• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Zinoto

Smash Lord
my diddy is pretty technical...I use just about every AT Diddy has some way or another
Same.

Vega, I think you had it right when you said diddy is a technical character. He requires a lot of character knowledge to use effectively. The ppl who think diddy is just banana --> grab don't know how diddy works. Getting the set ups, playing elusive and safe, learning the traps, etc is what makes him such a tough character to play correctly.

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
not only that you also need to know how to set shiz up and stuff
and why should we care that others hate our character? lol
If they hate diddy so much use him or a better character *Cough* MK *cough*

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The only thing I hate about Diddy is how many second/third chance opportunities he can get from rogue bananas on the ground sometimes. It's like watching Tim Duncan's old *** get two or three offensive rebounds on the same possession lol. He's pretty fun to fight otherwise, and definitely tests your ability and wit with items.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Same.

Vega, I think you had it right when you said diddy is a technical character. He requires a lot of character knowledge to use effectively. The ppl who think diddy is just banana --> grab don't know how diddy works. Getting the set ups, playing elusive and safe, learning the traps, etc is what makes him such a tough character to play correctly.

:phone:
That's not technical that's having to be smart. Falcos a technical char. Diddys ats don't even seem too technical for the most part.

Vega4

Smash Ace
What is so hard about throwing a banana and punishing people's slip?
If that people slip everytime you throw a naner then they are free, and you don't even need naners or Diddy to **** them, you can just do it with random falcon punchs...

And DRDN, I agree that Falco is technical and hard to play, but also is Diddy, if you can't see it is just because you don't know all the variations of nana game that you can and must learn to use.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There's nothing really "technical" about Diddy Kong, aside from his single banana infinite and maybe his long distance u-smash. I would consider most of his gameplay to be based on good item control, stage control, and option coverage. Those are things that every character generally aims for but obviously Diddy's approach to it is a bit different...lol.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Diddy is not a technical char...

Vega you gave me no reason to consider him technical...you listed mind games...this is my point he's not technical he's good with mind games
Diddy is most definitely a technical character.

BDACUS
Single Banana Infinite (Like 6 different set ups, not including the footstool infinite)
Double Banana Lock
Popgun Reversals (including the wavebouncing)
The 10+ banana tricks on the ledge
Monkey Flip Kick cancel
Invinci-drop
Aerial and landing frame traps
Sliding banana (on slopes)
Barrel Canceling
Insta-throwing
The various forms of dribbling we have (what you all just see as glide tossing)

The list goes on.....

I don't understand how non :diddy: mains can argue against :diddy: mains that the character isn't technical. I haven't seen the majority of the few techniques I did list used by any of you.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Diddy is not a technical char...

Vega you gave me no reason to consider him technical...you listed mind games...this is my point he's not technical he's good with mind games
Zinoto listed for you some stuff, and if you want to have fun, enjoy:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236290
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239113

I read and practiced all that 2 years ago, every good Diddy main should knows and master all that stuff, and you say that Diddy is not technical...
Diddy is not just technical, is hard as hell to master at a high level.

DRDN

Smash Master
Diddy is most definitely a technical character.

BDACUS--[technical
Single Banana Infinite (Like 6 different set ups, not including the footstool infinite) technical
Double Banana Lock basically an easier version of above
Popgun Reversals (including the wavebouncing) call this b reversals
The 10+ banana tricks on the ledge too vague
Monkey Flip Kick cancel what's good about this exactly?
Invinci-drop easy tech that should be grouped with the throw its basically an insta throw that you just let go instead
Aerial and landing frame traps this is mind games not tech skill that's what's bothering me
Sliding banana (on slopes) everyone can do it and its knowledge not tech skill
Barrel Canceling not tech skill afaik its getting hit while having your back towards your opponent and barrels out
Insta-throwing read above and everyone can do it
The various forms of dribbling we have (what you all just see as glide tossing) tech skill

The list goes on.....

I don't understand how non :diddy: mains can argue against :diddy: mains that the character isn't technical. I haven't seen the majority of the few techniques I did list used by any of you.
Just wrote in blue but a lot of those ats need the others to perform them so basically if you get the big ones down you've learned them all

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
wow so much hate towards :diddy: i dont understand it he is a technical character i admit some of his AT's arent that useful but its good to atleast know them and if you say his AT's arent very hard go try it out and learn how to do it i will bet that most of the non diddy mains will freakin rage quit and break there game. seriously so much hate i thought olimar was the most hated

Player-1

Smash Legend
nope, king kong has quit but may be coming back.Flayl, zigsta, acid (if he still plays), uncle, etc.

I go into the bowser forums bro, I main bowser.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
THEN YOUR PRIOR KNOWLEDGE IS DUE TO CHEATING

Fine, then if you're a Bowser main, why is your location Final Destination? Bowser doesn't like Final Destination in particular.
And why the hell isn't it Rainbow Cruise anyway

DRDN

Smash Master
I give it 3 times of traveling and that will reverse itself

Ill just be the first person to tell _1 hes worse then Zinoto because ive been saying it since Zino came onto the scene

run into P1 at apex only thing i said to him was "hey Player 1 zinotos better :)"

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I give it 3 times of traveling and that will reverse itself

Ill just be the first person to tell _1 hes worse then Zinoto because ive been saying it since Zino came onto the scene

run into P1 at apex only thing i said to him was "hey Player 1 zinotos better :)"
While you're indirectly complementing Zinoto (which is a good thing), why the heck are you ragging on P1 so hard? All you're doing is flamebaiting, and I'm not sure if you're actually witty enough to be doing it on purpose (ie trolling). Regardless, it's derogatory comments against a specific user (which is against global rules), so stop it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
mom drdn is picking on me over the internet can you call the police

btw ingulit come to ga so we can $10 mm

WAHT TEHF CUAEDIT: HUNTER CHANGE YOUR AVATAR YOU *******

DRDN

Smash Master
While you're indirectly complementing Zinoto (which is a good thing), why the heck are you ragging on P1 so hard? All you're doing is flamebaiting, and I'm not sure if you're actually witty enough to be doing it on purpose (ie trolling). Regardless, it's derogatory comments against a specific user (which is against global rules), so stop it.
can you please tell me what childhood toy my picture looks like? minus the beard and glasses

also Zinoto> Player~1

Top Bottom