• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC !! Sakurai let us #DownloadTheDawn !!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
YES!!!

I'm wonder if someone left to be put in the Supporters List XDU...

____

I have a little question to the people that played Radiant Dawn... Have you ever used Fiona or another unit that is usually called bad? Don't really care the Mode (Easy/Normal, Normal/Hard or Hard/Maniac).
I'm still not there...

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
Know what? The hell with it. Add me to that supporter list too. I was a huge advocater for Micaiah in the early Brawl days. Now not nearly as much, obviously, but I still love her and feel she gets too much hate. At this point, I'd even settle for a Mii costume. I'm still a bit salty that Sothe got a trophy over her. TWICE. >.>

Also, no disrespect to any Lyn supporters, but I honestly feel Micaiah would add so much more to the Smash table than her. Light Magic, staves, what not. Then again I started my FE career with Path of Radiance so I'm biased. :V Hector would be pretty sweet though, and Chrom's mistreatment was really uncalled for, even if I do love the KI crew.

But alas, with Lucina coming in as a package deal and with Roy coming home (which I was rather against at first), I knew it was a done deal. Still didn't stop me from voting for her first in the ballot. Maybe in Smash 5! Maybe...Especially if Lucina doesn't return.

And on the subject of bad RD units, my Meg in a playthrough I have yet to continue is coming out as a beast.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Know what? The hell with it. Add me to that supporter list too. I was a huge advocater for Micaiah in the early Brawl days. Now not nearly as much, obviously, but I still love her and feel she gets too much hate. At this point, I'd even settle for a Mii costume. I'm still a bit salty that Sothe got a trophy over her. TWICE. >.>

Also, no disrespect to any Lyn supporters, but I honestly feel Micaiah would add so much more to the Smash table than her. Light Magic, staves, what not. Then again I started my FE career with Path of Radiance so I'm biased. :V Hector would be pretty sweet though, and Chrom's mistreatment was really uncalled for, even if I do love the KI crew.

But alas, with Lucina coming in as a package deal and with Roy coming home (which I was rather against at first), I knew it was a done deal. Still didn't stop me from voting for her first in the ballot. Maybe in Smash 5! Maybe...Especially if Lucina doesn't return.

And on the subject of bad RD units, my Meg in a playthrough I have yet to continue is coming out as a beast.
Welcome to the Dawn Brigade Travelocity!

Oh! A old Brawl Days Supporter that still want Micaiah? Yay!

You're right, Fire Emblem has many characters, but Micaiah is one of the few that can offer something different and unique. A good option between the FE Characters. (And after the Robin/Lucina reveal and Chrom fall. Micaiah is now the most wanted FE Character in Japan).

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
Yeah I saw that in the RTC thread, which is a pleasant surprise. And yeah I was slightly infamous in the few Neoseeker forums I frequented for my support of her, lol. Along with others like Starfy and Paper Mario. I've also noticed that her hatedom in the US has died down over the years, it's mostly replaced by indifference. Either way, you just gotta love her design. <3

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah I saw that in the RTC thread, which is a pleasant surprise. And yeah I was slightly infamous in the few Neoseeker forums I frequented for my support of her, lol. Along with others like Starfy and Paper Mario. I've also noticed that her hatedom in the US has died down over the years, it's mostly replaced by indifference. Either way, you just gotta love her design. <3
Oh yeah, in the older days just.... Every time that you see someone talking about Micaiah... Or he/she hate her or love her xD... Now with the hype (and the hate) moved to other places (first to Shadow Dragon, after Awakening, and now Fates).

And the "Mary Sue" thing is now more a fandom-joke than and an actual accusation (with some exceptions).

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
The conversation you had with her during her recruitment in the Awakening DLC made me that much more sympathetic, with her regretting some of the decisions she's made. At least, from what I remember from the conversation anyway.

Heh, if anything I'd consider Ike to be more Mary Sue-ish. :p

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
The conversation you had with her during her recruitment in the Awakening DLC made me that much more sympathetic, with her regretting some of the decisions she's made. At least, from what I remember from the conversation anyway.

Ike is definitly more of a sue. But hey, he has an excuse, what with winning a war and having three years of mercenary shenanigans that were probably difficult. He was even on the losing side for a while.

Are there any sue lords, actually?

Troykv

Smash Master

Micaiah has more Mary Sue-ish background-traits (like be a branded from a Royal Familiy and she doesn't know this, with weird eye and hair color)... But when we're talking about the character itself (How she act in the story), she lacks many Main Points of the Mary-Sue Character.

You can look here for a better explanation (WARNING: SPOILERS): http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn40i5

In the other side, Ike lacks almost completely the Mary Sue-ish background-traits. But he has more "Actual Story" Mary-Sue Traits than Micaiah (but mostly of them can be justified with his participation in Path of Radiance).

Edit: Yeah, the DLC conversation talking about the things that her made was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Many characters that and massive boost or a massive fall in the last days of the ICP, but Micaiah is still in a similar place.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/

Micaiah is the Top 115

Other Fire Emblem Characters:

Anna: Top 66
Tiki: Top 72
Lyndis: Top 78
Hector: Top 81
Chrom: Top 91 (This one was voted for less people because is in another Poll, probably this affects his 1/2/3/4/5's relation)
Tharja: Top 103
_______
Corrin/Kamui: Top 116
Ephraim: Top 117 (I remembered this guy some places above in the Previous)
Azura: Top 118
Sigurd: Top 206
Eliwood: Top 224
Leif: Top 239

Now Micaiah is exactly between every other Fire Emblem Character in the Poll xDU

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot that they put in the Poll 5 Camilla (Top 246)... But I don't sure if that actually was a serious choice xDU

Note: Itsuki Aoi from Genei Ibun Roku #FE is Top 286 and Tsubasa Oribe is Top 310 :p

Maybe I miss another character

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
This last weekend was a little bit... alone XDU

Anyway, is October and only left like 3 Weeks for Halloween... So, I'm thinking... Which Micaiah's picture use as a Halloween/October Avatar?

I find these ones.

Do you know another picture?

PD: This also applies with @Micaiah4Smash https://twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash/status/653381153299165184

Last edited:

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
Oh man, I dunno...! I know of, like, one other Micaiah Halloween pic but it's a bit risque. Out of these I like the first one's outfit better but I like how the other one's drawn. Um... COIN FLIP.

Troykv

Smash Master
Risque?... Could you show me the picture in a MP to ensure that? Hehe xD

I like more the style of the second picture, but I want to see more opinion about it :3

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... I don't get another additional opinion but Travelocitykirby's one... So... I use this one in the Twitter:

Top Bottom