• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Xmash 4, Varberg, July 3-6th | Results in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Yes you are a ******...

Coen - RoX4 *dies*....*stands up* RoX4 *dies*........ zegt:
was jij er de tweede dag op JST?
Jeffz0r - vakantie, heerlijk ^^ zegt:
wat is dat nou weer voor vraag, ik organiseerde et xD
ohja.....
vergeten :p
translation
were you there the second day of JST?
Jeffz0r - vakantie, heerlijk ^^ zegt:
what kind of question is that, I organized it XD
oh yeah.....
I forgot :p

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Yeh you know my skill level..... coz you've played me soooo much, oh wait you have never played me in a single match, not even a friendly. The last tournie we were at together was 7 months ago. I think you are a ******.

I have a lot of beef with where i am seeded but ive already talked about this with helios, so no need to bring any of my logic here coz mostly this list is based on opinion. IN MY OPINION
Yeah, and nobody outside of UK have played uk players in a pretty long time. Isn't a seeding list based on good results in the past? Of course it contains an opinion too, but that shouldn't be the major part.

We know that countries like Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and France have proven themself in the last few months (and longer ago too) and should deserve good spots in the seeding. UK hasn't done this, and they didn't do well in the times that they did travel to other countries. (except for doug). That means that uk doesn't really deserve top spots, maybe some high seeds, but definately not a top seed.

I am not saying that you guys suck. I really believe that the UK has improved a lot in the past half year. I'm only saying that you should prove something before you get top seeds. Anybody can say: "hey i've stepped it up, now i deserve a high seed"

Good luck on Ros, i'm sure that 1, 2 or 3 uk smashers will make it to the bracket, but i don't think any of them can get top 16.

And if one of you makes it in top 16 you can laugh at me and say: "Ha, told you so!"

Dax

Smash Journeyman
There's some thing I don't agree with:

Like Ivo, especially the placings of some of the UK mofos bothers me. It really comes from nothing, does it?

And also Ryuker's seeding deserves a mention. Although he's not on the Power Rankings, that doesn't automatically puts him in 4th seed, does it? I think he deserves a little better, as he's now ranked a seed lower than Dax, whom he beat @ RoS3. I also think he's better than Luma (no offence Luma) and Euan (same). As a plus, the last couple of weeks (or even months, I'm not sure) he's been training a LOT with Amsah, Faab and Choco, so it's almost impossible he hasn't improved.

Just my opinion, just saying.....
ehr, first of all i messed up at the last stock. everybody knows. A set doesn't mean anything. Not only: we playied a lot of friendlies at his home before JST and I beated him lot of times. with at least 5 different characters. Sorry but I am better than him. Also, I recently lost 3-2 against Seretur in a close set in an Italian tournament (videos are also on youtube :\) which is definitely better than him.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Yeah, and nobody outside of UK have played uk players in a pretty long time. Isn't a seeding list based on good results in the past? Of course it contains an opinion too, but that shouldn't be the major part.
Actually myself and Euan went to Sweden in March,I got 9th and Euan got 13th(we met in the bracket >_>).I lost to Smash Alex and Sparken(who also beat Yuna),Euan lost to Aniolas and me.

I cant say I made any notable wins,I beat Sparkens Falco on FD but that was in pools.Other than that I beat Smasher89,Kuja and Killingmachine.
Euan beat Dev(top seed at this tourney) and Dual in pools,Nezo(I think that was his name) in the bracket.

Other than that I went very even with Yuna in friendlies,and we both played Helios alot while we were there.In a friendly set I lost 4-2.

I think it was Shvar6 lol.

I cant speak much for Charles getting top seed though,infact I'd probably say hes a high seed.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
ehr, first of all i messed up at the last stock. everybody knows. A set doesn't mean anything. Not only: we playied a lot of friendlies at his home before JST and I beated him lot of times. with at least 5 different characters. Sorry but I am better than him. Also, I recently lost 3-2 against Seretur in a close set in an Italian tournament (videos are also on youtube :\) which is definitely better than him.
1) No Johns
2) Friendlies don't count
3) You lost to Seretur so it doesn't prove anything

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Yeh you know my skill level..... coz you've played me soooo much, oh wait you have never played me in a single match, not even a friendly. The last tournie we were at together was 7 months ago. I think you are a ******.

