• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Actually Europe has only 2 legit players, Ramin and Glutonny. (Only Ramin went to Apex / Leon is at the level of quiKsilver and me)
And dafuq are you talking about? I was rewatching the set and I used the monkey flip (but I still need to use it more often)

Vega4

Smash Ace
lol, there are no top ZSS players in Colombia. When ZSS players got good placing in tournaments was like in... 2009? XD.
That's the funny thing, ZSS can't get good placings because ZSS is too limited, two top ZSS are retired, and only Mario is left, and he only got top20 in our last national...
A ZSS main shouldn't beat a Diddy main at least the ZSS is a better player, but in the set of Cyve, it wasn't like Quicksilver outplayed him, it was just that Cyve limited himself so hard by not using monkey flip and other stuff, and did that horrible start of the second match with the armor pieces party that made me so mad...
I used to think that Leon was the closest one to Gluttony level, I didn't know that in Europe Mr. R was considered better.

EDIT: ! is Anderson, best Snake in Bogota (not in the country), he got top 20 in our last national, so he is a good player I didn't recognize him as ! xD
But I talk about what I saw, so I keep sayin that you could do way better vs Quicksilver.

BTW, 6:40...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSIpkMaABJ8

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Vega, why are you riding Cyve so hard because of one set? You're not exactly a god of Diddy yourself, and even if you were the way you're posting wouldn't be okay. The whole region x is better than region y only made it worse. Drop it.

Yes, Monkey Flip is a good move (and yes, it's Side-B) that should be used liberally. I, myself, am frequently told I don't Side-B enough. That's all we need to say about it.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So you getting the infinite off in tournaments yet? I know you have in MMs.

Also, does DRN do the ZSS infinite now? The last time I played him he got the setup a few times (scared the heck out of me), but never did it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
you don't have to worry about me doing great at sktar, but IDC if Jebus is your hero, you're just a moron if he is.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol jebus. hes not so great
inb4vatosucksjebus'**** :p

anyway. quiksilver was pretty bad. cyve. defs not a bad player. you have really good reactions to things and tech skill is pretty consistent. but aggressive ways would get punished so hard against alot of other players. worked out well this time i guess though...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see how ZSS punishes aggro play that hard? The only thing I feel Diddy shouldn't do is directly challenge ZSS' aerials once she's put in the air and opt to punish her landing. Other than that I imagine aggro Diddy to do just fine vs ZSS.

:059:

Vega4

Smash Ace
you don't have to worry about me doing great at sktar, but IDC if Jebus is your hero, you're just a moron if he is.

I hope you will. You don't want to lose one of your biggest fans (specially if his new hero is going to be Jebus).

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Actually Europe has only 2 legit players, Ramin and Glutonny. (Only Ramin went to Apex / Leon is at the level of quiKsilver and me)
And dafuq are you talking about? I was rewatching the set and I used the monkey flip (but I still need to use it more often)
I dissagree with you here bro.

we have Ramin and glutonny but we also Have Orion who did place just as well as mr.R did. Leon is imo top 3 player in europe(ask it Ramin) together with Mr.R and Gluto.
other than that we have a lot of players that are great so "we have only 2 legit players" isn't completely true.

Player-1

Smash Legend

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man, I really wanna see those nana locks though! Just so I can bug Lp about what a scrub he is some more :bee:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
quiKsilver is probably the best ZSS in Europe, and he plays smarter than most of you guys (Even Mr.R said, that he plays smarter than Salem but needs more experience and stuff)
And I also doubt that you're better than me ROFL
but nvmd, i don't want beef in here~
Just to be clear on things, I said ''based on the games that I've played against salem ( which weren't that many ) I think you are the smarter player, but his teckskill and spacing is superior ''
I do think that you guys are overating the diddy-zss matchup by alot. It's actually not that bad

You are saying that you are better than me just because you are European and I'm latin american? Being a good player in europe doesn't mean you are better than a good player in latin america, a Chilean boy placed better @Apex than a lot of your top european heros, so till next time, south america>europe. .
seriously, what youtube comment section did you come from ?

lol @ calling the best player of the entire continent of south america a 'chilean boy'.

