• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Relationship Topic

Akiak

Smash Ace
Well the old thread got closed because of sexual talk.

I decided i would make a new one since we all need it.:)

This thread is for people to ask for advice on their own relationship problems.

So NO REFERRING TO SEX IN ANY WAY.:bandit: I'm watching you...

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Is this a relationship advice thread, or something? I don't get it.
Yes. Assuming this is the same as the last thread, this thread should have people asking and answering questions on other people's relationships if they choose to do so.

So long as the sexual talk is absolutely and entirely avoided in any way, shape, or form, I think this thread should be fine and stay open.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Actually, it should be kept to zero. ANY sexual talk will get this shut down fast.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
All good conversation should be restricted to the Debate Hall.

I just did a tarot card reading. The three cards I drew regarding this thread were the 'my poor teenage heart' card, the 'redundant argument between joshisrad and thirteen year-olds' card and the 'omfgomfg ****ing hates sex' card.

Blackadder

Smash Master

I just did a tarot card reading. The three cards I drew regarding this thread were the 'my poor teenage heart' card, the 'redundant argument between joshisrad and thirteen year-olds' card and the 'omfgomfg ****ing hates sex' card.
Hey hey hey... C'mon man, c'mon...

I'm 16 rite.

-------------------
On a more serious note, I wouldn't expect much else? A large lot of us on SWF are 14-18ish, and from a lot of what I've read, know about as much as girls/relationships/love/crush as I do. ...Which isn't much. :(:laugh:

It'll still be interesting to see how long this thread lasts before any sexual talk comes in.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

LOL, this is so true. i miss joshisrad. too bad he had to go and get banned.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
The problem with these threads is there are no real relationship problems.

Every post is like "omgz this girl is cute but I'm a scrub and I don't know how to talk to women."

I'm a big fan of learning by experience.

At any rate, we'll still be here to advise you on how best to talk to someone...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, if anyone wants to come with McCloud and me to the 4:20 showing of Prince Caspian tomorrow, you're all invited.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
If the general population of this site is too young to talk about sex in a mature way, then the general population of this site is too young for any kind of meaningful relationship. This thread is ultimately going to devolve into "omg a gurl lieks me wut should i do". Us older forum goers aren't going to get anything from this.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
So how about that sex? Wait... d@mn it! But seriously this is pretty much covered by the what women like blah blah blah topic.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
If the general population of this site is too young to talk about sex in a mature way, then the general population of this site is too young for any kind of meaningful relationship. This thread is ultimately going to devolve into "omg a gurl lieks me wut should i do". Us older forum goers aren't going to get anything from this.
So why not leave it to the younger forumers? In the same way that the Gay Smashers thread is no help to me, being straight. Let them talk about omg gurls. It's all a lot of fun.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The problem is once it dissolves to that, the possibility of sexual conversations increases, and teenagers discussing sex is pretty risky for us to even consider.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
i have read kitten's first post in this thread

now let us see where to start
ah yes - i do not have a relationship with any females (but you can certainly find many flaws with this statement)

anyway, i wish jammer would come back (no not to post in the relationship topic but rather to post in the pool room)

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
-Content Edit-

Hey Ex probably said no...gotten desparate and wanted you back.

I have a problem my self. I like a guy at my school a lot that I would do anything to get close to him. I'm trying to keep it a secret but I keep blurting things out. One of my friends asked me a question. "What do you even like a bout him anyways?" I told him by accident and now he keeps calling me "homo" and stuff. It's not offending me but I try to keep it secretly to myself.

Now lots of my friends know and stuff., we're all in high school. (grade 9 to be exact).

So here's the question...should I give up on it and move schools so that I won't get bugged? (I still will but not that close and personally).

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem my self. I like a guy at my school a lot that I would do anything to get close to him. I'm trying to keep it a secret but I keep blurting things out. One of my friends asked me a question. "What do you even like a bout him anyways?" I told him by accident and now he keeps calling me "homo" and stuff. It's not offending me but I try to keep it secretly to myself.

Now lots of my friends know and stuff., we're all in high school. (grade 9 to be exact).

So here's the question...should I give up on it and move schools so that I won't get bugged? (I still will but not that close and personally).

Um why would you want anyone that just keeps calling you homo? It doesn't sound like you
under control (you not going crazy but blurting things out accidentally letting him know?) I think that kind of thing is just gonna harm you in the future. Destructive might be a better term. You dont seem to be approaching it smart.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Hey Ex probably said no...gotten desparate and wanted you back.

A better question is.. how many of your current close and personal friends are going to stay friends w/ you if you move schools... you are still going to maintain your support network.. or are they going to leave you b/c you think you're g@y.

Do you honestly think this situation isn't going to follow you to your new school.. or do you honestly think it won't happen again...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Final warning - no discussion of sexual topics. It's quite serious because we can get into a lot of trouble over it.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I find it hilarious how the first page is all about-
"No talking a bout sex! Gee that sucks but no talking about sex! The teenies around here are too young to be talking about sex! Yes they are leave sex for the debate hall. I don't care that teens are reading this but i'll say they have no idea about relationships because they are too young for sex!"

Tone it down! Its just calling out for an incident to happen! Crimson King, i'm sorry for adding a post about it but i just had to say something...

I think you should talk with your friends... Ask them if they really have a problem with you and to stop bothering you, if they really can't accept your friendship and they keep bothering you all the time they are just not your friends... You should try to make new friends that accept you the way you are. If you really feel you can't trust anyone in your whole school then maybe it might be a good idea to leave... Not all schools are the same i'm sure some have nicer people and just as a word of advise i don't mean to offend you but avoid religious schools especially ones like protestans that are against gay marriage, those schools are more likely to have homophobic children that were influenced by their parents.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Crimson King- it wasn't asking for any "sexual advice" or anything of that nature... i was merely asking for some "relationship advice"... how my post was "sexual" aside from barely mentioning it, is beyond me.