I have a lot of beef with where i am seeded but ive already talked about this with helios, so no need to bring any of my logic here coz mostly this list is based on opinion. IN MY OPINION
Yay, Finland gets a top seed? Your logic is oh, so flawless.

Kone

Smash Master
Charles shud be switched with JD. Doesnt make sense him being above JD that has proved himself constantly in europe.

In fairness the dutch nor french arent massive travellers. The only difference is that the UK hasnt had a large tournament european tournaments. Weve had plenty of tournaments that you guys couldve been invited to, however the problem with our community is that our tournaments are held in awkward to get to places. Weve recently discussed trying to organise a large euro tournament to show ourselves to europe, but our community is based outside london. London is the only place we could do it and nobody there will step up and host.

But we have improved, talk to doug. But im happy with you guys arguing, serve us better when we put you down.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
JD is already top seed, he is going to get switched with tonberry. Don't know exactly who is the next best player in high seeds now, but there are some that are better than charles.

The dutch and french have travelled more than the brits for sure, look at tournaments like ros3 last year. There are more examples if you really want to hear them. (although i'm not one of the dutch who travels a lot :p)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i like how you say it as if you know by playing, "Some better than" Just say some more well known it would be more respectable thanks, its not nice to look down on other smashers who you haven't even met, especially one that won the last UK tourney =P. + theres been no tourneys i could've travelled to outside of the UK since i started and i had no chance of going america.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
1) No Johns
2) Friendlies don't count
3) You lost to Seretur so it doesn't prove anything
1) You didn't even watch the match, so shut up please =) I don't absolutely care about this stupid "no johns" it just makes me laugh.
2) Ok so I can say that you and a lot of other people are not better than me because ONLY tournament matches count. Too funny. I'm just better than him, end of the discussion.
3) I won 2 matches, genius. He couldn't even won one.

Seretur

Smash Journeyman
he-->ngcxx i assume

finally top seeded huh?
fine.

too bad you can't seed my 2 friends.. what if they show better than you expected in friendlies before the singles (or even in low tier tournaments etc), don't say they don't count.. cuz they actually show your skills i do agree it's not comparable with the real tournament but ...

Aniolas

Smash Ace
But im happy with you guys arguing, serve us better when we put you down.
Yeah, it's way more hardcore to win when you're the underdog. ;)
You guys better step it up and pwn all other foreigners!

You wont have any chance against any swede, but I guess you already know that. ;)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here follows a message from Tin and Onito, our "bambatanter" at this event ^__^

Hello Smashers!
Me and Onito was asked to take care of food and café at RoX 4.

This is the menu atm:

Tuesday 3 July
Dinner: Swedish pancakes with jam and wipped cream.

Wednesday 4 July
Breakfast: Bread, Yoghurt, cereal, coffe, juice and more.
Dinner: Meatballs, mashed potatoes/pasta, Lingonberry/ketchup/sauce

Thursday 5 July.
Breakfast: Bread, Yoghurt, cereal, coffe, juice and more. OR waffles + beverage
Dinner: Chicken-currystew, rice

Friday 6 July.
Breakfast: Bread, Yoghurt, cereal, coffe, juice and more.

We will also be selling soft drinks, coffee, cookies, snacks and candy.
Ordering food will be taken care of at RoX and you pay separatly for every meal.
We haven't decided on prices yet but it won't be too expensive. *promise*
You likey?
Questions and such are welcome either here or on msn.
Tin: tin_-@hotmail.com
Onito: onito_@hotmail.com

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Aniolas, Me and u was going to have a MM, u were also going to have one with Nea. But is 10 SEK ok?^^ best of 5 both matches.
Teams will be best of 5 and 20SEK (each player gives 10 SEK)

Ijuka

Smash Ace
No one wants moneymatches? Lookie, I'm low seed, so every top/high/mid seed, easy money for you! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom