• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I have a simple question which is pretty noob, but uh....if im bsticking how can i glidetoss backwards? As in facing forwards, rolling backwards, and still throwing the turnip forward.

Thank you
Ask Meno, he still seems to be having problems figuring out that one himself

:troll::troll::troll:

You'll have to do it manually
Input a backwards roll and then really quikly input a forward Glide Toss using the Control Stick and A (or whatever button you have set for Attack)

So for example, if you're facing Right, you want to input a roll to the Left and then quickly slam the Control Stick to the Right whilst pressing A

It can be a bit fiddly to do sometimes

M@v

Subarashii!
Why come they made Peach better than Zelda?
how come all u ever talk about is how bad zelda is
Yeah, I mean seriously have at least a little love for the character you play. I use zelda for low tiers and I dont think she's THAT bad.....

I mean it could be worse, she could be ganon :troll:

Anyway, do you peach players fell peach vs pika is really 50:50? I've almost never seen the mu occur so I really don't have much to go on.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm having trouble doing the lagless turnip pull. The one where you input it right b4 leaving a ledge. I can do the free-pull now but i can't seem to get the one mentioned above. Mind helping? I always just stop at the edge instead. And i can't seem to continue running+pull turnip.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
If you're just stopping at the edge, you're probably attempting to do it too early.

also I assume that last bit is referring to the Bonewalk? you need to input the turnip pull need the end of Peach's foxtrot animation.

All of these things can't be made any easier really. They require practice to get down. Just keep working at it. Try working in slower speeds maybe so you can get the visual cues down for normal speed.

:rosalina:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If you're just stopping at the edge, you're probably attempting to do it too early.

also I assume that last bit is referring to the Bonewalk? you need to input the turnip pull need the end of Peach's foxtrot animation.

All of these things can't be made any easier really. They require practice to get down. Just keep working at it. Try working in slower speeds maybe so you can get the visual cues down for normal speed.

No i can do the bonewalk. It said on the video to continue running while pulling and that's how you get the ledge cancel effect to happen. And i always just either A) stop RIGHT at the ledge or B) derp and do a side B. I could only seem to get it with b-stick =/

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm, it's a very simple thing to do. Like I said you're either doing the input too early or you're probably not holding forward after you start the turnip pull.

What's up Peach mains?

I have a couple of questions I want to ask and I'd like you guys to help me answer them. They're all related to Norfair by the way.

1) How does your character fare with just the stage? Does your character benefit from the layout and the numerous hazards or do they normally hinder you?
2) How does your character generally fare on this stage against certain matchups? Does he excel in a lot of them and only has a few bad MUs, or is he generally bad on this stage against a large portion of the cast?
3) What are some general strategies for your character on this stage? Controlling the center? Stalling? Staying mobile?
4) Overall, would you say that this stage is mostly good for your character, mostly bad, or depends?

Thanks in advance!

This mass survey across most of the character boards is admin approved.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I'm just getting back into brawl and I'm way out of practice with peach. Do you guys have any tips for practicing on your own with peach? My problem is I am a little sloppy and slow. Should I just practice comboing lvl 1 CPUs?

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
I'm just getting back into brawl and I'm way out of practice with peach. Do you guys have any tips for practicing on your own with peach? My problem is I am a little sloppy and slow. Should I just practice comboing lvl 1 CPUs?
I'm not as good as some of these guys but send me a PM if you want to play and I bet I could give you some tips. My wii is down for a couple days but after that I will be ready to go. This is also open to anybody else who might want to play.

A question had been asked about the turnip pull near ledges. I just let of forward on my control stick to hit down b. You can actually do this in the stage to see how far she slides. And when you do it near a ledge as long as you slide and hit the edge then when that happens you can jump off.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What's up Peach mains?

I have a couple of questions I want to ask and I'd like you guys to help me answer them. They're all related to Norfair by the way.

1) How does your character fare with just the stage? Does your character benefit from the layout and the numerous hazards or do they normally hinder you?
2) How does your character generally fare on this stage against certain matchups? Does he excel in a lot of them and only has a few bad MUs, or is he generally bad on this stage against a large portion of the cast?
3) What are some general strategies for your character on this stage? Controlling the center? Stalling? Staying mobile?
4) Overall, would you say that this stage is mostly good for your character, mostly bad, or depends?

