• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I was a Led Zeppelin fan(Zeppo) and thought Red falcon looked like a pilot(Captain of a Zeppelin?!) so for the absolutely ****e banter put them together rofl, makes me cringe now.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
^man up and get a more manly name

(is it too late for all that now?? i dont care i will carry it on)
No it is not true, the '^ man up...' must carry on.

^ man up and come off smashboards you dont even play anymore.

Soz, I get wound up very easily.
Do you do this to every newbie?
Nu just to the ones who get easily affected by it. But I was being serious, what you did was still and utter disgrace and I feel funny responding to you.

you would feel more rejected if they didnt respond to you at all
I responded to you, I hope you feel happier.

Yes I would. They're not going to respond to me are they?
I did above.

craiigg

Smash Lord
it doesn't sound huge, and what's so good about americans we've already played players better than you and they had banter =s

YOU PRESENT A BAD OFFER BOY

crewster

Smash Lord
I think you need to introduce yourself iswell as you have never been to any events before.
I will introduce myself but you must introduce youselve Retroking. And everyone else needs to introduce themself to me.

no offense but who are you crewster ,

we dont know **** about you , i dont blame pro for his assumptions

a little introduction on yourself in order ;) ?
Ok here goes.
I'm 12 years old (there's my age)
I live in Oxfordshire
I main luigi in SSBB
I never played melee (Gasp)
I feel rejected fro the SWF Uk smash cumunity.
What more do you want?

Yo guys

Theres gonna be this huge as tourney in Germany, 3 days, I'm going with a few other american smashers, so should you!!! Hype hype hype

http://forum.germansmash.de/thread.php?threadid=4085
Isn't 3 days a little short notice? We're in the Uk remember.

VA

Smash Hero
You're 12, what do you expect the community to do for you? You haven't attended an event and probably never will because you're so young. Clouderz is a pretty valued member of the BC community and he's 12 but that's because he goes to events and pwns everyone there in Brawl. You're asking us to tell you who we are? Why on earth would we go to the trouble to do that, go on smashwiki and look up people who's names you see on here often, everyone has to start somewhere, ask intelligent questions and stop flaming. We'd all enjoy the peace and quiet and I'm sure you'd enjoy less flaming from the troll king that is professor pro.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I will introduce myself but you must introduce youselve Retroking. And everyone else needs to introduce themself to me.

Ok here goes.
I'm 12 years old (there's my age)
I live in Oxfordshire
I main luigi in SSBB
I never played melee (Gasp)
I feel rejected fro the SWF Uk smash cumunity.
What more do you want?

Isn't 3 days a little short notice? We're in the Uk remember.

Its 3 months away, but the tourney is 3 days long.

crewster

Smash Lord
Z, I'm fine with it but don't do it again people.

Luigi ftw!

Ok people I think I might be able to come to a smash fest if I talk to my parents about it. 1) I need to word it carfully. 2) I need to ask my mum not dad 3) I need to ask when she is in a "good mood".
I don't think they know what a forum is and they don't know I have a account here. I need to say something other than I have been a member of this forum. Little help on how I could word it.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Say you are interested in competitive gaming and have discovered that the uk has a solid community. Show her a few vids and sites: something like an evo or mlg vid or something so she can see how a tourney is run and it is professional, how its not some seedy piece of banter loads of 40 year olds are gonna turn upto.

crewster

Smash Lord
I'm more woried about her being very suprised because of the load of adults that will turn up. She will expect people my age.

I've always been intrested in competetive smash.

J03

Smash Master
aye well its probably considered majority of 15+ as age goes. 12's no biggy, just means you absolutely gut people when you win, wish i was 12 for the gutting buisness lol. ^^^ do what ryan said xD, it would probably help if you refered to us by our names when introducing your parents. It gives it more of a nice personal touch/feel, rather then grayfox and cpt.zeppo which just makes them sound like losers which your parents wont like.

crewster

Smash Lord
But they don't know about this site. How would (other than this site) I know you?

Do you have any video's that I should show my mum. No explicit language plz. Preferably a link to this site in the description.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I'm afraid you're out of luck as Brawl isn't really that popular right now in the uk, I don't think there are any tournaments on the radar, on this forum at least. I recommend just picking up a cheap copy of Melee and trying it out, even if you aren't interested if you fancy coming along to a tourney for the banter I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a few games of Brawl!!

Here's some vids that make the setup look somewhat proessional (although American and mostly Melee haha!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_Q91CkTl8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WowKCUQX4v4

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

http://www.mlgpro.com/

http://www.evo2k.com/

Top Bottom