• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only reason they put melee stages in was to show that the wii has better graphics

A lot of people call the wii equal to if not worse in graphics than the gamecube. It does have some worse lighting an whatnot, but overall i think its better and the levels clearly prove it. Pokemon stadium 1 gives me a headache now.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
I shouldn't reply , but I think they put those stages for the same reason they put Marth. And Sheik.

Sure, we cannot ask for a strong logic in a game this twisted, but, Twilight Princess Sheik?

Marth?

is just to make those unsure players a bit comfortable in the trancision.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
the gamecube is more powerful then the gamecube, don't believe me?

games from 2007 look better then games from 2002!

JellyWeasel

Smash Rookie
Hyrule Temple looks like stoolsamples, too.
But I don't think they put the stages in just for the purpose of graphics. I'm in agreement with rockmace on this. Haven't you ever met one of those people that can only play on Hyrule Temple, and when they don't they either complain or cancel the match?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I shouldn't reply , but I think they put those stages for the same reason they put Marth. And Sheik.

Sure, we cannot ask for a strong logic in a game this twisted, but, Twilight Princess Sheik?

Marth?

Uhhh... Marth?

You do realize how popular Fire Emblem 1 was dont you?

You have no idea what youre talking about with that.

Marth was in because he's Marth..not because he was in Melee...

Also, you realize Shiek was planned to be in Twlight Princess, but was taken out in early stages of development.... thats where her model came from.....

Sigh...

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
They put them in because people liked them.

Also, they're easy. "Say, would you like to design a new stage?"
"No thanks, I'll just re-use an old one!"

Fine with me. I would prefer Corneria over most of the new stages anytime.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
I think they put them in for the same reason there were ssb64 stages in melee, for the fans. Fans enjoy seeing their old favorites in new games. They're still able to use the new style of gameplay on old favorite stages.

Zevox

Smash Lord

Marth?

Marth was in because hes the best Fire Emblem representative for SSB. He was the #11 requested newcomer for Melee in Japan, which was above the likes of Meta Knight and Diddy Kong, and only below the biggest names like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Peach. Hes the most iconic Lord of the series, a favorite in Japan, and has a game coming out in the future that is a remake of his first game, Fire Emblem DS, which will presumably bring him international. Hes in because he deserves it, simple as that.

Melee stages were included because people liked them. Do you have any idea how many people were asking for the return of Hyrule Temple? Hell, after we learned what stages were in, there was some significant complaints on the stage board about which ones didn't make it.

Sheik I don't know what to say about, since shes an oddball character I can't really see any objective reason to include or any objective reason to exclude.

Zevox

blackninjaforevr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beefsloth
3DS FC
2681-2164-1047
That's just stupid...

You are comparing brawl a 1-2 year old wii game, to Melee a first generation Gamecube game, not to stomp on your Wiipeen or anything, but a current generation gamecube game could probably match Brawl's graphics fine, though on more than one disc haha.

No point in trying to find excuses about extra stuff in the game, just have fun and play em.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
Marth was in because hes the best Fire Emblem representative for SSB. He was the #11 requested newcomer for Melee in Japan, which was above the likes of Meta Knight and Diddy Kong, and only below the biggest names like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Peach. Hes the most iconic Lord of the series, a favorite in Japan, and has a game coming out in the future that is a remake of his first game, Fire Emblem DS, which will presumably bring him international. Hes in because he deserves it, simple as that.

Melee stages were included because people liked them. Do you have any idea how many people were asking for the return of Hyrule Temple? Hell, after we learned what stages were in, there was some significant complaints on the stage board about which ones didn't make it.

Sheik I don't know what to say about, since shes an oddball character I can't really see any objective reason to include or any objective reason to exclude.

Zevox
HA HA HA, Hell yeah!!
Hail Marth, The Great Falchion!!

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I think they put them in for the same reason there were ssb64 stages in melee, for the fans. Fans enjoy seeing their old favorites in new games. They're still able to use the new style of gameplay on old favorite stages.
Quoted for truth.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Wait, wait, wait. Hold it. Most of the levels in Brawl are direct rips of Gamecube games anyways. Isle Delfino, Bridge of Eldin, Port Town are all just Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess and F-Zero GX, all on the Gamecube. Oh and the Parasite Queen, Metroid Prime all the way.

Secondly, Jungle Japes is still beautiful, it looks better than a lot of Brawl stages.

Top Bottom