• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Kon, if you thought that I was scum alongside praline, why did you PM Pokechu?
Would you really talk to me after how much i scum hunted you to death? I wouldn't be surprised if you were the one to convince pokechu to shut me down and tell him to share the traitor talk.

It doesn't matter, mafia won't side with me and i can't accomplish my victory now.

You walk away completely spotless to this ignorant town and have victory in your claim as long as they remain this clueless of a stupid town. Congratulations nabe.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You claimed that Golden’s ability was called “Blaster,” right?

Aren’t abilities not supposed to have names? More importantly, Jedi don’t use blasters...right?

Also, you claim that Jedi are unable to defend themselves after Golden roleblocks them, which is of course pretty questionable lol. And he only has 3 charges as opposed to Maven’s limitless use. Sounds a little sketch to me.
My redirect is known as Mind Trick, for instance. Blasters are considered "clumsy and random" to Jedi of the Order, though, so they're not really known to use them unless you think of characters not necessarily part of the order like Kyle Katarn and Erza Brigder

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
If I'm a hard scum read, then I should absolutely be listening to what you have to say as a claimed traitor, should I not?

But you went to Pokechu, whose name didn't even come up in Day 2 (you named me, praline and Opo).
No you wouldn't because you would only see me as an enemy.

Pokechu scum slipped day two and then i interrogated him at night, and when i can see his defense aligned mafia i opened up to him.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
No you wouldn't because you would only see me as an enemy.

Pokechu scum slipped day two and then i interrogated him at night, and when i can see his defense aligned mafia i opened up to him.
You seem confident that Pokechu had a scum slip, do you still believe he is mafia after telling me, nabe and others you are a traitor?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Need prefer 3-4 more votes on Golden. Don’t want to get blindsided by someone’s vote not counting or something.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Where and how?

What did he say?
His certainty of there being 4 mafia. Instead of asking or questioning what the number was he strictly said only 4 and asked for the other two suspicions. This leads to pokechu knowing for a fact there was 4 mafia, a feat only the mafia should know.

Well for starters he kept begging me to talk to you and denied everything terribly in an obvious way.

You seem confident that Pokechu had a scum slip, do you still believe he is mafia after telling me, nabe and others you are a traitor?
Yep.

Wouldn't be surprised if he kills me using his claim.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
IMO, I’d rather confirm a roleblocker. Will be very important going into later phases if he’s genuinely Town.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
His certainty of there being 4 mafia. Instead of asking or questioning what the number was he strictly said only 4 and asked for the other two suspicions. This leads to pokechu knowing for a fact there was 4 mafia, a feat only the mafia should know.
This was enough for you to PM Pokechu, instead of me, who you were 100% convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt was scum?

Well for starters he kept begging me to talk to you and denied everything terribly in an obvious way.
He said, "I beg of you, talk to Nabe"? What sort of obvious denials did he provide?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Vote: Golden

Still have doubts about Z25 and Thirdkoopa as well, but the people saying we should check the other roleblock claim have a fair point too.

#HBC | Nabe

IMO, I’d rather confirm a roleblocker. Will be very important going into later phases if he’s genuinely Town.
Unless he gets shot because he's confirmed? If Golden isn't confirmed, he has time to work out the kinks on his own and avoid getting lynched or shot. We've flipped two protectives already, so even if a third exists, we're not getting the sort of coverage that leaves scum unwilling to shoot into priority targets.

Granted, maybe Moydow has some amazing ability that would be best left uncleared. This is not me suggesting a claim, though.

D

Deleted member

Bard makes a good argument, if we get to LyLo still having doubts on Golden things could get ugly.

#HBC | Nabe

Does nobody else think this is significant or worth looking into? While I don't believe that Vaan would include any element of bastardry in the game, I also don't think that something worded in this particular way is to be ignored. Though I'm not familiar enough with the flavour to make any guess at what it means. The best I can come up with is that if it was a town reviver, I'd expect it to be announced more openly, and not with any element of mystery. So if it is significant, it probably isn't anything good for us.
In the canon, Yoda doesn't know about Force ghosts. Qui-Gon gets in touch with Yoda some time after dying and informs Yoda about it. So the way it's worded is not particularly strange.

More to the point, the idea of robes staying and the body leaving in this universe generally means they became a Force ghost, which has no association whatsoever with bad guys. Sith can't become Force ghosts, so I don't think they would be able to induce someone else to become a Force ghost.

D

Deleted member

I've done all I needed to do. By the end of this phase, someone else among you will die with me.

Game should be over, then.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
In the canon, Yoda doesn't know about Force ghosts. Qui-Gon gets in touch with Yoda some time after dying and informs Yoda about it. So the way it's worded is not particularly strange.

More to the point, the idea of robes staying and the body leaving in this universe generally means they became a Force ghost, which has no association whatsoever with bad guys. Sith can't become Force ghosts, so I don't think they would be able to induce someone else to become a Force ghost.
I just think it was more flavoring to go with Jojalole's sacrifice as it wasn't a typical death

Top Bottom