• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rebirth of OTL: First Smash for 3DS 16 Man Online Tournament! (CLOSED: CONGRATS JERM!)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Done and done sir. :)
Thanks man. Now that everybody has registered for Rebirth of OTL both here and on the tournament's challonge page, the only thing left to do at this point is just wait till Saturday!

NOTE TO ALL: Thanks again for registering for Rebirth of OTL. I'm honestly a bit flattered at the moment. On Wednesday, October 8th, 2014, I shall PM all 16 of you a friendly reminder to set aside some time on Saturday October 11th starting from 10:30 AM Central Time (for those living in a different time zone, do the math and adjust your schedule accordingly). Check ins on the challonge page will become available starting October 9th the same time the tournament starts. MAKE SURE TO CHECK IN BETWEEN OCTOBER 9th and 11th!!! Failure to do so will result in an immediate disqualification Checking in lets me know you are actually 100 percent serious about competing in Rebirth of OTL. Once you are done with your matches, PM me/post in this thread your results when either you or your opponent has won the round. I shall be here all day Saturday and will be keeping tabs on both this and the challonge brackets as the tournament progresses.

One more thing, Be on time for RoOTL. If you tend to sleep in late on weekends, go to bed a good bit earlier than you normally do. I understand sometimes that combatants can be running a bit late to tournaments due to unforeseen circumstances like taking a really really long time in the bathroom (which even then is no excuse due to the 3DS's portability), having some quick errands to run like walking your dog, or having your internet randomly decide to be a ***** and not work until you reboot it!

That said, if you are running a bit late, I shall go ahead and pit the combatants who are here against each other while we wait for you and anybody else to get a move on. I will even grant a 15 minute "grace period" where we shall wait for you to show up once we get down to the "spare(s)" HOWEVER, if you are still not here by the time we get to the "spare(s)" and your 15 minutes are up, you shall be disqualified as stated in the OP as well as in this post. It is again understandable if something out of the blue happens to you that impedes your ability to compete/get here on time, but it is also unfair to make those who've already done their matches wait any longer than they have to!

Remember, once you check in to Rebirth of OTL starting on Thursday, you are hereby telling me that you are fully committed to this online tournament. Tell me ahead of time if something comes up via private message and I will notify your opponent of this development as well. Other than that...

NO JOHNS!

Last edited:

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
HOWEVER, if you are still not here by the time we get to the "spare(s)" and your 15 minutes are up, you and your opponent whom you made wait up on you shall both be disqualified as stated in the OP as well as in this post.
Wouldn't it be better to just disqualify the no-show and let the opponent move on in the brackets? Or is it too difficult to confirm who's present and who's not?

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Wouldn't it be better to just disqualify the no-show and let the opponent move on in the brackets? Or is it too difficult to confirm who's present and who's not?
Thanks for the suggestion KAB. It would be a bit tricky to confirm who's actually present and who's not, but this isn't a bad idea.

EDIT: updated the OP once more with your suggestion KAB

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
@ToadsterOven

I will be recording/streaming my matches during the tournament so if you would like me to stream anything else in the tournament just let me know. :)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
@ToadsterOven

I will be recording/streaming my matches during the tournament so if you would like me to stream anything else in the tournament just let me know. :)
I could have the participants in the Semi and Grand Finals send their replays to you so that you can upload them to your Youtube account. (I presume you have one if you are recording/streaming matches) My only practical means of recording videos, my almost 3 year old ipod touch 4th gen decided to be a jerk a little while ago and refuse to come on when I push the power button. I think it gave up the ghost in other words.

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
I could have the participants in the Semi and Grand Finals send their replays to you so that you can upload them to your Youtube account. (I presume you have one if you are recording/streaming matches) My only practical means of recording videos, my almost 3 year old ipod touch 4th gen decided to be a jerk a little while ago and refuse to come on when I push the power button. I think it gave up the ghost in other words.
Yeah that would be fine. Yeah I plan to upload everything to YouTube.

I have a capture card for my 3DS so I'm uploading vast majority of my matches right now.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029

I have a capture card for my 3DS so I'm uploading vast majority of my matches right now.
Thanks for the info. PM me whenever you get a chance a link to your youtube account so that I can later add it to the OP. :)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Yeah this is a double post, but I'm doing this mainly to bump the thread and to make another announcement!

It is now Wednesday guys and girls! As I stated earlier in the week, I was going to send friendly reminders to all of you about the tournament which is this weekend on Saturday and now I have! Since the PM icon to the left of your username when you are logged into SmashBoards is highlighted when you have a new message, I shouldn't be hearing any excuses about not getting one as I have PM'ed all 16 of you who joined Rebirth of OTL. Also, I wouldn't immediately delete the message after reading it as it contains a link to this thread and a link to the challonge page where you can "Check In" starting tomorrow starting at 10:30 AM Central Time. Very convenient the former is huh? Checking in as previously stated is mandatory and failure to do so between tomorrow and when the tournament starts on Saturday at late morning (again 10:30 AM Central Time) will result in your immediate disqualification!

I pray that all of you will be here on Saturday and as such help the tournament run at a brisk pace. :) Oh and good luck!

EDIT: Updated the OP with the following "On the day of the tournament, I highly suggest staying logged in on this particular thread at least until you are eliminated from the tournament. This will help me keep track of who's actually here and who's not!"

ToadsterOven out!

