• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only thing I hate about new samus....

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
No homing grapple. That was like one of the best things in melee, running past and enemy and homing grapple them w/o them suspecting lol...

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
pivot grab lah~
Dash pivot cancel buffered turn standing grab lah~

Koji123

Smash Cadet
I miss her Sex kick, morph ball bombs exploding on contact(Seriously, what the hell?), and her super missiles. I don't really hate anything about new Samus with the exception of the new versions of what i mentioned above.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I hate how her jab is punishable on HIT and her smashes don't kill. Actually, I dislike a lot of things involving the nerfed state of Samus.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
No homing grapple. That was like one of the best things in melee, running past and enemy and homing grapple them w/o them suspecting lol...
If you are talking about the extended Grappling Beam, that was taken out in the PAL version. Furthermore, the extended Grappling Beam was practically useless, and it was a pain to make the glitch work. It looked funny, though.

Koji123

Smash Cadet
Hey there are many things I like about new Samus! Some examples are her up B, homing missiles, her paint job(shiny!), her Z-air, her Uair and her Dair(looks more badass, WHOOSH!) so I still hold much love for Sammy regardless of how bad her match ups are at the moment. <3

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I miss her bombs blowing up on contact, in Brawl they arn't very effective a stoping players in their tracks anymore. Other then that I actually like the Brawl Samus more.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I miss the fact that all her kill moves killed about twice as fast in Melee. And the old powershield that reflected missiles..

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
I think bombs are pretty useful during ledge play and as a defense against approach. At the very least, they're a distraction. The sex kick can still be used to stage spike (very situational, but it's an option) and just deal damage. Usmash is probably my least used move. :/

Mars-

Smash Champion
dash Pivot Canceled Dsmash Lah~
Nai-- O Wait..
Where Is The buffer Part? I Have Never Ever seen You post Some tech Stuff Without Buffering! Where, Where i Ask?

By the way, anyone that quotes me will be very confused.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ yea lol those techs are too easy.. don't even require buffering.

*ROLLEYES.GIF*

__V

Smash Journeyman
I miss her old charge shot. Animation AND power.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
i hate these "samus is so much worse in brawl than melee topics" they are all the same spam every week
OMG BUT ITS SUPPER SERIOUS!

Just kidding ^^

She's just different, not worse, not better, people need to deal with it and play the game.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
wooooow...just wow...being insulted based on my join date...thats just low, and notice how i out "samus is so much worse in brawl than melee topics" in qoutes, thats because im annoyed that someone always has to make a topic about that when i agree with you guys that samus is just different...i agree al little nerfed but really just meant to play different in brawl...just so you know ive been a lurker since like mid 2007

and if you think i don't know **** about brawl(which im assuming means you think i **** at brawl to) fight me or something, cause i can prove i know more than my fair share for my young age and join date

and where did mario and pikachu come from...that was very random?

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha, Homing grabs were the days of Samus, I'd have to agree it was killed. But still Samus is still a very good character in the amount of damage she produces in her every attack, homing grabs really do bring back the memories. I still laugh at those times, because it's such an expected move.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I miss learning to SWD, and then realizing it was completely useless.

Oh and her cry when she's star KO'd.

theshortgamer

Smash Cadet
OMG BUT ITS SUPPER SERIOUS!

Just kidding ^^

She's just different, not worse, not better, people need to deal with it and play the game.
IMO she's different AND worse.

People do need to just deal with it or... not play the character. I play Samus because I'm a huge fan of the Metroid series, so no matter how low on the tier list she is I'll keep playing her.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
wooooow...just wow...being insulted based on my join date...thats just low, and notice how i out "samus is so much worse in brawl than melee topics" in qoutes, thats because im annoyed that someone always has to make a topic about that when i agree with you guys that samus is just different...i agree al little nerfed but really just meant to play different in brawl...just so you know ive been a lurker since like mid 2007

and if you think i don't know **** about brawl(which im assuming means you think i **** at brawl to) fight me or something, cause i can prove i know more than my fair share for my young age and join date

and where did mario and pikachu come from...that was very random?
Making fun of Smash Boarders is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Top Bottom