• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Great stuff thanks!

I generally don't dair a lot. I mostly focus on learning Peachs spacing and mastering floating.
Turnips are cool and I usually don't approach without one.

Is it legit to hit their shield with an aerial and sometimes upon landing mix it up with a jab? Her jab seems ridiculous! D:

And characters without reliable killmoves are normal to me. All the time playing with Rob and Puff and taught me how to use items and how to successfully play an aerial, floaty game.

I generally try to play to learn or I won't improve. I have some moves I tend to never land, like SideB and Usmash.

I play a lot against Wario. I know the grab release tricks and stuff. What should a do against Wario? He is always in my face and still safe.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Do you Peach players ever do that thing that HRC nuts do, with catch/release spam of a stitchface to do massive damage on larger characters?

I imagine it wouldn't be very difficult to do if you have two buttons set to Grab. Of course, positioning makes it really situational, but...I could see it working from time to time.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

i need more info on this, sounds tasty.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
That z drop think looks really interesting. The only thing is I doubt it would work on an actual human opponent. Z drop is something that I just use for mindgames. Sometimes if I'm close to the ground i'll z drop a turnip and pick it up and glide toss. Or z drop it, start a float, and do like a dair or something for shield pressure. Z dropping can be pretty nice if you're trying to get back on the ground when you are high up in the air, and the opponent is harassing you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, just do it instead of N-Air after a D-Air and stuff. There are options for giving it a shot.

It's definitely situational, but I could see it being useful from time to time.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That must have taken forever...how on earth did they get two Stitchfaces in a row AND a Bob-omb??? Did they literally keep replaying until they got lucky enough to get them? Or is there some sort of luck manipulation going on?

What are the inputs for it? By the looks of things, you jump, quickly Z Drop the Turnip, double jump recatch Z Drop and then airdodge Z Drop...looks ridiculously situational and pretty darn tricky to pull off

Also, by looking at the comments, it would appear this is tool assisted

Although I sort of guessed that when the Peach started doing Z Drops to autocancelled Nairs to Jabs to stop the sandbag going anywhere LOL

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There may have been luck manipulation going on, but, Peach's Melee HRC involved doing everything just right and praying that you get a Bob-omb at the very end, tool-assisted or not.

Also, tool-assisted or not, the important part is not the N-Air or jab, and with two grab buttons, I imagine this would be doable. All it would take is pressing grab repeatedly to catch and release quickly.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I haven't touched the Home Run-Contest in like forever. I can't remember if you can pluck Stitch Faced Turnips every time with random Bom-Ombs. Z-Drop along with fast falling if what it looks like. I tend to pull out Stitch Faced Turnips and Mr. Saturn like crazy while I can't pull out Beam Swords and or Bom-Ombs for anything...

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, with Fair, if you time it right when the light comes out from the attack, you can FF or just land and your lag will be canceled out. From there you can go into instant jabs, Ftilt, Nair ect.:peach:

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Do you meant to ground float cancel them?
Well... however you autocancel them out of float/SH

Well, with Fair, if you time it right when the light comes out from the attack, you can FF or just land and your lag will be canceled out. From there you can go into instant jabs, Ftilt, Nair ect.:peach:
Oh thanks, it's actually in the frame data thread, for most of the aerials it's right after that last hitbox ends

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
This is what I posted in the Tier List thread...thoughts?

Tbh, she's not that good; it's the players that make Peach viable. Her combos and playstyle takes lots of work, precision, and care to be effective. Her ground speed is too slow even w/ glide-tossing, and her moves don't have tons of range and she her attacks make her stationary and committed.

I love playing as Peach, but unless a player can get her speedy, adaptable, with consistent pressure then she's not going to do well. Illmatic, BO X7, Jlo, LLOD, Yami, and Excel_Zero have the fastest Peaches, so if one can get her to their combined speed w/ good reads & smarts then maybe she can start placing.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Except Bo hasn't played Brawl in over half a year, and he wasn't even playing Peach last I saw him. I haven't seen him play Peach in almost a year now.

z00ted

13th/139 isn't placing?

2nd/40 isn't placing?

4th/38 isn't placing?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Except Bo hasn't played Brawl in over half a year, and he wasn't even playing Peach last I saw him. I haven't seen him play Peach in almost a year now.
It doesn't matter, if you watch his videos, he is still very technical/swift in his movements. Also, he is my friend, and we played a lot when I lived in Chicago. He is very quick and smart about his moves/movements.

13th/139 isn't placing?

2nd/40 isn't placing?