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm really sorry but something just came up and I won't be able to make the tournament tomorrow. I originally thought I'd be able to so I checked in and everything... Could you disqualify me? :/

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Would it be possible for me to take his place, as :4littlemac:? I can definitely attend, my challenge name is sybronx and my fc is 1865 - 0786 - 9027.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Hey, I'm really sorry but something just came up and I won't be able to make the tournament tomorrow. I originally thought I'd be able to so I checked in and everything... Could you disqualify me? :/
sorry to hear that man, but thanks for telling me ahead of time :)

Would it be possible for me to take his place, as :4littlemac:? I can definitely attend, my challenge name is sybronx and my fc is 1865 - 0786 - 9027.
Of course. If you can, sign up for Rebirth of OTL on challonge and quickly check in between now and tomorrow at 10:30 AM Central Time

Last edited:

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
sorry to hear that man, but thanks for telling me ahead of time :)

Of course. If you can, sign up for Rebirth of OTL on challonge and quickly check in between now and tomorrow at 10:30 AM Central Time
A bit confused as to how to sign up, is it all full now?

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
A bit confused as to how to sign up, is it all full now?
Never mind. I saw a feature where you can add people when I was checking the check in page to see who still needs to check in. You are now taken care of buddy! :)

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Never mind. I saw a feature where you can add people when I was checking the check in page to see who still needs to check in. You are now taken care of buddy! :)
Thanks a lot!!! Super amped, consider me checked in! Looking forward to tomorrow. :colorful:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Thanks a lot!!! Super amped, consider me checked in! Looking forward to tomorrow. :colorful:
Glad to hear it and thanks to all who've checked in on Rebirth of OTL's Challonge page. To the remaining 4 combatants who haven't checked in yet and you know who you are, I've sent another PM reminding you to either check in now before 10:30AM CT or forfeit your right to participate in tomorrow's tournament! I also sent links to this thread, the Challonge page, and a link to a time zone website in said PM. Speaking of the last link, I have also posted it at the top of the OP in this thread for the convenience of those that aren't sure what time they will need to be up and start their matches.

EDIT: Updated the hot pink section of the OP regarding the reward I will be handing out to 1st through 4th place. Battle Points (BP) for now is just for kicks. Once a proper rewards/prizes system has been created by me and some other OTL'ers much much later after a good amount of tournaments have occurred in this section of the forums, you shall be able to cash in some of your hard earned BP for some good loot! Until then, Battle Points are just for show!

If you would like to use this idea of mine, that is fine, just make sure to give out a proper amount to your top finishers! i.e small tournaments shouldn't have upwards of 100 battle points or more and huge 64 man tournaments should not have say 10 battle points for 1st place!

Last edited:

Slyphoria

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SquidWithGlasses
3DS FC
4184-1884-8690

Oh, because I'm fighting you first round, I figured I should let you know something.

If you do a match with customizations on, then random will put random equipment and custom moves on the character it picks.

A good way to do it if you're doing random is to have a 3rd party do random on their 3DS and then tell you which one shows up so you don't have to worry about equipment showing up.

EDIT: But if you're fine with not having Mii be one of the options, we could just do customs off.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
is there a chat or anything! And i thought it started at 11:30!

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Oh, because I'm fighting you first round, I figured I should let you know something.

If you do a match with customizations on, then random will put random equipment and custom moves on the character it picks.

A good way to do it if you're doing random is to have a 3rd party do random on their 3DS and then tell you which one shows up so you don't have to worry about equipment showing up.

EDIT: But if you're fine with not having Mii be one of the options, we could just do customs off.
Did not know about that.

Custom moves are prohibited in this tournament (I haven't used them much anyways yet) so you don't have to worry about me using them.

I'll be recording/saving my replays but also I will be livestreaming throughout the tournament so if anyone wants their match shown on stream let me know.

If you guys need/want to have a live chat you are welcome to use my stream channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/adaptchance

----

@ Jerm Jerm

It does start at 11:30am EST :)

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Did not know about that.

Custom moves are prohibited in this tournament (I haven't used them much anyways yet) so you don't have to worry about me using them.

I'll be recording/saving my replays but also I will be livestreaming throughout the tournament so if anyone wants their match shown on stream let me know.

If you guys need/want to have a live chat you are welcome to use my stream channel.

----

@ Jerm Jerm

O phew! lol. Thanks :D

Slyphoria

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SquidWithGlasses
3DS FC
4184-1884-8690
Did not know about that.

I was just saying that in case you fought Miis at some point, which I'm now realizing you can pick Miis even with customizations off. Whoops!

TPM_23

Smash Cadet
Did not know about that.

----

@ Jerm Jerm

Maybe you could stream the finals instead of us sending the deciding match to you (which I don't even know how to do)?

Atomic_Shaymin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1805-2353-7958
So I was under the impression that this was a weekend spanning event where we do matches when possible. I have work at 1 but will be on later in the afternoon, so is that going to be too big of a problem?

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Maybe you could stream the finals instead of us sending the deciding match to you (which I don't even know how to do)?
I don't know how to send replays either, if anyone does know how let me know.

Yeah I plan to at least stream the finals. I just meant in general if anyone wanted their match streamed just let me know.

--

@Atomic

I think it's a weekend thing, probably best asking Toad to double check.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
My body is ready! Sybronx ima host real quick

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
I don't know how to send replays either, if anyone does know how let me know.

Yeah I plan to at least stream the finals. I just meant in general if anyone wanted their match streamed just let me know.

--

@Atomic

I think it's a weekend thing, probably best asking Toad to double check.

I wouldnt mind being streamed :O

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Last edited:

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
I'm against Wii Food Trainer. Waiting for PEOPLE TO START DOING STUFF! GAWD!

@ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance ill let you know the minute they walk through the door -_-

Last edited:
Top Bottom