• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Pichu is serious business" discussion thread.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I sometimes use it to stop fox/falco's sideB, but you can use nair to do that too...
sometimes I just use it because I want it to be a good move.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I'm aware... I usually nair.
fair just looks cool sometimes :p
Its such a shame that we can't use it more.

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Hey guess how bad I am, ahhhhhh so bad that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q&nomobile=1

No sir pichu=pika as far as fair stun just pichu has a much faster L-cancel and dair is a funny anti cc move that can set up smashes(thunder combo)

Wish You could get how I go ahhhhh.

Also at unknown i'm still amazed anyone took out match serious we were both sandbagging xD

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pichu's fair is still bad.
And yes, dair is funny on people who think pichu can just be CCed (there are a lot of those people out there)

Brookman

Smash Hero
congrats for hitting page two everybody, good job.

Does anyone have frame data for optimized Fair stun??

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Seeing how it has set knockback and its base off of weight and stuff it would be most useful vs dittos. However even with training modes added one frame extra stun still can't really stun with it like dair shines.

I'll be able to give You solid frame data like in half a week. But really fair is a gimick like fair-> smash at high percents hoping they quit ccing. Or to fair to beat out moves like knee, falcon's nair, and other non disjointed moves.

No dair's 2nd hit will like jab reset them.

:phone:

Like so far I can't feel my arms my smash is like rwallly good. Just know i'm going to be the best I have to bw I can't acept a life without not just smash I have a simple face that is hiding a lot of aggggggg under my eyes

unknown522

Some guy
It's all about getting the 2 hits with d-air -> grab.

Also the second hit sometimes shield pokes cuz of how low it hits. Then you can mix up and either go for a grab, or run behind them if you think that they will try to grab immediately.

And other things, but I don't think it'll work well for other people

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Dair can be used on sheilds and yeah any move is safe on a sheild as long as it pokes. I'm thinking one would only wanta dair like a ffer (for the grab) with a bad sheild. Plus they should be pushed back far enough from it to avoid shines. Seems like gimick in many respects due to it barely comboing into a jab. Spotting dodging is a bit safer/faster than runnig back.

I pretend that whenever i approach/attack that they are sheilding and ccing at all times. And I pretned that frame perfect counters will be there next. Why I try to stick to a rushdown with nairs and spaced d-tilts and just keep trying to bait them into attacking to soon/late.

Name should've been huuuuuunnnnngggg oovvvveeeerrrr xD

Sh upair and be wavelanded so what if I did a nair cross up, sh upair and use that first hit of the dair to sheild poke or whatever?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I don't like Dair on shield. I'm worried it will get punished too easily.
and not all moves are safe (namely fair).

also, why does bair seem to be easier to ledge cancel than nair?

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Because it's just You, when I first started trying ledge cancels I would swear up and down ness's were the easiest. Really the only real factors are air speed(adjusting easier) and slidiness.

I said all moves are safe on sheild IF they poke dair's 2nd hit could be good for it after a nair cross up to sh upair dair(2nd hit). I'll try it out soon enough and give details back. All I know is the 2nd hit can close out before the 1st so hopefully it might hit in those first 1-3 frames.

Fair is a gimick combo but is kindof cool.

Sh upair dair is pretty neat but pity it doesn't autocancel the frist few frames it would be amazing.

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Who cares about who's better when no has anything worth showing? Can else get anywhere in a decent tournment?

Really most people have a self trolling Pichu. Like only half serious with pichu and wasting their own time.

Could try hard.

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
But seriously how many pichu did ________?

Idk a lot more be done tough love.

Also I thought he used falco most of it and really who he beat has higher value like say he beat someone like s2j with pichu but only got like 10th place that's way bigger.

Bing

Smash Master
KDJ has one of the higher ko amounts in the bowser challenge...

Nicknyte is pretty legit lol

But yes Most... but most is a pretty ****ty term to use considering there are only like 10 Pichu's total...

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Not really there are few mains but You'd be surprised by the raw number of people with a pocket pichu. Just like no one really brings stuff to the table.

Also both of the players were pocket pichu players.

Really don't even care to add to the non productive talk so if You want do aim/sykpe pm

Brookman

Smash Hero
It's hard not to yield to his inability to . . . win. Yet I tenaciously persevere in the face of obscurity.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yo what is going on here.
so much not friendliness.
Pichu is hard to use, so most people don't use him seriously.
its the same for most low tiers.
as of late, I've found myself going fox more in serious matches than Pichu.
i love the little rat to death, but he's not easy to win with.

unknown522

Some guy
Woah woah woah. Pichu is one of the easiest characters to use. He's just bad

Brookman

Smash Hero
pichu is absolutely one of the more technically demanding characters. he is in no way easy and may or may not be "bad"

I'm still terrible with his recovery and am regularly SD'ing in matches to attempt to remedy this ;d

Bing

Smash Master
Bolded so it stands out.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
oh I guess I did say that then.
what I meant was that he was hard to win with, sorry if that was unclear.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I think its hard to quantify difficulty of use because most characters play differently. But I think he meant hard to use WELL

love pichu, so fun to use

Brookman

Smash Hero
Pichu requires a stupid amount of precision. And even with perfect precision he is still completely out-classed in terms of scale (size) and this results in stupid **** happening.

Top Bottom