• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

D

Deleted member

I don't even think Chu was online to send in a command. This is the first time I'm really not reading him as scum in a long while lol, I don't want to turn out to be wrong :^(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm talking about Golden's detonator. Kon said that he confirmed "both abilities" of Golden's -- how? Detonator is claimed by Golden as a Day ability and one-shot.
my interpretation based on kons action is that he maybe has a role cop ability and can confirm the full kit of somebody. After all he wanted to find the mafia and you can’t go around say:

“Hi I want to betray people, mafia hit me up!” And the mafia sure aren’t going to say who they are. So kon said he had to partially rely on reads.

My guess if he is role cop is that he has an advanced version where he sees the whole kit.

Sort of like how in animafia I was an ev third party who could posses people and gain use of their full kit.

So it’s like kon could do the same so he could find the mafia but he hasn’t really cleared much up, so we are left with speculation

BarDulL

Town Vampire
>hangs out with friends after work
>finally gets home
>”hmm wonder how the thread is going”
>sees day kill
>mfw day kills

Good luck bros

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
sorry for being MIA this whole phase!!! :^(

I've been SWAMPED by everything and I really didn't want to make my duel toDay a quick hi-bye-driveby since I knew that it'd be best to hang around and actually contribute but I really didn't think I'd STILL be busy :(

So YEEET! I claimed Gladiator, I can start a day duel with someone

But I also told Fire that it takes over the lynch. I told this to Fire and Maven, who's dead now though RIP
Yeah rereading it seems more likely its pokechu, the thermal detonator is just throwing me off as it's such a bounty hunter thing, y'know. which also makes LoneKonWolf right with the scumslip.
So there's no way it's me. My duel is announced and public, I believe.

It really looks like this phase has kind of settled itself toDay as it's past the halfway mark, but if you guys would like or want me to I can still use my duel toDay.

I'm SO sorry!! I really didn't think it'd take this long for me to be able to hop in the thread :'^(

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The shot rings out.

It takes all by surprise, and before they even know what's happened, @ShinyLegendary / BarDulL BarDulL falls limp to the floor.

AHSOKA TANO

An up and coming young Padawan, Ahsoka is a quick learner and a trusting person. She always tries to see the good in people.

Your Allegiance is to the JEDI
Alignment Checks come up as LIGHT
Your Lightsaber is GREEN

"You have much to learn, my young padawan."
NIGHT ACTION - LIGHT
You are only a Padawan, and as such it is a good idea to stick with a seasoned Jedi Master for
protection. Each night, you may stick with another Jedi. All actions used against you will be
used against the Master you're staying with instead. If either of you are attacked during the
night, you can join forces to fight off the attacker together. Be careful not to put your trust
in a Sith.

"Always in motion, the future is."
DAY ACTION - LIGHT
Once per game, during the day phase, if a player currently has the majority lynch votes against
them, you can see their future and check their allegiance. You may be able to change their fate,
or cement it.

POWERED UP: Once per game, for 5 Force Points, you can use this skill on a player with a
plurality of votes cast against them. You may use both versions of this skill once per game each.

You have 6 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: All threats to the Jedi Order have been eliminated.

The day continues, and will end in 24 hours on 10/4 at 6pm PST.

Pokechu Pokechu #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier @GoldenYuiitusin Z25 Z25 Moydow Moydow AlphaSSB AlphaSSB Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa @Shishœ
Oh ****.

This means either one of us is Jango, or has the ability to hire him for a hit. I don't think anyone's abilities would cause their character to be revealed, so I'm starting to think the latter. If that's the case, than one of us may be Count Dooku.

Although four of use have openly claimed to be a specific Jedi, I personally don't think those claims help all that much. Praline was Ventress under the alias of Luminara Unduli, whose an actual Jedi. Could've easily just claimed to be Luminara, since I don't think there's any duplicate identities.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Looking at praline's flip again, it sounds like the mafia have been given safe claims (praline was Ventress, disguised as Luminara Unduli)? So just because someone is claiming a given character and that claim is going unchallenged, it doesn't necessarily mean they actually are who they say they are.