Thanks in advance!

This mass survey across most of the character boards is admin approved.
I personally looooooove Norfair. It's such a troll map

I'd never pick against someone with a nasty aerial like MK's Uair/ or someone with a long range/better projectile but a character that doesn't have a projectile/as good a projectile or against horribly slow characters like DeDeDe this map is a treat for timing out and generally annoying your opponent when you have the lead. As my friends say - it's nor-fair on Norfair

Personally, I prefer to stay mobile the entire time - Floating right over the middle part to reach the other side of the stage (or backtrack) whilst using the ledge to my advantage and throwing out as many ledge pulled turnips as possible

The hazards aren't really a problem for Peach imo - most of the hazards on Norfair are telegraphed a fair while off. Rising lava can be Floated over so Peach doesn't have to worry about immediately getting to a platform. If she does get hit, she'll get popped up and can start her Float so as to not get hit by it again

I think this map would be good for a select few match ups - one where Peach out projectiles the opponent or can deal with air air combat - such as Pikachu, DeDeDe, Wario, possibly even PT as Ivysaur would have to watch out for the fire. Taking MK or Link would be a bad idea imo

That's my 2 pennies anyway...

Cook

Smash Master
Lots of you dudes like to do flashy things, so maybe someone here can answer my question. So, there's this thing you can do where you run forward, then turn around and slide backwards while charging f-smash (backwards being the direction you were running from). It works with every character, I think, but so far out of the characters I've checked it seems most noticeable with Peach and MK. It seems like it could be a useful mindgame sometimes, and pretty safe because you end up sliding away from where the bad guy is while charging f-smash, which has no lag because you're Peach. Anyway, I've never seen anyone do it before so I was curious about whether it was a known thing. I would put up a video but I'm a dumb and don't know how. But the way you do it is you run to the right, then mash left so that she starts her turn around animation, then when her momentum changes directions you hit right on the C-stick and hold Z to charge (of course you don't HAVE to charge). You'll know you did it right when it happens. Do the C-stick too early and she just sits there, or perhaps shields or something, do it too late and she grabs (if you held Z).

Cook

Smash Master
I know about it, but honestly I don't believe I make use of it lol. Do you see Nicole perform it when you play with her?

Lol, no, I accidentally killed her that way with MK once, though, and couldn't figure out how I did it, but I finally figured it out today. And now I'm just kind of going through and seeing if it seems useful for any other characters, and it seems ok for Peach.

Oh, and the use that comes to mind for me is to run at someone who is landing so they think you'll keep running forward and they can land behind you, but surprise, you slid backwards, F-smash, home run, crowd loves you! But, I think that seems more practical as MK because he runs faster and slides farther. Could be useful against Olimar. Like, you run at him and he shields expecting you to attack or whatever, you start turning around and he's like wtf, mmk, free garb, here we go, then he gets hit out of his garb with F-smash, home run, crowd loves you! I mean, in general it is confusing when someone runs at you and doesn't do anything, and people want to punish turnarounds because they're laggy.

Kyon, try doing it how I described and I think you should be able to figure it out. :)

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
I have recently started doing some textures and I have seen a few on video I can't find a download file too. First, Striker peach and daisy. Also I didn't see a name but I saw a video,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZAeBTvAFg&feature=related but I don't know the name to download these. Especially the one with the blue skirt. Anybody know the direct download links? Thanks
I changed the link in here because I accidently linked the wrong one. But I am quoting it in case anybody who wanted to help was confused.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What are Peach best counterpicks? What should I avoid?
How do I deal with Marth? I always get pressured and stuck near the ledge and proceed to get owned no matter who is using the Marth. The MU seems like it's impossible.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Peach players I has question. My issue with snake is his dash attack and dacus. When I try to time and punish it(with grounded Nair) I'm just a second late. Does jab clash or beat these moves? Same goes for falco's side b.

:phone:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I think jab beat falco's -> B, but I could be thinking of fox. I just n-air when I see falco stall in the air.

