• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Here's a very well known fact. One of the best ways to improve your game is to play another. Can be any, but once you get to grips with another system it'll expand your mind by quite abit. Youll learn things like mixups, zoning and such which you will find hard to learn in MELEE. If you dont believe me, why is my IC's doing decently well against prof (controller johns is not enough).

Edds: Its just a running joke, but its like /facepalm if you get it done to you. Like nobody should care on a huge level :V

craiigg

Smash Lord
i'm sorry but who exactly here are you giving tips to? spacing is an easy concept in any game, smash included

*EDIT: before anyone whinges lol
spacing = easy to understand the concept and learn but takes time to get down*

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
My dad said Friday is fine, so the smashfest is this week Friday.

Start coming after like 11-12 am. I had a good look for my phone charger, so if anyone (particularly the foreigners) wishes me to collect them, just call me and I'll collect you at Surbiton station. My number's on the first post.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Back when you were the worst? You mean yesterday? Or today? Because you still muchly are. The fact that you posted such an atrocious video as evidence to go along with the most ridiculous point you've ever tried to make serves to prove this. My Samus is far and away better than yours, it always has been and it always will be.

I let pressure get in the way before, it's always hampered my skill, it has no effect on me now. Prepare yourself to get ***** Professor Nubular.
LOOOL Ok VA = Vicious Asshole. Im pretty sure your gonna lose with or without pressure, my skill surpasses anything you have ever done in your life, even when i'm sandbagging. My samus is still better then your samus, and it was better than yours even in that video that I posted.

you experience something very different when you enter a community that hasn't heard anything about not only you as a smasher but your community. they had no expectations of my skill or my mental game. so I went in just wanting to learn from them and I did. I started out being totally **** and losing a lot. then got a lot better as time went on, started trying other characters that I only messed about with back in the UK and got good results. it gave me confidence that I didn't have.

I wouldn't say my skill is hugely better, just improved my ledgeguards so much, got more consistent and found out quite a few new cool tricks for certain match ups. In tournament brackets I never chose any characters except samus in the UK, I wanted to but I was always too scared. like against Z I had too much respect for him and thought that using say fox would mean I'd get ***** (he always tells me this is his best match up). anyway, I can talk so much about smash out here and how good it's been but really I should just come back and **** you all. should be fun.
Its sooo obv that your not gonna **** anyone new when you comeback, you will be at the same level in terms of everyone and will win nothing lol. Your not the only one who has improved but I know that when you comeback your gonna be at the same level in comparison to everyone.

who can actually travel out of london these days for a north tourney, btw brawl would be banned
Kinda long, but may I have some more info about it anyway.

Here's a very well known fact. One of the best ways to improve your game is to play another. Can be any, but once you get to grips with another system it'll expand your mind by quite abit. Youll learn things like mixups, zoning and such which you will find hard to learn in MELEE. If you dont believe me, why is my IC's doing decently well against prof (controller johns is not enough).

Edds: Its just a running joke, but its like /facepalm if you get it done to you. Like nobody should care on a huge level :V
Its not a fact, I couldnt play tekken and get better at smash, its different for different people. Maybe it only works on a noob level (:bee:)

My dad said Friday is fine, so the smashfest is this week Friday.

Start coming after like 11-12 am. I had a good look for my phone charger, so if anyone (particularly the foreigners) wishes me to collect them, just call me and I'll collect you at Surbiton station. My number's on the first post.
I should be making this but I want to see if that Foreigner guy is still coming.

i got from a source that this is chris

when playing smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZRtazw0bA
looool Thats exactly like Chrisboi.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well have you tried playing other games properly (limited to fighting games)
If you mean played other games like I have played smash then no, because I played smash alot and if I played another game like I play smash then I wouldnt have a life lol but technically you cant really prove it is a fact just because it happened with you.
And then I would end up like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
You dont need to play it like smash to be good at it. Play properly is like, just playing it competitively.

Also why you up so late =/ cant sleep results tomorrow?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You dont need to play it like smash to be good at it. Play properly is like, just playing it competitively.

Also why you up so late =/ cant sleep results tomorrow?
It still doesnt prove for a fact that it happens, I think it only happens when your at a low level of the game. I cant really see Mew2king playing another game a few weeks before a tournament and hoping to win it because he has played another game.

VA

Smash Hero
It still doesnt prove for a fact that it happens, I think it only happens when your at a low level of the game. I cant really see Mew2king playing another game a few weeks before a tournament and hoping to win it because he has played another game.
lol, well it worked for me too.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Your gonna get good at a game in a few weeks init :|....wait

:|

Edds

Smash Ace
hmm no idea. proberly cause i went and played online with captain falcon and kept getting killed by ike's fsmash. keep pressing Y for high attacks and A for guard.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
why are you talking about **** ?

yes melee is more harder than meltyblood .

the execution anyway

but MB is more mindgame/deception based which is also hard to do because not everyone can mindgame others/or be tricked

as for

SC4 ,

it hasnt got as much depth as melee

but its more like MB most 2D fighters are classed as that one aspect .

fakeattacking/deception-mindgaming

as for brawl

everyone knows that is the best game avar :)

AmcD

Smash Ace
I want to set up a Tournament but i need enough interest. Housing will not be provided but Hostels are another option.
The Hostel I have provided in the link in the North West thread is near the venue and can be cheap with a group.
If there is no interest please do not say s**t that there is not housing thanks.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
hey ppl, just got back from spain. i might get sc4. I haven't been playing brawl that much but i know 1 thing about it. its a game that doesn't make sense lol. instead i've been playing guilty gear. :)

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Cause I just woke up and I really dont wanna go by myself >.< so one flake for me. Tails Chao I need you on MSN sometime I wanna talk to you once Fuzzy gets back

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah it's on today still.

No one's come yet though.
Something came up today and I have to look after my little brother sorry, but im am coming tommorow though if it is still on?

I want to set up a Tournament but i need enough interest. Housing will not be provided but Hostels are another option.
The Hostel I have provided in the link in the North West thread is near the venue and can be cheap with a group.
If there is no interest please do not say s**t that there is not housing thanks.
I am a lil interested but I still need more information about it.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Atm I'm trying to find a Hostel for everyone because housing cannot be provided.
If I have enough interest that people will be willing to travel to Liverpool then I will sort the tournament out.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I could just change it to tomorrow I suppose because no one has come today.

Me and Frozenwave have talked about maybe setting up "Ranbats" which are basically like mini-tournaments with a ranking system (like a league), but we're gonna have to speak to certain people and get it sorted.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I could just change it to tomorrow I suppose because no one has come today.

Me and Frozenwave have talked about maybe setting up "Ranbats" which are basically like mini-tournaments with a ranking system (like a league), but we're gonna have to speak to certain people and get it sorted.
Thats actually good you know, it would set up a kinda competitive thing and it would rank London iswell. Seriously good idea and i'm looking forward to being ranked in it.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
OK lemme tell you guys the deal

1) NO ****ING FLAKES
2) Once a Month
3) Its Neo Empire sorted, we will have our own rankings and itll be posted there along with here. We also need a Neo Empire rep to see the ranbat so they know its actually going on.
4) We need at least 8 people each ranking battle. This would be held at TailsChaos, but since its once a month you better come.
5) Ill be sorting this out with NE. NONE OF YOU SHOW HOSTILITY -_-

Still thinking wether to bother trying to talk with NE, since this community isnt big we dont really need it do we...

Top Bottom