• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Got a confirmation email from code junkies now, even though it said Brawl had been shipped on Friday :S Status is "bill information recieved"....Guess this is gunna take some time for me :(

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, mine's been dispatched from bmc too.

Also, what do you mean taunting? I've had a copy of Brawl for over 2 weeks now! It's TAUNTING ME.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ah, that's different from the one I ordered from. The seller I bought from was Perfectlink-co-uk

The place you ordered from seems to be called " Buy memory cards"

Just a note, can everyones TV support 60HZ? xP

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Got a confirmation email from code junkies now, even though it said Brawl had been shipped on Friday :S Status is "bill information recieved"....Guess this is gunna take some time for me :(
Um... Mine has said Shipped since Friday and now today I get the mail from UPS and the Tracking works now. It was on Billing Information received some hours ago, it's now In Transit.
Mine is just 1 step ahead of yours, shouldn't take that long then. o.O Maybe tomorrow?

EDIT: Mine now is in,

NORTH RODE,
GB 03/10/2008 7:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

It will probably arrive tomorrow then! :)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
My TV supports 480p + ;)

By the way... what's canned air? And how does one go about using it?

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
:S I ordered my Freeloader from Codejunkies exactly a week back now, and it's had the status "Shipped" for a few days...>:o yet still no tracking number. Blagh.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
If it arrives tomorrow before school I'll try it out quick and say if it works! O_O

After school, someone else probably will tell you guys already after I arrive from it. lol

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, I probably won't know if mine works until late, because I'm staying at college working until late tomorrow... :laugh:

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Xtreme Starfox :D

And btw, im pretty sure now that this "dirty lens" theory is just a cover up about why Brawl isnt working...I read an article somewhere about it somewhere and well it pretty much proves its a fault that some wii drives have, and not actually "dirty lens"...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
By the way... what's canned air? And how does one go about using it?
It's a can of air, with a tiny nozzle. spray it on things like keyboards, and disk drives etc to get rid of dust in the disc drives. it has an even tinier, thing, long nozzle that you can use for the Wii disc drive. If my Wii is too dusty I'll be trying out my canned air, but I dunno if it'll work.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
Brawl and Freeloader shipped today!! Should have both in about a week :)
Now I just hope that it works with 3.0 Firmware...

Oh, and Dark Google, I bought my freeloader from bluejamgem and they've replied to all my emails :confused: Are you sending emails to service@buymemorycards.co.uk?
Maybe try jamie@BMCdigital.co.uk
My Feeloader from them has been shipped today.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Now I just hope that it works with 3.0 Firmware...
Brawl needs 3.2 to work. For people that don't have access to the internet to update, the Brawl disc has an update on it that updates the Wii to 3.2. I don't know if it's safe to perform that update on a PAL Wii though.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
im using buy memory cards for 1 of my freeloaders too. but i think the best site i have seen is 365games. I was looking at an old chat room and somebody had mentioned a 'great experience' while purchasing a 12 month xbox live card from them in Jan 2007. They ARE trustworthy :)

GIGA-SkullKid

Smash Apprentice
brawl shippd today from play-asia nd freeloader still unshippd from code junkies when do you think thell be here btw i live in ireland

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Thanks Xtreme Starfox :D

And btw, im pretty sure now that this "dirty lens" theory is just a cover up about why Brawl isnt working...I read an article somewhere about it somewhere and well it pretty much proves its a fault that some wii drives have, and not actually "dirty lens"...
About the Dirty lens... what about the people who actually cleaned it and Brawl works now? :ohwell:

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
The people who I have ordered mine from already have brawl and the freeloader and they are going to send in the next 48 hours. They are based in london so i hope to get it within about 3 days at most.

happy days

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Apparently in SOME systems the dirty lens is the case, but in most its faulty disk drive. Some people who bought Wii's a day before Brawl still got a read error. Also, Nintendo have announced they will "clean" your Wii FREE of charge, but they send you a whole new console instead...I dunno just sounds a bit suspicous how Nintendo are offering new Wii's completely free of charge, and some people who some like a crazy ***** have working wii's with brawl and others who have only had it for 1 day are suffering from this problem. Also, whats to stop the dust collecting again? If you send your Wii, they clean, wont everyone just have teh same problem again?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It's a can of air, with a tiny nozzle. spray it on things like keyboards, and disk drives etc to get rid of dust in the disc drives. it has an even tinier, thing, long nozzle that you can use for the Wii disc drive. If my Wii is too dusty I'll be trying out my canned air, but I dunno if it'll work.
So where do you get canned air?

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Brawl needs 3.2 to work. For people that don't have access to the internet to update, the Brawl disc has an update on it that updates the Wii to 3.2. I don't know if it's safe to perform that update on a PAL Wii though.
Looks like im not ganna be buying it then, my internet doesnt work with my wii so i cant get it if thats true :(

(although the 3.2 update just allows it to run without having to put it in, then take it back out no?)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
[qupte]Looks like im not ganna be buying it then, my internet doesnt work with my wii so i cant get it if thats true

(although the 3.2 update just allows it to run without having to put it in, then take it back out no?)[/quote]

I'm not really sure what you're asking =S
I don't think the Wii will even read the Brawl disc without 3.2.
I'm not too sure though.

This dust thing is getting me un-easy. if we get an error message we're screwed =/

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I think we will know.
If it's because of dust: An error message will come up saying it cannot read the Game disc.

If it's the Freeloader: The screen will just turn black, and the Wii will buzz.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, hopefully it'll work... I guess I'll find out if it works for me tomorrow or Wednesday... But where can I get canned air? The screwdriver sounds pretty risky to me.

Also (and entirely unrelated), why do some people have Smash Bros characters next to the "Report Post" icon in their posts?

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
the character icon thing is new. click user cp. go to 'my profile' and look down the page. select character and there you go. we will no for sure whats up by tomorrow or wednesday so im fine with it.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Also (and entirely unrelated), why do some people have Smash Bros characters next to the "Report Post" icon in their posts?
In your profile you can choose which one you are going to be in SSBB.

(I chose random cause I don't just play one character even though Fox is my main.)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
The only place I know that packs Canned air is a store called Maplin. I had to drive 30 minutes to Livingston to get it though. Do you know if there's a Maplin store near you SuperLink?
You can try the Internet also.

I'm definitely not opening my Wii. It'll do more damage than good.

I'll find out for definite tomorrow at about half 12 in the afternoon xP
So nearvous . Haha

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
yet so excited :)

thing is, im normally up til like 5 am then have like 1 hour sleep if im lucky, so it seems like a lot more than it will to you guys who are getting it tomorrow as you will sleep (i have insomnia)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
:laugh: I've never even heard of maplin...

Ah well, I may as well check the internet... if it comes to that. Hopefully it'll work anyway.

Kone

Smash Master
chris - be playing brawl this fri if your up for it. let me know or hit me up on msn. Trying to get monthlies going

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Lol. I've not been getting to sleep till like 4 for ages so it's all good =P

I just can't wait for English to end 3rd tomorrow, then I can head off home.

SuperLink: I think the belkin website does a good bran of canned air. Air duster is one of the best brands I think though.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Guys, i was just wanting to check if my wii was dusty, so i did something clever-ish. i got my white DS stylus and rubbed it on my 360 which is dusty around the back. the stylus collected a lot of dust. i wiped it and stuck it gently in the disc tray on my wii and it came out with like 2 little gray bits of dust on it. careful if you do this, dont push to hard and dont put it to far in...... you have a dirty mind if you are thinking what i think you are thinking...

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Kone, can't do many fridays (this one i can't either), i visit my dad on Fridays, saturdays and sundays and sometimes thursdays.

EDIT: but i can play you online if possible.

EDIT 2: oops, double post. forgive me.

Top Bottom