I'm quite certain that most of the persons that post in this thread asking for advice probably are not virgins, and as you, and I both know sex is generally part of a healthy relationship..

You seriously gave me a warning for posting something that I was legitimately curious about...

I'm glad that there are mods around to ban KDJ, and "censor" threads that call for details that are not necessarily explicit, but definitely nessesary.

At this point i can't really see any reason to keep this topic open.

Close it now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Actually I got the opinions of others, and I was advised to edit your post and warn you accordingly.

It doesn't matter if people have done anything sexually already; the boards do not have any disclaimers about mature content and can be deemed illegal for discussing it. End of argument.

Synt4x

Smash Rookie
Alright, back on topic with a general question:

How well do you have to know a girl before you ask her out?

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Ok so me and this girl are really good friends, we talk about pretty much everything, including relationship stuff, and I always ask her for advice and stuff about girls. I have liked her for awhile now, but she has a boyfriend and they've been going out for a couple months. And also, when and if they break up, how long should I wait to ask her out? Another problem is the fact that she is friends with one of my cousins, so if I ask her out and she says no, we will still run into each other, and heck, I'd just miss the conversations. We also both go to different schools and shes a year older than me. I know that about a year ago, she didn't like me. But now, If they break up I can only think about me asking her out and all the consequences of the "no".

As you have probly guessed, I have crap in terms of confidence.

Oh, this is advice I got off another forum that I go to lots:

If they break up I wouldn't move in too quick. If you two talk about alot, it means she trusts you, which counts for a lot with girls.
Don't be afraid of asking a girl out. If she says no, that's it, it won't be all that bad afterward.

And another, less desirable:

don't get your hopes up it maybe that they never do. If you really like her then just keep it the way it is. She most likely will only think of you as a friend because your not the romantic type.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
^ Maybe you can try just going out with her, get her to like being with you in a different way, also, if you and her already talk about pretty much everything, you probably have the confidence needed to start getting closer.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
For one thing, just because you ask her out and she says no doesn't mean jack as far as your relationship goes. Boys always think that it'll be weird or awkward if a girl rejects them. They're women; there's thousands of them.

Also, I'm sure you already know this somewhere deep in your heart, but boys and girls that are friends usually stay friends. Go for it anyway if you really like the girl, but just be aware.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Ok so me and this girl are really good friends, we talk about pretty much everything, including relationship stuff, and I always ask her for advice and stuff about girls. I have liked her for awhile now, but she has a boyfriend and they've been going out for a couple months. And also, when and if they break up, how long should I wait to ask her out? Another problem is the fact that she is friends with one of my cousins, so if I ask her out and she says no, we will still run into each other, and heck, I'd just miss the conversations. We also both go to different schools and shes a year older than me. I know that about a year ago, she didn't like me. But now, If they break up I can only think about me asking her out and all the consequences of the "no".

If they break up I wouldn't move in too quick. If you two talk about alot, it means she trusts you, which counts for a lot with girls.
Don't be afraid of asking a girl out. If she says no, that's it, it won't be all that bad afterward.

don't get your hopes up it maybe that they never do. If you really like her then just keep it the way it is. She most likely will only think of you as a friend because your not the romantic type.
At this point it seems like you have been 'friend-zoned" already. That is to say that it would be awkward for the 2 of you to start a relationship at this point. It is possible that she has been having the same feelings as you, with the same lack of confidence, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It will likely not go the way you want but at the same time it will be easier to take it because you two are already close. Once it gets that past you can stay friends and just have a silly moment to look back on.

Just go for it, but do it in a fun way, don't be very serious about it.
And if she says yes, then good for you.

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Yea, all your advice would have been nice, but she DOES have a boyfriend.
But once they're done, I'll try asking her out...

Marie_54

Smash Ace

I don't know what to say about the time because everyone is different but-

Don't worry about negative consequences, seriously most of my friends are guys and almost all of them have fallen in love with me and they asked me and i just said no and they are still my friends... Hell my best friends have all fallen in love with me and i said no.:ohwell:
There are some that are not my friends because they were trying to be my friends just to date me and since i said no they don't talk to me anymore... You don't have to worry about that because you are the one in love. So pretty much go for it if you are really close to her she won't cut you off. ...and maybe she does like you and you just need to speak up, i fell in love with one of my friends who i didn't like at first, i think he likes me but he doesn't speak up.:ohwell: and i'm too much of a coward to ask...

So umm yeah you really won't lose anything hopefully just go for it! Umm after they separate...:laugh:

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

consequences of "no"? HAHAHAHA, there ARE no consequences of "no"; unless you act like a desperate, kiss-***, emo kid and say "when i saw you for the first time, i instantly fell in love" or some sappy **** like that. in that case, she'll feel really awkward around you. just play it cool and if/when they break up and you feel it's the right time to take her out, try to tell rather than ask. something like "lets catch a movie on friday" instead of "do you want to go out to the movies with me?" because that makes you sound submissive and unconfident. as i've stated MANY MANY MANY times before in these threads (no one seems to listen to me), CONFIDENCE IS KEY.
but be warned; if this girl if REALLY sensitive and if/when they break up she's just crying all the time or planning suicide and junk, stay the **** back.

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Yea, she is realy sensitive, but not suicide sensitive.
Also, what's the best kind of movie to go to? Comedy? Romance? Romantic Comedy? Scary? Action?

Oh, and I do know th whole confidence thing and that probably is the best advice, but specific stuff helps too.

Top Bottom