• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priority of Side and Down B against Projectiles<

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I know it's not a projectile, but the start of FK can clank with Ike's Fsmash. O_o

Weird priority is weird.

EDIT: Dang, old topic is old. >_>

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Necrobumpers! *hisses*

Anyway this thread goes to show that Falcon Kick is a viable option in competitive play.

Player-3

Smash Hero
it is not viable

lol

rb works almost as good

or you can just jump over/dodge the projetile since falcons so fast and that leaves you at a better position

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If it can clank out Ike's Fsmash, it has it's uses.

I like it a lot better then RB. Less cooldown, more range, more priority. And that nifty ledge canceling thingy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
less cooldown?

you sir are wrong

ledge cancelling is like 98% useless since its impossible space it after you hit someone since when you hit them it slows down

doesnt have more range if you reverse rb
priority yeah i guess

why would you fk ikes fsmash when you can shield and dash grab him

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It happened by fluke. >_>

And I remember it having less cooldown. Maybe I got the frame data wrong, but I though tripping and getting back up should take more time then stopping a kick. <_<

SuSa

Banned via Administration
less cooldown?

you sir are wrong

ledge cancelling is like 98% useless since its impossible space it after you hit someone since when you hit them it slows down

doesnt have more range if you reverse rb
priority yeah i guess

why would you fk ikes fsmash when you can shield and dash grab him
I ledge cancel all the time with Ganon's, Falcon's is only slightly harder to space.

Lrn2spacebetter

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I ledge cancel all the time with Ganon's, Falcon's is only slightly harder to space.

Lrn2spacebetter
It's also alot easier to do it with Ganon, and the only reason Ganons use WFC in the first place is because of his piss poor speed. Falcon's another story, he could actually run to the opponent faster than he could down + b.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I actually find it a tad bit easier to space a ledge canceled Falcon Kick, since hitting someone reduces the distance to about the same as Ganon's space for ledge canceling.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Ganons is obviously easier.

Falcons gets easy overtime by remembering the proper spacing. Its somewhat useful, good for "the **** was that" moments.

Also, I found a proper spacing so that you can hang onto the ledge after side b --> fall off ledge a while ago, but never said anything. Thoughts? Already known? lol

But It's nothing but a fancy thing to do for fun, not recommended for actual use.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Also, I found a proper spacing so that you can hang onto the ledge after side b --> fall off ledge a while ago, but never said anything. Thoughts? Already known? lol
What do you mean exactly? Like aerial raptor boost on-stage -> sweetspot the ledge?
Because you can ground raptor boost -> sweetspot ledge from any distance.. Just do the hadouken (fastfall -> DI towards ledge) =)
There was a thread about it like year ago =)

Mit

Smash Ace
If it can clank out Ike's Fsmash, it has it's uses.
For some reason I find this hard to believe, especially since people can 'clank' or straight up outprioritize Falcon Kick with far less devastating moves.

Maybe the first hitbox of FK, but I just cannot see the second or third hitboxes. FK'ing into an Ike fsmash sounds like a death wish.

Also, if the Ike's on his toes, he'll probably punch-kick-sword you before you can do anything.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
What do you mean exactly? Like aerial raptor boost on-stage -> sweetspot the ledge?
Because you can ground raptor boost -> sweetspot ledge from any distance.. Just do the hadouken (fastfall -> DI towards ledge) =)
There was a thread about it like year ago =)
good timing, I just did it like a minute ago by myself >_>;

ijqeoirjeopijpiop does anyone actually use it? its pretty useful if ya ask me

You have to buffer that FF DI towards ledge or else it won't work. Wich is awesome.

Mit

Smash Ace
good timing, I just did it like a minute ago by myself >_>;

ijqeoirjeopijpiop does anyone actually use it? its pretty useful if ya ask me

You have to buffer that FF DI towards ledge or else it won't work. Wich is awesome.
I don't see any point in risking a self-destruct when you can just run and do the hadouken thing that was already mentioned. That becomes reliable if you get good with it, and is certainly faster and more safe to do than using RB.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I don't see any point in risking a self-destruct when you can just run and do the hadouken thing that was already mentioned. That becomes reliable if you get good with it, and is certainly faster and more safe to do than using RB.
Well duh. It's more a thing for uhh....how would I put this. To be fancy (as I stated before)
and mindgames on occasions. First thing a guy expects after seeing falcon raptor boosting towards the ledge is " lol sd ".

It's just a cool little trick people can try and make use of. You CAN make use of it but its just risky. Not so much risky if you know how to use it alot.

Besides, I think we all know how to pull it off easy, right?

Acedude55

Smash Ace
what? >_>
does too

You're playing falcon, you're already fancy enough as it is for playing such a **** char.

Edit: Anyway I actually find the Raptor boost ledge grab useful. Looks pretty **** awesome to me.

Editx2: d a m n is censored?

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah everythings censored

guess it works for you

i cant pull that crap off go for it ace <3

who fks tornados

i falcon punch tornados

Acedude55

Smash Ace
did you buffer it?

buuuuffer eeeeet