• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
i'm talking about mc pe vs esam

won a tournament today, lost to an up and coming pit player gadiel vastar, sded game 2 and got timed out game 3, but came back and beat him and 4god in 2 sets in GFs apparently over an hour long. Gets home at 7am in the morning
Bro you did so good winning today, I couldn't believe you had the mental energy to beat 4God twice in a GF set. You were so focused. I kinda gave in the 2nd time we played because I was so drained from playing you the first time, and I did not have the confidence going in either. I did not want to play you again, lol. Next time though :p I think the set count between us now is 1-5 in your favor.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea playing against 4God and Vastar are definitely marathons. and both in the same tourney? gg hunter :laugh:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Oh ok lol. Yeah :peach: doesn't deserve to be moved up. Idc what bs excuses and pages of nonsense he comes up with.

Also, I love your sig Hunter lmao.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, erm I was wondering what ideas you guys have to improving a poor and sloppy smash community? I want to help bring up the smash scene where I'm from ( the caribbean/st. Maarten ( sxm ) ), but I have no idea of how I can go abouut doing that. I've started hosting sunday smash sessions.. But that's all I got.

#2 any of you guys heard about the video x games? If yes, any of you guys coming down for the summer to participate?

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hey guys, erm I was wondering what ideas you guys have to improving a poor and sloppy smash community? I want to help bring up the smash scene where I'm from ( the caribbean/st. Maarten ( sxm ) ), but I have no idea of how I can go abouut doing that. I've started hosting sunday smash sessions.. But that's all I got.

#2 any of you guys heard about the video x games? If yes, any of you guys coming down for the summer to participate?

1. Weekly sessions are good. Cheap monthly tourneys are also good. I stick with $5 door fee/$5 entry per event on a monthly basis

2. heard of it but not attending. not enough funds

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Make sure to give any advice you can to the other players, tho dont do so when they may be a bit salty , and dont overload them with stuff also.
You can also try running danisens. Basically you have everyone do friendlies but have a ranking system to it. Everyone starts off at 0, and if you win you get a point, if you lose you drop a point, unless your at 0. Keep having them play until you start seeing a good enough gap, then you can use that to group the players of simillar skill levels together , so people dont feel discouraged when playing people much better than them and just getting destroyed the entire time. If you already have a good idea of skill groups then just start them off like that and have like 10 or 15 point differences between them as a starting point. Of course when doing this make sure all the people in a group are switching between whos playing who a lot to get the best results, also makes it more fun when your switching it up who your playin against at least semi often. You can google about them to find out more specifics probably.
Ask each person if they know some high/top level players of their char, watching vids of those players could inspire them to work harder or try out new things they didnt think of before watching that player.
If people seem real lost on what to do in a matchup or just with their char see if theyd like to talk over some strategies or test stuff out in training mode to see if you guys can find something to help out in the matchup, such as how to beat a specific move or ways around different setups. Or practice SDIing things like falcos Dthrow>Dair so your not spiked offstage, out of certain multihit moves like Pikas Dsmash or marths side B rapid stab ender, Robs Dsmash etc.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Erm.. I don't have a capture card to get the replays uploaded. Is their anyone here I can send the replays to, so I can get them uploaded? Ty in advance. :)

Vega4

Smash Ace
Erm.. I don't have a capture card to get the replays uploaded. Is their anyone here I can send the replays to, so I can get them uploaded? Ty in advance. :)

If nobody can help you can replay the fights in your wii and capture em with your PC webcam or smartphone camera. The quality is not the best, but is pretty decent.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hey diddys,

I'm a snake main from australia. I will be attending apex. Two things:

1. I am looking for a doubles partner. I've only ever teamed with a diddy before. We've lost one tourney in the last two years. I'm pretty experienced working with/around diddy's rubbish. i'll be staying in ny for 4 days before apex; would love to practice.

2. I'm looking for MMs at apex.

Cheers.

Attila

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
NEC this weekend. I dont know who else is going, but I'll try to represent my :diddy: bros as best as I can

(except in dittos cause they're dumb)

Vega4

Smash Ace
NEC this weekend. I dont know who else is going, but I'll try to represent my :diddy: bros as best as I can

(except in dittos cause they're dumb)
Good luck there!
That tournament is going to be streamed? Which other known players are there?

So looking for Diddys to team with. I always have though that Diddy is great in teams if his teammate uses an aerial character (Wario, MK), or at least the opponent team doesn't use two aerial characters (no space at all and it's hard to do our game).

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Hey Attila, I might be interested in teaming. I team with Hall from San Diego a lot and we do pretty well. We've won a tournament before as Diddy/Snake. Where a bunch of good Mexican players were in attendance. Either way I'm down to mm you.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hey Attila, I might be interested in teaming. I team with Hall from San Diego a lot and we do pretty well. We've won a tournament before as Diddy/Snake. Where a bunch of good Mexican players were in attendance. Either way I'm down to mm you.
I'll take you up on both of those offers!

Any other diddy's want mms? Tibs told me to call out P1 :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i got 7th. lost to raptor and kingtoon.

I need to re-learn the toon link matchup

Vega4

Smash Ace
Zinoto, great stuff getting 2nd.

I'll give you an advise not vs MK, an advise in the Falco match-up.
It was like 14.746.293 times in which Shugo was going to use his Forward B to recover really low to the stage (is safer for him if he do it really low, cause he has almost no lag when he touches the ground) and you had a naner in your hands and you just didn't throw the naner at him... In that situation, you should throw the naner at Falco and run and grab the ledge to get an easy gimp.
If you do this just one time, next time the Falco main is not going to use his Forward B to recover so low, he is going to use it at a high altitude to avoid getting gimped, then, you can punish him because he will have more lag when he lands. You can even bait his earlier Forward B and just not throwing the naner at him and doing a glide toss after he lands to punish his landing.

But first at all, you have to gimp him with the naner-and grabbing the ledge stuff. Falco mains get scared as sh** when they know that you can gimp them with naners, so they will start using their Forward B at a "not safe" altitude. I hope this help you at least a little.

tibs7

Smash Champion
P1 will actually get destroyed....I really can't wait for people to see a snake that knows the MU.
It's sad to watch

Top Bottom