For what it's worth, I don't have any abilities that allow me to attack anyone. So the only effect disabling my lightsaber will have is leaving me defenceless in the night.

D

Deleted member

Exactly, as far as I know. The duel is announced in the thread, it replaces the current lynch, and the target and I would wager in our role PMs.
That's not how a Gladiator works. It seems it works alongside the unique game mechanics.
Now a second question: do you think you have enough force points to defeat Lonnie?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's not how a Gladiator works. It seems it works alongside the unique game mechanics.
Now a second question: do you think you have enough force points to defeat Lonnie?
Oh yeahhh a gladiator uses votes

It's the same aside from that, I thought you were asking just the general principle of it

I think I have enough points to beat Kon but I wouldn't be surprised if he upshot me LOL if he's been tracking and still had enough points to try to kill Alpha last night (I think Alpha said he was targeted but Maven targeted him. Does Kon use points to kill?). It'd be hilarious if I dueled Kon only to get myself killed though :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Oh yeahhh a gladiator uses votes

It's the same aside from that, I thought you were asking just the general principle of it

I think I have enough points to beat Kon but I wouldn't be surprised if he upshot me LOL if he's been tracking and still had enough points to try to kill Alpha last night (I think Alpha said he was targeted but Maven targeted him. Does Kon use points to kill?). It'd be hilarious if I dueled Kon only to get myself killed though :laugh:
Yeah, I understand it's a risk, but I wanted to prove your ability.
Do you have some Night abilities then? I'd like to try to confirm them during the Night.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah, I understand it's a risk, but I wanted to prove your ability.
Do you have some Night abilities then? I'd like to try to confirm them during the Night.
I have two, though one would be really hard to prove. The other I've been saving until I know it's the RIGHT time to use it since it's one shot. 'll be more than glad to full reveal to you during the Night since I think this game could wrap up soon.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
my interpretation based on kons action is that he maybe has a role cop ability and can confirm the full kit of somebody. After all he wanted to find the mafia and you can’t go around say:

“Hi I want to betray people, mafia hit me up!” And the mafia sure aren’t going to say who they are. So kon said he had to partially rely on reads.

My guess if he is role cop is that he has an advanced version where he sees the whole kit.

Sort of like how in animafia I was an ev third party who could posses people and gain use of their full kit.

So it’s like kon could do the same so he could find the mafia but he hasn’t really cleared much up, so we are left with speculation
Alright, I can feel that to an extent. That explanation didn't come from Kon or Golden, though, and I really wanted one of their naked reactions to my question.

If Kon is claiming to have all the answers to the game for town, but he flips traitor with a role cop aspect, then something smells really funky. I don't want to get knee-deep into setup speculation, but Kon is claiming to have played his traitor role in basically as anti-mafia a way as possible, and that's just not likely.

And it feels really bad to rely on a cop clear for an inactive player, when the cop got shot right after the clear by the type of gun that said player claimed to have (backed up by a claimed traitor), and when that player also said that someone would die at their hands toDay.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This is thrilling. Best end to a phase I've ever seen. Kon's neck must be pretty crooked by now. I guess everyone decided to just watch him die and wait for the explosion to go off, instead of being productive?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
This is thrilling. Best end to a phase I've ever seen. Kon's neck must be pretty crooked by now. I guess everyone decided to just watch him die and wait for the explosion to go off, instead of being productive?
Honestly, I’m just burned out from finishing up a game jam last night. I should *really* post at least a short list of what I’m thinking, especially since we’re down to 9 of us once Kon falls.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
actually more like hes in the hospital

spider vemon this time

nothing really new

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
8 once the bomb goes off, which appears to be actually coming, judging by the latest flavour post.

Of the current 9, probably 2 or 3 are mafia, unless Vaan went with the "rule of two" and had only two Sith at the start, with the traitor being meant to make up the numbers.

