• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Smash 4: Results and shoutouts

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Any one going to be putting up videos of the matches of this tourney? i really wanna see what went down!

:yoshi: :mario:

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
read the previous pages: the guy who's got the PC with the videos can't work on them now.

Anyway I agree with Velox about Masamune's pool. I would have done the same if Dax or Chor would end in my pool.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Amsah did the same thing in the second round of pools. He dropped a game to Rens by going fox and sandbagging. Rens proceeded to the brackets, Efen got screwed over. This stuff happens. No johns.
...and Amsah knows very well that Rensie is a Fox slayer. Also, Amsah has never lost to a Peach with Sheik, so he'd have no reason to go Fox except for fun (not blaming anyone here, just wanted to point this out).
I knew someone would bring this up sooner or later.
Believe it or not, I didn't lose on purpose and I didn't go Fox to give Rens a chance of winning.
Sure, I went Fox against Rens "the Fox slayer" but I always do that and sure, I wasn't playing 100% serious but that never cost me a match against Rens before.
I was even ahead the entire match I lost against him, I was just unlucky I got downsmashed while standing under a low platform (FoD) -_-'
Seriously, dropping your matches against friends goes against my reasons for playing tournaments, I would never do that on purpose (otherwise you would've seen alot more "Nnja vs Amsah" Finals in holland, trust me).

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Amsah: Bracket play is different from pool play, which this is about. We usually pay a lot of attention to seeding, so it hardly ever is an issue in the Netherlands. I don't get why you even try and defend yourself, it's the system's fault, not the player's. Even though you were trying, you didn't go Sheik, giving Rens a better chance.

The second round of pools should have had proper seeding if stuff like this was supposed to be prevented.

Doraki

Smash Lord
random 2nd round of pools can be pretty stupid sometimes

at oc2 there was a fox player who was in my 1st pool that went also in my 2nd pool.
Not mentioning we had Zelgadis and Bobmoney who both lost on purpose 2-0 to Clod Zero, who had lost to everyone else, enabling him to get 4th and into the brackets, and thus screwing up Shaz.

Yeah, that's not funny.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well we understand it couldn't be completely prevented offcourse, since 13 (out of 16) Dutchies advanced to 8 pouls. But 2 Dutchies per poul max was thus possible ofcourse. But instead there were even pouls with 3 Dutchies (like the one with Amsah, Rens and Coen) and also pouls with 0 Dutchies. My poul was the gayest ofcourse, with Ek, Helios, Makenshi, Aska, Adam, Ying, Thieum McCloud and me >_> Not to forget I played my last poulmatch at 4 am...

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually spent about 30 minutes trying to set up round 2 manually, but I later gave up because it seemed effin impossible. Also, people would have been complaining over "biased" pool placements and such, so I would've gotten **** for this either way ^^

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, why is this even a topic? This stuff happens, and unless the better player throws the game by jumping off the stage 4 times in a row, there is no way to prove it.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Samochan: I knew i had forgot someone! sorry about that T_T. Nice peach and the best girl smasher i have played :p **** it, i never beat you with my marth x_x. You go girl :D

Jeffz0r: I guess i just stepped it up :p....or something. Really i had never heard of Jam before, is he supposed to be really good? cuz...i dno.
Just played the norweigians yesterday and managed to beat Masamunes sheik once! :D Still he beat me 2345234634572345 times so... haha im still happy to have won him at least :D And we recorded it so i can prove it :p

Vegard

Smash Lord
Masamune and Kriz played at like 4 in the night, and Masamune went Marth both matches. You should've seen Masamune after the set, he felt asleep 5 minutes after they finished. If pools were finished in time, the matches wouldn't normally turn out the way they did.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Masamune and Kriz played at like 4 in the night, and Masamune went Marth both matches. You should've seen Masamune after the set, he felt asleep 5 minutes after they finished. If pools were finished in time, the matches wouldn't normally turn out the way they did.
He did play Marth in only one of the matches. Not that that matters...
Whatsoever, there's no need to continue this discussion.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Cmon people! why did this thread die so quickly?????

And where are the vids??

RoS4 was amazing even though there were a few things that went wrong but it still was a great tourney.

Only a few people have posted shoutouts and I think this thread should be kept alive a little longer

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
ok, in order to revive the thread here is some random Msn chat I got with NGCXX..

"Aldwyn McCloud Connected scrive:
I just can't wait to see the videos featuring Ek
Coen - Kirby no like scrive:
against you?
Aldwyn McCloud Connected scrive:
no, I'm speaking of Ek being ***** gang bang style by Sparken, Amsah, Svampen, Ninja, Faab and possibly someone else.."

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
ok, in order to revive the thread here is some random Msn chat I got with NGCXX..

"Aldwyn McCloud Connected scrive:
I just can't wait to see the videos featuring Ek
Coen - Kirby no like scrive:
against you?
Aldwyn McCloud Connected scrive:
no, I'm speaking of Ek being ***** gang bang style by Sparken, Amsah, Svampen, Ninja, Faab and possibly someone else.."
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey I didn't participate in the bangin', I was just sleeping next to them when it happend XD

Top Bottom