• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The other 2 spacies should get combo weights closer to Wolf.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Most of what I want to say is in the topic title.

I wanna know what other people think about this.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's combo weight is closer to the combo weight of Fox/Falco in Melee.

And comboing Fox/Falco at lower %'s (Taking increased crouch cancel %'s into account.) is much harder than it should be.

They should respond to hits the same way, but they don't.

I noticed this somewhat recently, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed as well.

Last edited:

GMaster171

Smash Ace
I personally don't see what's different in comboing them, they all seem to get hit by the same combos. Throws are slightly off atm but its not hard to change.

CCing isnt buffed btw.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't see what's different in comboing them, they all seem to get hit by the same combos. Throws are slightly off atm but its not hard to change.

CCing isnt buffed btw.
In Melee, CC-ing would only reduce the hitstun by half and work at lower %s (30 usually being the highest unless you're Yoshi)

In this game, the crouch cancel mechanic was not implemented properly.

It's much closer to DI-ing towards the ground as you get hit reducing hitstun to 0.

It's a bad mechanic that I hope the PMBR fixes soon. NO one should be able to ignore the fact they were hit by Link's D-smash at 50. . .

So unless people from the back-room have been lying, yes CC-ing got buffed.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Given, the "buffs" are not intentional, they are still a problem.

But that's not the issue.

When you compare how Fox/Falco fall when being comboed in PM and Melee, there is actually a huge difference.

And Wolf reacts to hits in very much the same way as Melee spacies.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
CCing doesn't influence hitstun directly. Mechanically its the same; it reduces the knockback you take while crouching by 33%. The "buffs" are most likely a placebo due to the more relevant heavy characters or higher quantity of relevant low BKB moves.

In terms of how the Spacies fall, their physics match Melee afiak so that shouldn't be an issue.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
CCing doesn't influence hitstun directly. Mechanically its the same; it reduces the knockback you take while crouching by 33%. The "buffs" are most likely a placebo due to the more relevant heavy characters or higher quantity of relevant low BKB moves.

In terms of how the Spacies fall, their physics match Melee afiak so that shouldn't be an issue.
I'll take your word for it.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
But the real point of this thread is that the Melee Spacies are not the same combo weight as in Melee.

And anyone aware of the change in combo weight would like to see them restored to it. (I actually had a conversation with a bunch of players at a tournament today, and they were aware of it as well.)

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
if anything you are referring to involves chain grabbing, then there is some thing with the landing detection that is slightly different than melee that causes characters to land slightly earlier. not sure if this is still true, but i know it was at one point. fox and falco feel the same otherwise. their falling speeds and weights are the same exact as they were in melee. Theres nothing different about combo weight than regular weight and falling speed. they feel the same to me, and to a lot of other players as well.

Top Bottom