• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
So you guys get it shipped 1 day before Gamestop? XD
Nah, it'll most likely be shipped the same time as Gamestop, the next business day after the release, which is Monday 10th.
That is, if they aren't back-ordered.

Skepsis

Smash Rookie
While I have ordered both the Freeloader and NTSC Brawl off of eBay, there's still something kind of depressing about this. PAL-region sales are going to be hit hard by importers, meaning Nintendo will continue seeing us as "worthless" customers, meaning we'll keep getting screwed with release dates, meaning we'll have to keep importing. Its a vicious cycle that could be stopped if Nintendo just pulled their head out of their ***.

Brawl in a few days though, sweet.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
I asked play-asia about the shipping date and this is their reply:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

No worry, we should be able to ship out this order around the release day
if there is no official delay from our suppliers.

Beside, please be informed that there is region protection in all Nintendo
Wii systems so Japanese (NTSC J)/US (NTSC U/C) Wii games are unable to play
on European (PAL) systems, and other versions vice versa.

Please be reminded that you will not be compensated in case the parcel is
not working after shipped to your postal address. Please confirm if you
still wish us to go ahead.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Bryan
Play-Asia.com"

If it doesn't get shipped on the 9th and other stores have it in stock I'll just cancel I guess...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Has anyone's FreeLoader arrives yet? I ordered one off the main site, and one off eBay. The eBay one had very positive feedback, near 100%, and said they were getting stock in sometime early this week, next day delivery to UK. Maybe come today.

The thing about Freeloader release date is that the official site doesn't mention anything about it. So I don't know where all these 14th March dates are coming from.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
"Address verification for International orders.
It is very difficult to obtain verification information from banks outside of the US and Canada. For your protection, in most cases you will be required to fax or e-mail us a copy of your most recent credit card statement. If you are ordering from outside the United States, please contact your credit card issuing bank and ask them to release address verification information to GameStop.com. Without this verification, we will be unable to process your order.
"

That's what it says under 'See Details for International Street Addresses Only'
I have rung about this and apparentely "everything went fine" so I assume my order has been processed :D

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
Has anyone's FreeLoader arrives yet? I ordered one off the main site, and one off eBay. The eBay one had very positive feedback, near 100%, and said they were getting stock in sometime early this week, next day delivery to UK. Maybe come today.

The thing about Freeloader release date is that the official site doesn't mention anything about it. So I don't know where all these 14th March dates are coming from.
I dont know about March 14, but this site says march 15

http://www.youtoo.it/php/carrello/scheda_prodotto.php?id_prod=4101

Its in italian, but on the right it says Uscita: Disponibile dal 15 marzo which translates to Release: Available from march 15.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
But where is it's source? >.<

Has anyone emailed CodeJunkies about the release date? All these random websites mentioning release dates out of nowhere doesn't do it for me.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Where did they say that? You mean Monday the 3rd? That's what I thought anyway, hopefully mine will arrive sometime this week then.

I assume 14th is maybe when it arrives in retail. Datel stuff never makes it to many retail stores anyway.

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
I've seen messages on other forums from people who have contacted them and they said the 3rd was the date they got them in stock. Though mine still says unshipped.

Wolfling

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, just wanted to give some info on my orders:
- Freeloader ordered on ebay.co.uk, seller says he receives this Friday, so i'll probably get it next week.
- Brawl ordered from play-asia, says shipped on or sooner then 11 March.

So with some luck i might get both next week.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
While I have ordered both the Freeloader and NTSC Brawl off of eBay, there's still something kind of depressing about this. PAL-region sales are going to be hit hard by importers, meaning Nintendo will continue seeing us as "worthless" customers, meaning we'll keep getting screwed with release dates, meaning we'll have to keep importing. Its a vicious cycle that could be stopped if Nintendo just pulled their head out of their ***.

That's EXACTLY what I thought, I just didn't know how to phrase it

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman

I am one of the ones who will be purchasing the PAL copy when it eventually comes out, but i am just going to use NTSC until then.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Melee is any indication the saves won't work between versions. So you'll probably have to start a new save when you get the PAL version.

Also, I highly doubt importing is going to make much of a dent on European saves. The ones importing are the more hardcore players and they're a small minority of the sales. Plus many of the ones importing would probably still end up getting the PAL version as well, so globally it might actually help the sales figures.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
Hmm I am wondering if the Save for NTSC can work in the PAL game? :dizzy:

Or else you would have to start again?
It won't work. You shouldn't be worried about having to get all the characters again as it takes no time at all (I got them all on the same day I got brawl), and the stages aren't hard to get either. As for trophies, we're ****ed. I don't really care for trophies anyways though.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Well Looks like Trophies will be the only problem then...

I will stick to the NTSC version then, if there are no problems. :chuckle:

Conan

Smash Cadet
I have a very difficult problem.

I have the whole day off on thursday the 13th of march, and I ordered a freeloader on the 3rd from codejunkies, so hopefully that will be at my house by then.

The bigger problem is brawl.

I am going on a school trip from london to new york for 4 days, arriving in the states on the 9th.