LMAO, this

No offense towards you cyve, but I don't think you can put yourself on Leons lvl just yet, especially when you 2 haven't ever been to the same tourney.

I dissagree with you here bro.

we have Ramin and glutonny but we also Have Orion who did place just as well as mr.R did. Leon is imo top 3 player in europe(ask it Ramin) together with Mr.R and Gluto.
other than that we have a lot of players that are great so "we have only 2 legit players" isn't completely true.
Yup, agree with this. it seems like everybody somehow forgot that orion beat vinnie and took nietono to game 3 at apex, I think he'd do very well against the none mk players.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I wish we could actually hit ZSS when she has to recover to the stage / from the ledge to the stage. It's always so stupidly impossible and that's annoying the hell out of me lol.
I guess I should learn the lock on ZSS... but it's so boring. :/ I should just play differently and adapt to ZSS stuff.

P1, are the matches with the infinite tourneymatches?
Friendlies are so... dunno, carefree? At least that's how I always see them. I'd probably play really different in friendlies too since it doesn't matter if I make errors and stuff and so I can risk more (which could help)...

Player-1

Smash Legend
No they're not, but I already posted its they way the MU is played from both sides except I'd be camping a bit more probably

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why is camping supposedly good vs ZSS as Diddy? The way the characters are designed it makes much more sense to me to abuse her lacking defensive engine.

vato_break

Smash Master
**** you tibs lol, i recognize that im better than both you and jebus(and have mained the character a quarter of the time you have XD)

also i always try in every friendlies because i hate waiting to play again and i don't learn as much from sandbagging.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Why is camping supposedly good vs ZSS as Diddy? The way the characters are designed it makes much more sense to me to abuse her lacking defensive engine.

While what P1 said is very, very much true about it being hard for ZSS (read: also almost every other character vs Diddy) to approach, this is actually a good point about a lack of defense. I greatly prefer playing aggro Diddy styles when I get the chance, and this might be a fun MU to do that in.

also i always try in every friendlies because i hate waiting to play again and i don't learn as much from sandbagging.
Amen to this; I don't get to play as much as I'd like as it is, so when I get the chance I certainly don't sandbag

Orion*

Smash Researcher
magnus stop fullhop fairing jesus, the LAST thing you want is to be under ZSS yet somehow you keep like choosing to fly high

Orion*

Smash Researcher

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
You lost against iStudy LOL

My Diddy is gonna **** the **** out of your mk

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
better than getting 3 stocked low percent twice by me and then not getting out of pools
Nice strawman. I'm not the one calling people free when they beat people I get ***** by. If you need to bash random nobodies from random nowhere-land to feel better about yourself losing to like everybody who's good here then be my guest.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no orion is pretty cool

if they're european with an r in their name they're pretty cool

also what the **** stop trying to be me

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
nobody is perfect.... I am nobody
Orion is a good player cyve Is a good player and this man knows.. that has to be enough.
but srs top 5 europ is something like this

1.gluto/Mr.R
3.Orion/Leon
5.Cyve/Quik

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1.gluto/Mr.R
3.Orion/Leon
5.Cyve/Quik
Orion loses to Mr.R, evenish with Leon, loses to Staco, lost to iRusty, lost to Quik ... all he does is talk a lot and get 2nd like one time and suddenly he's better than cyve, Quik et all as well as on par with Leon?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
yes my bad

better than getting 3 stocked low percent twice by me and then not getting out of pools
this was so uncalled for

You lost against iStudy LOL

My Diddy is gonna **** the **** out of your mk
you're saying that as if istudy is bad, he took 2 games off of my marth at the last tourney and did better vs me than anyone else has for a very long time.
also orions set count vs istud is 325235235-2 , not sure what your point is

Europe is dumb...
:phone:
and free

Orion loses to Mr.R, evenish with Leon, loses to Staco, lost to iRusty, lost to Quik ... all he does is talk a lot and get 2nd like one time and suddenly he's better than cyve, Quik et all as well as on par with Leon?

''all he goes is getting 2nd'' Yeah cause getting second at internationals isn't that good!

Luigi player

Smash Master
*does not exist anymore just because of quik*

quiiiiiik wwhyyyy what have you done to me! ... maybe I have to practice again.... :(

Top Bottom