What I am thinking is something like this:

1. Pokechu - been too inactive for me to form any concrete thoughts
2. Nabe - I think Bard was trying to say Nabe's attempt to get copped made him more likely town? If not for that I would be more suspicious
6. FireEmblemNier - at least seems to have had their role confirmed, though I get mostly town vibes from them
9. GoldenYuitusin - I'm starting to question if the cop result on them is real, honestly, but I guess we'll see what happens with this bomb first
10. Z25 - seems like one of the likelier mafia bets of the remaining set, to me
13. Moydow - town, obviously
14. AlphaSSB - appears to be confirmed town by Maven's death
15. Thirdkoopa - still unsure, but process of elimination suggests something might be up here
16. Shishoe - seems fine to me

Not enough time to go into a lot of detail before the phase ends (really should have done this earlier), but I guess if anyone wants to hear more from me, they can ask in the night. I'm willing to speak about my role too, if anyone cares about that.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Oof. Sorry if I hit a nerve there. Hope it's nothing too dangerous.
lol **** no

no nerve at all, this is a weekly thing in our lives XD

konnie pretty much immortal thanks to how much the universe tries to kill him in real life

mafia ispretty much the only place he can die

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm at work, so hopefully Golden's detonation is good for town.
Wishing Kon the best, hope he recovers swiftly.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Alrighty, I know I've been burned out and I'm recovering a bit, but here I go

2. Nabe
9. GoldenYuitusin

These two are mostly cleared, but, Shiny's flip has left some concerning things. Unless there's a role we overlooked, or there's some other way Shiny was able to use his action three times overall, one of these might have been a bluff? I don't know. Whole situation's WIFOM but we shouldn't lynch one of them tomorrow unless we have damning good evidence.

6. FireEmblemNier
I think he's town. Unless he's a busdriver or Scum have two redirectors, he reads Town to me. I'm just wondering if any of his redirect actions have been proven to work, which is something I could ask at night. So, either town, or an amazing buser (third-party's possible too but that's wine)

Neutral Reads:
13. Moydow
16. Shishoe
I was having a bad feeling about Shish before, but knowing what we know now, the whole Day 1 reads closer to Town vs Town for me; They're not totally clear in my eyes. Moydoy... He hasn't posted that much, but his actions lean closer to a null read right now for me, and I think I wasn't willing to re-evaluate some of my scummier reads until I read the post ISO's.

Scummier Reads:
(note, we're down to PoE, but not as much as we thought)
1. Pokechu - I still don't have good feelings on him. That Gladiator power leaves me in question, too.
10. Z25 - I've kinda had bad vibes since the whole "No Result" WIFOM. Granted, I haven't gone back to Opo's Role to evaluate on it (links to the end of each phase on the front page are nice! :D) but it's possible
14. AlphaSSB - he comes in, votes, and that's about it. This doesn't bode well with me. Shiny PR's are nice, everyone, but the biggest tool we Townies have against Scum are a pen and a paper.

It's also concerning that there's still a lot of fencesitting going on even at this point in the game. Though, we may just have less scum on our hands than we thought; I've never played a game with you all so I'm not used to the flow.

No matter who flips tomorrow, we're at a stage of the game where everyone should be questioned at least, even if we have another auto-lead.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
unless there's some other way Shiny was able to use his action three times overall, one of these might have been a bluff?
Didn't Shiny and Bard outright admit that their "result" on Nabe was a lie? And then Bard used that and Nabe's eagerness to get checked as reasoning for why he thought it cleared Nabe, or something. I'll need to re-check exactly what Bard said to confirm that, though that was how I understood it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Didn't Shiny and Bard outright admit that their "result" on Nabe was a lie? And then Bard used that and Nabe's eagerness to get checked as reasoning for why he thought it cleared Nabe, or something. I'll need to re-check exactly what Bard said to confirm that, though that was how I understood it.
That'd... probably be a good idea. Also confused, what was the whole thing with AlphaSSB and Maven?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"Reached a decision, the council has."

It is the council's decision that LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf has committed sedition against the Republic, and thus, he will be expelled from the Jedi Order.

"You shall forfeit all rank and privelages within the Grand Army of the Republic. You will be turned over to the Republic courts to await your trial, and whatever punishment they will set for you. Henceforth, you are barred from the Jedi Order."

PONG KRELL

Jedi Tactician Pong Krell is a fierce warrior on the battlefield, but has fallen disillusioned with the Jedi Order.