As for snake, I have no clue. I always go pikachu against snake.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach players I has question. My issue with snake is his dash attack and dacus. When I try to time and punish it(with grounded Nair) I'm just a second late. Does jab clash or beat these moves? Same goes for falco's side b.

Nair can beat it. its bases on reaction time. But its pretty safe. I have fast reaction time though so I guess you should not take what I said here so seriously.

A Jab will hit snake out of both of them. If you time a Dair when he Dacus, The Dair will eat the upsmash and then hit snake. When I feel snake willcome at me with one, I float at the right height and Dair. Snake goes in and the upsmash is canceled out, then I get to hit snake after. Just like her Dair can cancel out his F-B.

I stick with just jabs and Dairs,its easier. Though for me, Nair and Dair is my best choices.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Peach secondaries? I currently think of G&W.
You can forget about MK, what else would work well?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Jigglypuff.

...idk someone who takes care of Meta Knight and possibly Snake if you think he's a big problem too. Diddy Kong, Fox, Pikachu, not GW etc.

:052:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
... I completely forgot.

Well IMO if you have got enough patience, which I'm assuming you do, Peach does well vs Dedede, so there's no real need :). Pick another fun character of your choice.

:053:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I use pikachu as my secondary. The match ups I hate with peach I'm enjoy with pikachu and they're actually easier.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well I used to main Rob a long time ago. Not gonna use him again. GW doesnt really help Peach at all. I guess I should use preference in that case. I still get ***** by snake and marth, right?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My character choice is all preference, I wouldn't devote time to a character I don't enjoy playing just for tiers. (MK, Snake, etc.) Pikachu is still a pretty good secondary for Peach, I believe.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
can someone tell me what are the best strings that Peach can do on shield? Is fc nair >fc nair> dsmash legit in any way? i have always been curious because i feel Peach has probably the best shield pressure in the entire game along with MK, Gdubs, Falco, and Sonic . Oh and a good spaced marf.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
No, it's not. Peach can be shieldgrabbed.

Fair is safe on shield.
Dair is safe on shield when autocanceled, while retreating and pseudo-safe when canceled into a Nair.
Bair is safe on shield.
Nair is safe while retreating or while jumping away or pseudo-safe when spaced very well.
Uair is psuedo-safe but you're not likely to hit shield with it.
Dtilt is safe with decent spacing.
Jab1 is safe with decent spacing (not always).
Turnips are safe.

Fsmash is mostly safe because of the pushback.
Usmash (Sweetspot only I think) is safe near ledges because of the pushback.

For Brawl she is very safe on shield and she has a lot of moves that are safe, so yeah, her shield pressure is quite good.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Depends which character you're facing but generally, there aren't a lot of 'great' strings on shield because lots of characters can use OoS options to punish string attempts

There's your standard Fair -> Jab and Floating Dair -> Falling retreating Nair on shield and you can usually start off/finish with a Turnip throw on shield but that's about it imo

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
What Rickerdy said indeed. Brawl doesn't have a lot of shieldstun (Peach actually has a lot for Brawl), so your safer 'strings' are going to be short and simple. To expand Rick's list:

Fair > Jab (be careful to space this, jab is not very safe. Avoid using jab2 on shield.)
Fair > Grab (a very good mix-up. It seems Fair extends her grab hitbox slightly as well)
Fair > Dtilt [> slide]
Fair > Dsmash (for the pokes)
Fair > FH Nair
Floating Dair > falling Nair [> additional jab/Dtilt] (retreat a bit while hitting with Dair so you space Nair well afterwards)
SH Dair > floating Nair (surprise attack)
AC Dair > Jab/Grab/Dsmash
Bair > reverse Jab (tricky)
Bair > Dsmash
Bair > FH Nair
Turnip > FH Nair/Jab/Grab (Peach's turnip throw has a long animation, but it doesn't have much lag at all. Be aware of this)

I think that's about it. It may seem like a big list (which it may be for Brawl), but they are really quite simple. Her strings damage but don't break shields, and she possesses a strong mix-up and poking game. Have fun :)

Top Bottom