4th/38 isn't placing?
Nah Illmatic, you're good, lol. I'm talking about the rest of the Peaches catching up, and I'm giving reasons as why it's taking Peach so long to place well. She's alright, but she can't really pressure when opponent's are high in the air aside from turnips, and her range is still meh considering her speed.

z00ted

Kyle and Kyon both have pretty good placements too but their region / locals aren't as strong as some of mine.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Alright, I will stop being so negative, lol. There's no reason to complain anymore, but improve. How do you play her so fast Illmatic? How do you connect her moves and proceed to apply pressure that is consistent and leaves little room for openings? What do you do about her air speed in matches while landing?...it frustrates me!

z00ted

I don't know. Alot of people have asked me that exact same question.

I think it's just knowing exactly what to do in a situation when you have the opportunity to squeeze in one of Peach's combos, you know exactly what to do afterwards, how to follow up, etc etc.

Most players that aren't at top level have the same habits, this game doesn't have as many options as you think when you really watch what people do. You learn how to read stuff.

Nicole is really good at reads, hitting opponents, and stringing too.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
This is what I posted in the Tier List thread...thoughts?

Tbh, she's not that good; it's the players that make Peach viable. Her combos and playstyle takes lots of work, precision, and care to be effective. Her ground speed is too slow even w/ glide-tossing, and her moves don't have tons of range and she her attacks make her stationary and committed.

I love playing as Peach, but unless a player can get her speedy, adaptable, with consistent pressure then she's not going to do well. Illmatic, BO X7, Jlo, LLOD, Yami, and Excel_Zero have the fastest Peaches, so if one can get her to their combined speed w/ good reads & smarts then maybe she can start placing.

My Peach is pretty fast too, BEOTCH

<3

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

My Peach is pretty fast too, BEOTCH

<3
LOL, then answer my next question plz :) vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Alright, I will stop being so negative, lol. There's no reason to complain anymore, but improve. How do you play her so fast Illmatic? How do you connect her moves and proceed to apply pressure that is consistent and leaves little room for openings? What do you do about her air speed in matches while landing?...it frustrates me!
I really need help w/ this, I'm really loving Peach but my tech skill needs work even w/ the improvements I've been making. What ATs of Peach are underused that can be really useful @ times? Like bair lock, bone-walking, etc..?

Also...how do you f-smash w/ a turnip in hand?

*How can I play more conscious about my mix-ups/ reads/smarts?

I feel I would be even better if I could have a better understanding of reading opponents & making sure I look @ their character & where they can be next

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
atm Corrupted's forward glide toss stuff is underused.

they can make for rly deadly punishes or well, just like 20 + damage if you just grab.

it's kinda gay though coz forward glide tossing is used pretty poorly a lot of the time but well, that won't be me though, i gotz some smarts. xD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I didn't know you were using Peach now, G_Star! :o Hope it goes well. I'd offer advice if I could, maybe you can play me on wifi sometime if possible.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Peach boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I didn't know you were using Peach now, G_Star! :o Hope it goes well. I'd offer advice if I could, maybe you can play me on wifi sometime if possible.
I have been using Peach since 08, and I used to main her until I decided to switch to Pit, and then I have been debating about using her in tournament because of her flaws, but I decided to just use her to the best I can along w/ Pit and secondary her.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Hello Peach boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!
I think it's a very winnable matchup 50-50. But also can be a tough match if not played right.

The biggest pains imo:
- He outspaces us horizontally on both the ground and the air. It can be very frustrating trying to approach him with ANYTHING because he can ftilt, fsmash, fair or bair you away. Even his NAIR has crazy range over us.
- His aerial hitboxes are super disjointed and powerful. Nair, bair and fair kill pretty early if you're not careful.
- His projectile spam can be dumb.

+ Fortunately I think peach has the tools to combat everyone of those challenges. To beat him horizontally on the ground, use an instant dash attack here and there. It is quick and can discourage the opponent from attacking on the ground. It's very frustrating getting hit by the move.
+ For the aerial hitboxes and projectile spam, just learn how ROB uses them and learn the hitboxes. Figure out how to get inside or dair or fair him in between the lag or him trying to hit you with a projectile.
+ The biggest plus is that ROB is a huge target, so you can throw down combos and uair strings on him easier than you can to other characters. You should always be near each other percentage wise and he can get hit by fair or bairs pretty easy.

FAIRs and BAIRs will KO him the most. Especially BAIR out of shield. At least in my experience.

SUMMARY
+ Watch ROB so you know how he is spacing his horizontal moves.
+ Watch ROB so you can weave in and out of his projectile spam
+ Be careful of his aerial moves. They have stupid hitboxes and duration
+ He is big so combo him like crazy to keep the percentages close
+ To KO him you're going to have to either tip your Fair or Bair him out of shield.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. As a peach player what do you have to do against falco? Are falcos easy? Does Peach out beat falco? What tactics do you use on falco? and finally, does Peach have a 0- death combo on falco?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. As a peach player what do you have to do against falco? Are falcos easy? Does Peach out beat falco? What tactics do you use on falco? and finally, does Peach have a 0- death combo on falco?
Sorry about all the ?'s

Top Bottom