You are not a Sith, but you aspire to be. You wish to attract their attention by being personally responsible for the death of
THREE of your Jedi brethren. Be careful not to slay a Sith, or your game will be over before it begins.

Your Allegiance is to the SITH
Alignment Checks come up as DARK
Your Lightsaber is GREEN and DOUBLE-SIDED

"A new power is rising. I've forseen it."
NIGHT ACTION - DARK
Once per night, you can challenge another player to a duel.

"I counted on blind loyalty like yours to make my plan succeed!"
PASSIVE ACTION
Every time another player performs a skill action at your direct request, you gain 5 additional
Force Points for use in wagering in your duels.

"You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side."
NIGHT ACTION - DARK
Once per night, you may block one player from performing their night action.

POWERED UP: For 4 Force Points, you may track your chosen player and see what action they
attempted to use.

You have 20 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: Prove to the Sith you are worthy of joining their side, and help them accomplish their goals.

The Jedi part and leave their separate ways for the night, and Yoda decides to visit the infirmary once again. As he had guessed, the bodies of Master Mundi, Master Skywalker and Padawan Tano are nowhere to be found, with only their robes left behind. But Master Yoda does not have time to ponder the meaning of this development, as from down the hall, an explosion rings out.

Master Yoda and the other Jedi run to the source of the explosion, lightsabers drawn and ready, but they discover only the body of another fallen Jedi, Pokechu Pokechu .

EETH KOTH

Once a loyal Jedi Knight, Eeth Koth has grown disillusioned with the Jedi Order and now has a
secret alias: DARTH MAUL, the Sith Rogue

Your Allegiance is to the SITH
Alignment Checks come up as DARK
Your Lightsaber is RED and DOUBLE SIDED

"Twice the Pride, Double the Fall"
PASSIVE ACTION
You are the most skilled Sith deulist in the galaxy, capable of handling multiple Jedi
in a battle at once. You are the only Sith capable of killing two Jedi in a battle, should
you target a Jedi who is protecting or being protected by another Jedi.

"At Last We Will Reveal Ourselves to the Jedi."
DAY ACTION
Once per game, you can challenge another player to a duel during the day. This replaces
the day's lynch. You will each submit wagers anonymously, and unlike other duels, this one
will kill you if you lose.

However, if you lose, your flop will always reveal you as a Sith, but this will boost your entire
team's skills for the remainder of the game. All mafia skills will require half their listed
amount of Force Points to use, rounded down.

"At Last We Will Have Revenge."
PASSIVE ACTION
Every time a player votes for you to be lynched, you gain 3 Force Points specifically for
use in wagering in duels against that player. These remain even if the player unvotes you
(but you do not gain more if they re-vote you).

You have 25 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: More Sith Exist in the Galaxy than Jedi

NIGHT THREE BEGINS NOW.

Night phase will last 24 hours and end on 10/5 at 6pm PST.

Reminder: I must be added to all night conversations, and no talk is to occur in this thread.

Night phase will be followed by a 1 HOUR Dawn Phase, wherein no more communication of any kind can occur while any duels are resolved.

If you will not be active between 6pm and 7pm PST, you may queue up a duel wager during the night that will be used only in the event that you are challenged to a duel. Failure to submit a duel wager when challenged will result in a bet of ZERO.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alrighty, I know I've been burned out and I'm recovering a bit, but here I go

2. Nabe
9. GoldenYuitusin

These two are mostly cleared, but, Shiny's flip has left some concerning things. Unless there's a role we overlooked, or there's some other way Shiny was able to use his action three times overall, one of these might have been a bluff? I don't know. Whole situation's WIFOM but we shouldn't lynch one of them tomorrow unless we have damning good evidence.

6. FireEmblemNier
I think he's town. Unless he's a busdriver or Scum have two redirectors, he reads Town to me. I'm just wondering if any of his redirect actions have been proven to work, which is something I could ask at night. So, either town, or an amazing buser (third-party's possible too but that's wine)

Neutral Reads:
13. Moydow
16. Shishoe
I was having a bad feeling about Shish before, but knowing what we know now, the whole Day 1 reads closer to Town vs Town for me; They're not totally clear in my eyes. Moydoy... He hasn't posted that much, but his actions lean closer to a null read right now for me, and I think I wasn't willing to re-evaluate some of my scummier reads until I read the post ISO's.

Scummier Reads:
(note, we're down to PoE, but not as much as we thought)
1. Pokechu - I still don't have good feelings on him. That Gladiator power leaves me in question, too.
10. Z25 - I've kinda had bad vibes since the whole "No Result" WIFOM. Granted, I haven't gone back to Opo's Role to evaluate on it (links to the end of each phase on the front page are nice! :D) but it's possible
14. AlphaSSB - he comes in, votes, and that's about it. This doesn't bode well with me. Shiny PR's are nice, everyone, but the biggest tool we Townies have against Scum are a pen and a paper.

It's also concerning that there's still a lot of fencesitting going on even at this point in the game. Though, we may just have less scum on our hands than we thought; I've never played a game with you all so I'm not used to the flow.

No matter who flips tomorrow, we're at a stage of the game where everyone should be questioned at least, even if we have another auto-lead.
Ok so I’m not the only that can’t see how shiny and bar used that 3 times. So we should be weary of those two then

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
NIGHT 3 HAS ENDED.

DAWN PHASE BEGINS NOW AND ENDS IN ONE HOUR.

No communication can occur via Night PM or in this thread until the Dawn Phase has finished.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The Jedi are on high alert after
the
events of the preceding day.
No one is sure who to trust. . . .

Master Yoda walks through the halls of the Jedi Temple with great consternation. "Found many threats to the Order, we have. But not all, I fear." By the time he reaches the Council chambers, he discovers the remaining members of the order are already there, huddled around the body of @GoldenYuiitusin.

PLO KOON

A seasoned Jedi who follows the strict rules of the Order to the letter, except when it gets in his way. Plo Koon is a
skilled marksman, a rarity for an Order of Knights that doesn't carry guns.

Your Allegiance is to the JEDI
Alignment Checks come up as GREY
Your Lightsaber is YELLOW

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."
NIGHT ACTION - GREY
You secretly carry a blaster pistol. Both Jedi and Sith can easily deflect its shots if they see
it coming, but you may be able to get off a successful surprise attack during the night when they
least suspect it.

Once per night, and three times per game, you can fire your blaster at another player. This will
incapacitate the player and prevent them from acting during that night. This will also leave them
vulnerable to attack, as they will be unable to defend themselves in a duel.

"He's carrying a Thermal Detonator!"
DAY or NIGHT ACTION - DARK
You carry a Thermal Detonator. You can set it to explode during the specific day or night phase of
your choice, at least one phase and up to three phases away from the moment you set it.

Once armed, you can secretly pass it along to another user. There is a 50% chance they will
immediately notice you've passed the detonator on to them and know you were responsible, and
they will be able to immediately pass on the detonator during the same phase to another player.
If they do not notice right away, each phase the detonator remains on that person without
exploding, they will have a 50% of noticing the detonator but will not know who gave it to them.

Once detonated, the player holding it will be killed. If it explodes during the night phase, it
will also incapacitate any users targeting the player that night.

POWERED UP: For 2 Force Points, the odds of your target sensing you've placed the detonator on
them decreases by 20%. You may stack this effect as many times as you wish.

You have 6 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: All threats to the Jedi Order have been eliminated.

Master Yoda eyes each remaining member of the Order one at a time. But he cannot be sure who among them have betrayed him.

THE PHANTOM MAFIA
EPISODE IV: EX-PLO-SIVE

There are less than half of the players remaining, and so the pace will be increased.

Day 4 begins now and ends in 24 HOURS on 10/6 at 6pm PST.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Z25 Z25 Moydow Moydow AlphaSSB AlphaSSB Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa @Shishœ

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't even think Chu was online to send in a command. This is the first time I'm really not reading him as scum in a long while lol, I don't want to turn out to be wrong :^(
Suggestion for next game: Once you have a read on Pokechu, he's probably the opposite of what you think he is. :p

Top Bottom