• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Er is anyones Tracking code from Codejunkies working? I click on it and every time a "
>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. " is all I get. :crazy:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
me too. please, buy it before i do!
There's 195 copies left ;D

The guys seems very respectable, offering quick delivery, and great feedback. I want to buy it from there because I'm afraid Barnes and Noble won't have enough copies on Monday, and I'll end up being stuck on back-order.
I'm torn =S

lolz.

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
They havn't emailed me back yet. I want to know if it's been shipped. I knew I shouldn't have used eBay.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I want to ask this. Does play-asia have enough copies? I'm gonna buy it like next week, when would i get it? In end of March? And does any1 know when they start selling freeloaders in Play-asia?

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
YAY!!!! Not bout the freeloader, but yay!!!

Dear chrisking570,

We have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.

Item title: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Nintendo Wii NEW SEALED!!!
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260216263434
Item number: 260216263434
Buyer User ID: chrisking570
Seller User ID: the-game-haven
Total: $58.94

that has made my day. Now im happy. XD

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
We definitely should start up a UK friend code thread when all our games arrive from over the pond.

I found out that I'll be recieving both brawl and the freeloader by either Wednesday or Thursday. I cancelled my codejunkies one because I ordered it last week and the payment still hadn't gone through. Ebay yet again has saved my ***.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Dammit - Brawl has shipped and Freeloader hasn't. Is there anywhere besides eBay that has definitely started shipping them? Codejunkies are ****, but I've had bad experiences with eBay in the past so I'd prefer anything else.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
ammit - Brawl has shipped and Freeloader hasn't. Is there anywhere besides eBay that has definitely started shipping them? Codejunkies are ****, but I've had bad experiences with eBay in the past so I'd prefer anything else.
Where did you order Brawl from?

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
I placed an order a week ago and people who did it three days ago are already getting there's in.

THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I already have a Japanese Brawl, but I'm sharing it with a friend, so I'm going to get a US Brawl too. Tomorrow would be too good to be true for me. I emailed and they havn't emailed back yet. Also they probably have loads to ship, will they really be able to ship all of them for next day?

Also, my friend told me he had an email from them saying this:

You are the winning buyer for the item below. Thank you for your business!
Although 99.9% of our items arrive next day, Royal Mail requests that we
allow 10 Working days for the item to arrive before they will take action.
We do appreciate your patience during this time. [.quote]
To me, this either says:

- The Freeloader won't be sent for 10 days
- Or we have to wait 10 days before we can complain etc to Royal Mail.

I think it's the latter, but I have to be pessimistic or I'll be really disappointed when it doesn't arrive until next Friday :laugh:

I sure hope it comes tomorrow... that would be amazing... :D

EDIT: I ordered a freeloader from CodeJunkies last week too, and mine still says "unpaid". Even though we've paid.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I ordered from GameStop, but it's not technically been shipped. GameStop says 'shipped', but all that's happened is that UPS have been paid the P&P fee. It hasn't gone anywhere yet, they're just preparing them all so that they're ready to go at 9am on Monday.

And you ordered THREE DAYS AGO?!? That's it, I'm cancelling my order. Has anywhere other than eBay started shipping them yet?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't think anywhere on eBay has actually started shipping yet... or they're not making it very obvious. Noone here has heard anything, and noone owns a freeloader yet, as far as I know.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Aw. I ordered from Gamestop too. Mine still says " Expected to ship March 9th"

=/

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Just checked the Codejunkies FAQ:

We endeavor to get all orders dispatched as quickly as possible. Typically, orders will be dispatched within 2-4 days but delivery could take up to 2 weeks.
So techincally I can't ***** about it until next Friday. :(

Aw. I ordered from Gamestop too. Mine still says " Expected to ship March 9th"

=/
I orderd on the 28th, when did you order? Because I'm guessing they'll be processing them in order, unlike the gits at Codejunkies.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I orderd on the 28th, when did you order? Because I'm guessing they'll be processing them in order, unlike the gits at Codejunkies.
I ordered from Barnes and Noble, but Gamestop ships Barnes and Noble's games, so I don't know =S
Ordered about Tuesday I'd say.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I got two questions.

Will the freeloader f*ck with your Wii in ANY way?

Would Brawl be ruined if I played it before the European release date?

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Will the freeloader f*ck with your Wii in ANY way?
Datel says no, but no one's actually received one yet so we don't know for sure.

