• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Request Thread: Request anything here!

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, the reason almost nothing gets made in any request section is because they often take a lot of time, and the person requesting wants it to be absolutely perfect, which will basically never happen. a vertexer/texturer takes many hours to make the request, only to be told 'nice try, but it looks horrible. any one else want to try?' i've seen that happen quite a few times, which is why most times requests go unfulfilled. vertexing is very limited to what you can actually do, because you can't just add in extra verticies and/or polygons. and many times it's for a character from some random anime show that basically only the requester has even heard of. it's almost easier to learn to do it yourself than to rely on someone else doing it. i know this is the case, because it's what i did.

and the reason we have only a thread for requests here is because it was a large pain to even get the Customized Content section to begin with, so adding another section for just requests was out of the question. if you want to do a new thread just for a single request, go to Kitty Corp.

sorry for the small rant, but i'm getting sick of people whining about how no one does requests. the request has to appeal to the person making it, otherwise it becomes a chore, and it won't get done.

and SonicTheHedgehog02, if you can't find anyone else to do it, i can do it in a few weeks once i'm done with school (my last final is may 7th). you'll probably just have to remind me then.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I've got a fairly simple idea for any vertex hackers out there...

Black Mage over Lucas - a Black Mage model already exists, but also turn his stick into a dagger. And, if possible, turn his snake into a...digestive tract. I'd like to try to recreate THE Black Mage of 8-Bit Theatre. Including HADOKEN and cough-up-your-own-digestive-system for use as a desperate tether move.

I actually have a full moveset plan for him, but vertex hacking is the one thing I can't handle at all... :awesome:

Photos

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately, smewtwo, i don't believe you can. i just attempted copy-pasting the polygons and vertex sets, and it didn't seem to work. you'll probably just have to use the sword as well if you want the shield. so far as i know, at least. i'd say, compared to the people in here, i'm only moderately knowledgeable, so there may be a few people who know a simple way to switch out the shields.

but that's an awesome looking hack. i'm totally putting that on my sd card. :)
reminds me of demon's souls. now THAT would be intersting, a demons souls based link hack.

and, an idea to put out, i may work on this myself, maybe not, but:
based off of Rapunzel from tangled: a ZSS vertexture hack which replaces all whip attacks with long hair whip attacks! i was actually thinking a model port of peach over zss would work, but i'm not knowledgeable enough to do that.

mariodk

Smash Ace
ok i ask again for a Gotenks(almost also dont care what transform normal/SSJ1,3) Vertex over Lucas or Toonlink or Ness or who ever who can fit for Gotenks
+ models of his Ghosts attack :D
then i can finnaly make a moveset for him
(if ppl ignore this Post i guess i have to do it my self and know 1% to vertex only)

Taidow

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if anyone could make a custom stage texture hack with either of these?

Lake

Swamp

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
unfortunately, smewtwo, i don't believe you can. i just attempted copy-pasting the polygons and vertex sets, and it didn't seem to work. you'll probably just have to use the sword as well if you want the shield. so far as i know, at least. i'd say, compared to the people in here, i'm only moderately knowledgeable, so there may be a few people who know a simple way to switch out the shields.
You can just use DasDonkeyBox 1 (NOT 2.x) to flawlessly copy verts from one vertex hack to another, I think

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Does anyone happen to know their way around menu hacks? Specifically, I'm looking to remove the Music-Sound Effects Balance from my menu. Kind of a long story as to why I would want such a hack, but it's necessary at this point let's just put it that way.

I've tried looking a mu_menumain_en.pac in Brawl Box, but I'm kind of just blindly trying to figure this out. The farthest I got on accomplishing this myself was finding some of the, I guess textures, that make up part of that Balancer, but it was still selectable. I'm looking to remove it from my menu, or to just make it unselectable.

Any knowledge on this you can pass my way would be VERY much appreciated.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Does anyone happen to know their way around menu hacks? Specifically, I'm looking to remove the Music-Sound Effects Balance from my menu. Kind of a long story as to why I would want such a hack, but it's necessary at this point let's just put it that way.

I've tried looking a mu_menumain_en.pac in Brawl Box, but I'm kind of just blindly trying to figure this out. The farthest I got on accomplishing this myself was finding some of the, I guess textures, that make up part of that Balancer, but it was still selectable. I'm looking to remove it from my menu, or to just make it unselectable.

Any knowledge on this you can pass my way would be VERY much appreciated.
That would pretty much require knowledge on coding and how the menu works to accomplish that. It's a very unexplored sector.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Hey guys, I need your help. The server where I hosted all my images and files has gone down permanently so I have to reupload all my BrawlVault stuff.

I was wondering if anybody has my May's Hat Jigglypuff vertexture and my MegaPuff X. I can't find it in my brawlbox folder.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Okay, this isn't really a request for a specific hack, but a general request towards all vertex hackers.

When you're vertex editing, and you feel you need to change some bones in order to remove some glitchy polygons/make the character look more accurate, PLEASE check to make sure whether or not it's possible to simply texture out some of the finer details.

It's getting kind of annoying to get all of these awesome hacks, only to find out I can't use most of them in tournament/replays because they cause gameplay changes.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Okay, this isn't really a request for a specific hack, but a general request towards all vertex hackers.

When you're vertex editing, and you feel you need to change some bones in order to remove some glitchy polygons/make the character look more accurate, PLEASE check to make sure whether or not it's possible to simply texture out some of the finer details.

It's getting kind of annoying to get all of these awesome hacks, only to find out I can't use most of them in tournament/replays because they cause gameplay changes.
Yeah that annoys me too :/ I try to avoid doing it personally.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You can simply export them out of the CSS and then import them into another CSS.

Soniscape

Smash Rookie
Someone get me a skull kid D: Also is there something that automatically gives all characters?

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well.

i guess you can swap each of their textures individually...

i really don't know to be honest if that's not what your asking.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
For that I'd need to have said textures but yes, that'd work.

EDIT: there appear not to be separate files for the two Ice Climbers, meaning I can't just download them and swap them myself. Can someone please help me out with this.

Top Bottom