will need a name of a train station very close to you though.

There are a few London smashers, but the person who hosts big things and gathers most of them is in Sweden atm.
I am interested, its just the fact of where to meet up and play you.

is TC's place somewhere in central London? is TC interested?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
wow, i just slept for like five hours and missed a lot of posts.

i can make it to basically to any train that connects to waterloo station.

is there an address that professor pro had in mind? it's easier for me to find the place than the opposite i suppose.

my hotel address is 41 hounslow rd, middlesex, tw 14. there's a train station at feltham that connects to waterloo. anything happening? tonight would be great.
Well I haven spoke to TC yet but i'm gonna ring him now and see if he can do anything on Friday, if he can do it on friday can you defintely come though?

is TC's place somewhere in central London? is TC interested?
No its kinda near where you live, if you go on google and then go on maps and type in 'Surbiton' zoom out a bit and go to the up-left area you will see Heathrow airport is near it and I tihnk you live next to heathrow airport so its not that far.

I'm ringing TC now to see whether he can do anything on Friday.

And the 3rd sig is the best.

I changed the link so you would click on this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI&feature=related

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hmm ,

a link im not clicking it no way so i will just go on youtube and go into pdot1234 account .

what a surprise i dont see the video

nice try

:)
loool Nice try on thinking that your smart and attempting to outsmart him but it wasnt uploaded on his account lol. I would send you the account but that would just take away the fun of watching the curiousity on your mind:bee:.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Sorry pro I can't find my phone charger lol, I'll ask in the morning if I can do Friday.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hmmmmmm.

im still not clicking the link ,

i will copy the link and paste it on google /youtube see what comes up
looool I am still not telling you...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Joking lol the account it is on is www.youtube.com/user/damanwiddaplan392 Frostbyte gets ***** in this cos of those Fuzz vs Frostbyte vids on his combo vid. I **** THE SHIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT out of Pdot in it. And he is gay at 3:26. *** u prick Pdot.

Sorry pro I can't find my phone charger lol, I'll ask in the morning if I can do Friday.
Yeah ok, hopefully its a yes because I really wanna play this new guy. T'will be fun

Retroking2000

Smash Master
ok the link comes up with pdot vs prof ,

LOL i have a gut feeling on this so im not clicking it

what o_o

is up with the 2nd link i copied it on google nothing came up

the first thing you say to me is lool now im really sure that its a rickroll

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
3 games of me in one video. finals of the smashfest tournament I won, fox dittos only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRx03KxVv6U
All I saw was you losing which means your still coming back to the UK a loser, you know your not gonna be better then me when you come back lol, I am going to win the majority of the MM's and anything you do I will just do better but being the beasty smash player I am I will do it in a good sportsmanship manner.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
VA you are ****. My samus was better then you even back then was I was at my worstttt lool Pdot has only left this vid up for the lulz and my name was Professor Smash back then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cph1qfEa3A Look at how much I have improved lool. My samus then would beat you now. If you believe its a rick roll type it in google lol. *** EVERYONE, LOVE EVERYONE

This match is actually extremely gay, too many moves sync with the music and it was accidental lol

3:37 airdodge
3:48 the kill

ALLLLL of 4:24 to 4:41 is GAYYY cos it even syncs with the weapons fired and even at 4:38 with that sound effect which represents failure and when I came back up that happy noise pops up and when I shoot the thing at him its syncs with the music
And at 5:09 the music goes with the pressure of the match and is he gonna make it back kinda thing and it builds up as it gets closer and at 5:19 that sound effect at the airdodge lol... Amazing match, Amazing music

VA

Smash Hero
Back when you were the worst? You mean yesterday? Or today? Because you still muchly are. The fact that you posted such an atrocious video as evidence to go along with the most ridiculous point you've ever tried to make serves to prove this. My Samus is far and away better than yours, it always has been and it always will be.

I let pressure get in the way before, it's always hampered my skill, it has no effect on me now. Prepare yourself to get ***** Professor Nubular.

VA

Smash Hero
you experience something very different when you enter a community that hasn't heard anything about not only you as a smasher but your community. they had no expectations of my skill or my mental game. so I went in just wanting to learn from them and I did. I started out being totally **** and losing a lot. then got a lot better as time went on, started trying other characters that I only messed about with back in the UK and got good results. it gave me confidence that I didn't have.

I wouldn't say my skill is hugely better, just improved my ledgeguards so much, got more consistent and found out quite a few new cool tricks for certain match ups. In tournament brackets I never chose any characters except samus in the UK, I wanted to but I was always too scared. like against Z I had too much respect for him and thought that using say fox would mean I'd get ***** (he always tells me this is his best match up). anyway, I can talk so much about smash out here and how good it's been but really I should just come back and **** you all. should be fun.

Top Bottom