Should I risk it and attempt to buy brawl retail in a gaming store before I return (Which may be out of stock) or order one from playasia?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I have a very difficult problem.

I have the whole day off on thursday the 13th of march, and I ordered a freeloader on the 3rd from codejunkies, so hopefully that will be at my house by then.

The bigger problem is brawl.

I am going on a school trip from london to new york for 4 days, arriving in the states on the 9th.

Should I risk it and attempt to buy brawl retail in a gaming store before I return (Which may be out of stock) or order one from playasia?
See if you can find one when you're in NY. If it's not, then order from play-asia. or is there a hook?

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Even though i wont be able to save to a PAL wii, might it be possible to save to an SD card? I have a 2gb one so maybe that would work. If not, looks like my wii is staying on til brawl comes out in the UK.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm, is it possible to save an NTSC save file onto a PAL memory card?
Or do you need a special type of Memory card?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
If Melee is any indication the saves won't work between versions. So you'll probably have to start a new save when you get the PAL version.
Thanks to the CD-Factory, this will be no big deal. I don't care that much about trophies, but the Coin Launcher is fun, so unlocking trophies a second time is still cool. :)

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Right so I ordered brawl off of ebay us last week, it cost £32 including postage and I snapped it up because it was quite cheap.

But then I came across someone who will send it to me in 2/3 days for another £7 more, while the previous one will take 7/10 days.

So I sent this guy a message yesterday telling him that I wanted to cancel the pre-order and recieve a refund over paypal, but 24 hours later and I still haven't heard from him. I don't want to order another version in case a complication with paypal arises and I end up waiting ages for a refund, but I wanna put in my new pre order as soon as possible.

So by being impatient and not searching for the best option i've made the whole thing pointlessly complicated:ohwell:

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Well its not that bigof a differance but i can see why you want to change it. I am in the UK anyway so i get it early even if it comes a month later that the 9th. :(

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Wait a sec, can someone answer a question for me?

Can you save the NTSC Smash bros brawl on your PAL Wii Flash Drive?

and if you can what would happen if I also saved the PAL Smash Bros there would the NTSC be deleted or will both be there?

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
thats what im wondering Xtreme. I dont think SD cards and flash drives are region-protected are they? If not, (for this you would need to use both, NTSC and PAL console) you could save the NTSC (from NTSC console) data to the card/drive aswell as PAL (from PAL console) as they have differant region coding (you will know what i mean if you have used an AR for the DS) but as the freeloader removes the region... im not even sure if you will be able to save it, unless it saves it as a regionless game or it simply saves the data and not region (although then you could only have 1 copy of brawl on it, either NTSC, PAL, etc)

Sorry if im making this complicated.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, just wanted to give some info on my orders:
- Freeloader ordered on ebay.co.uk, seller says he receives this Friday, so i'll probably get it next week.
- Brawl ordered from play-asia, says shipped on or sooner then 11 March.

So with some luck i might get both next week.
I ordered from play-asia and the shipping date says on or before March 31st :(

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
What I meant was that an NTSC save probably won't work with a PAL copy of the game. Saving an NTSC game on a PAL Wii however shouldn't be a problem.

As for PAL and NTSC saves coexisting, I don't think that should be a problem. As far as the Wii is concerned the PAL and NTSC versions are two different games, each with their own identification codes and hence their own saves. This was also the case with Melee on the Gamecube where you could have both NTSC and PAL saves on the same memory card without any trouble.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well it's likely I won't be needing JP/US data anymore after I get my PAL copy.

So, has anyone's Freeloader arrived yet? I'm hoping mine could arrive tomorrow... if it doesn't by Friday, I'll be really pissed off.

And that guy on eBay is going to get a LOT of negative feedback.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
What I meant was that an NTSC save probably won't work with a PAL copy of the game. Saving an NTSC game on a PAL Wii however shouldn't be a problem.

As for PAL and NTSC saves coexisting, I don't think that should be a problem. As far as the Wii is concerned the PAL and NTSC versions are two different games, each with their own identification codes and hence their own saves. This was also the case with Melee on the Gamecube where you could have both NTSC and PAL saves on the same memory card without any trouble.
Sounds good enough to me

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
So, has anyone's Freeloader arrived yet? I'm hoping mine could arrive tomorrow... if it doesn't by Friday, I'll be really pissed off.
Well don't take it out on the eBayer if the release date is, as is rumoured, March 14th. It would be Datel's fault, not theirs.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
If no problems to save a NTSC on PAL Wii, Ill stick to the NTSC game.

Also My Freeloader has not yet arrived, I ordered from main site 2 days ago...

Just read what it says now... it says "On Hold / Unpaid / Unshipped" I must kill codejunkies.... :laugh:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well don't take it out on the eBayer if the release date is, as is rumoured, March 14th. It would be Datel's fault, not theirs.
I don't know anywhere credible that said 14th March. The eBayer said they would be getting stock early this week, and they said they're usually next day delivery. They would get negative feedback if they weren't sure on their stock, not to mention they keep putting more up.

Top Bottom