Would Brawl be ruined if I played it before the European release date?
Why would it be ruined? The PAL game will be exactly the same game with a few more languages. All you'd be doing by buying US Brawl is getting one of the best games of all time months earlier than fellow PAL Smashers.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
All you'd be doing by buying US Brawl is getting one of the best games of all time months earlier than fellow PAL Smashers.
Exactly, getting it before my friends and stuff, it'd feel like I'm using Action Replay in life in a way, taking the fun out it all

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, getting it before my friends and stuff, it'd feel like I'm using Action Replay in life in a way, taking the fun out it all
I can't possibly think of a way in which waiting around doing nothing for up to 6 months while the rest of the world laughs at you could be considered "fun". When my copy arrives I'm bringing all my friends round for an Easter weekend Brawl marathon - they don't mind me getting it before them, as long as they still get to play it.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I suppose you're right. I'll wait till Monday, that is the deadline for a release for me. If there's no release date by then, f*ck you, Sakurai

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Yeah, well, waiting 3 months whilst NOT playing brawl isn't exactly my idea of fun, you know...

Anyhow, any confirmation on whether or not it works with a US copy? I know it should, but I want to make sure.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I suppose you're right. I'll wait till Monday, that is the deadline for a release for me. If there's no release date by then, f*ck you, Sakurai
The EU release isn't Sakurai's fault. At least, I don't see why it would be.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
This was posted in another forum.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE
I have just been on the phone to Codejunkies. They have confirmed that unless something bad happens in postage, EVERYONE who has currently ordered Wii freeloader (european version), WILL get it by next friday (14th march), which coincidentally, is the release date in stores!

Hope this helps!"

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...php?t=7337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

_Slick_

Smash Ace
This was posted in another forum.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE
I have just been on the phone to Codejunkies. They have confirmed that unless something bad happens in postage, EVERYONE who has currently ordered Wii freeloader (european version), WILL get it by next friday (14th march), which coincidentally, is the release date in stores!

Hope this helps!"

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...php?t=7337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225
That link has already been given. Possibly not the same page, though.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Anyone heard anything from bmc yet? No activity on eBay, no feedback from anyone saying they got a Freeloader yet. I don't think they will arrive today. :(

I wish it would... I want to play Brawl before US :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Well, my copy of Brawl has just been shipped/ is in transit. Now I don't have to worry about not being able to get it shipped on the 10th.
Just got to hope the Freeloader comes before Brawl i i doesn't come today.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I dunno.
My mail comes around 12-1.
So my mail hasn't came yet. Most shippers are apparently now getting Freeloaders on Monday because I think Codejunkies said they were shipping Monday. I'll E-mail BMC today if it isn't here today, and ask when they plan to ship.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
My Brawl has shipped as well. So now I'm just waiting for Codejunkies to ship my Freeloader. I am feeling kind of jacked of though, since I ordered a week ago and some people who ordered 3 days ago already have it shipped. I just hope I'll get my Freeloader before Brawl because having Brawl and not being able to play it would just be cruel.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Okay, I'm kind of annoyed now. Does anyone know when the Freeloader will be available at Playasia?

Codejunkies, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to ship to Austria. 2 friends and me wanted to order 3 Brawls and 3 Freelaoders at Playasia now, but the Freeloader aren't available yet... what's worse, they aren't even available for preorder yet. This makes it seem like it will be quite some time before Playasia gets their stuff.

I guess we'll get the Freelaoders on Ebay =(

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Guys, you know there's a warning on the CD saying it might not work forever, as in nintendo may patch it. It has a nice big ! on the CD with the info. Dosen't mean it won't work but hopefully nitnendo don't gimp people a nice £10 working freeloader. Theres a pic of the CD somewhere on a forum + news site (which i think was a homebrew one) but i don't remember exactly where

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
My Brawl has shipped as well. So now I'm just waiting for Codejunkies to ship my Freeloader. I am feeling kind of jacked of though, since I ordered a week ago and some people who ordered 3 days ago already have it shipped. I just hope I'll get my Freeloader before Brawl because having Brawl and not being able to play it would just be cruel.
Mine is still "In Process / Unpaid / Unshipped" also and I ordered mine before March! And Gamestop shipped my game on Friday >.< I really hope I don't get the game before the Freeloader :ohwell:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I ordered mine before March too... and it still says Unpaid! WTF!

EDIT: Keep in mind I've ordered 2 Freeloaders, one from bmc and one from CodeJunkies.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Guys, you know there's a warning on the CD saying it might not work forever, as in nintendo may patch it. It has a nice big ! on the CD with the info. Dosen't mean it won't work but hopefully nitnendo don't gimp people a nice £10 working freeloader. Theres a pic of the CD somewhere on a forum + news site (which i think was a homebrew one) but i don't remember exactly where
That's most likely just to back them up, INCASE Nintendo does find a way around the Freeloader. CodeJunkies, right now seem pretty sure Nintendo won't, but for their own safety I think they had to put that warning on. They'd be mauled by rabid fans if they didn't.

Meh, I'm just not gonna update my Wii for about 6 months, and I don't plan on buying any other Wii games apart from Brawl lately anyway xP

Top Bottom