• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Xtreme: ToasT xP
I'm just putting in some taunt messages now xD

Psyniac: I can't reply to PM's because of my image block thing
Yeah, I'll be happy to play. Just add me whenever you get Brawl =]

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Organising a free for all! I'll be playing with Lant and Craiigg tomorrow afternoon, and Xtreme, Toast etc you're welcome to join! I'll be online (SWF and MSN) at the same time for switching FCs and stuff.

Edit: My brawl name will be "PsyLF"

craiigg

Smash Lord
you dont have to have the right brawl nickname it updates when you add eachother anyway xP
my ike will be bringin the pain, i have 2+ weeks practice on you suckaz

Baz

Smash Rookie
Great now i have TWO Freeloaders. Stupid ****ty codejunkies didnt cancel my **** order.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
is it possible to play with anyone or do you need to use the friendcodes (asking freeload using people)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Haha, guess what? We won't have any money for a copy of Brawl until March 27th. Happy smashing guys, you won't see me do it for a while.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
is it possible to play with anyone or do you need to use the friendcodes (asking freeload using people)
Someone on Brawl Central said they managed to do a " With anyone" match last night, and they imported.
I haven't been able to find anyone to do a with anyone match yet. It's always seeking

That is due to the Brawl online being over-crowded. Give it a week or so to die off and it should be fine..

Psyniac: Oh yeah! I'd be up for a FFA =D

craiigg

Smash Lord
Awesome just got an email from 365 saying it's been despatched. i got 1-2 days deliv so hopefully it'll be here by tomorrow xD

Who else ordered from 365? Did you choose 1-2 days and did it come within the day? =P

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
Awesome just got an email from 365 saying it's been despatched. i got 1-2 days deliv so hopefully it'll be here by tomorrow xD

Who else ordered from 365? Did you choose 1-2 days and did it come within the day? =P
I did, haven't got that mail yet though... and I live in sweden so I can't time anything either :p
When did you order it? I want my mail >>

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
Someone on Brawl Central said they managed to do a " With anyone" match last night, and they imported.
I haven't been able to find anyone to do a with anyone match yet. It's always seeking

That is due to the Brawl online being over-crowded. Give it a week or so to die off and it should be fine..

Psyniac: Oh yeah! I'd be up for a FFA =D
Maybe only EU people can play with EU people and NA people can play with NA people?

Lant

Smash Journeyman

Aye, I just got that e-mail too! Thank god.

I chose Next Day.. so.. tomorow. In theory.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
And here I am, still waiting for that freeloader from codejunkies to arrive, and it's 'shipped' for a week now! They don't reply to mails, yet they have taken my money already...:mad:

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Now Codejunkies replied to my email that I sent on friday. They sent the exact same mail for my pal also.

Dear Customer

Further to your recent email reference the status of your order containing the Wii Freeloader product, we can confirm that all orders have now been dispatched, please allow 7 days for the delivery of the product.

Thank you for your order

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
How do I cancel an order on 365 games? Well..technicly i haven't ordered two but on the status thing it's two listed ..One is * 'Payment received' and the other one i want to cancel is 'processing' ... the only reason it's there was cause i was unpatient and clicked the add to cart for the fun of it before my brother got home and all but the last part I didn't do anything about ( the one where you need a card ) but it's still listed..but it's gonna be listed as 'processing' until I actually pay..which i'm not going to do..I want to cancel it..and..lol..how do I do that? >.< meh I wrote alot of meaningless bullcrap didn't I.... hehe

kooky

Smash Cadet
well i think he will cancel the processing order buy himself, don't worry (i'm saying "he" because the 365games shop is owned buy some guy who i super ultra premium seller at ebay^^).
Why i think that? Easy: He won't worry to sell the copies he has, what means if he has only low copies left he will cancel all processing non payed orders by himself and sell them to someone who pays.
I hope i explained it understandable^^
Just don't worry.

perfectnumpty

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! i got my brawl this morning its real good! i also got into a play anyone match with noo lagg which was good any way i thought i would let you know !

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
well i think he will cancel the processing order buy himself, don't worry (i'm saying "he" because the 365games shop is owned buy some guy who i super ultra premium seller at ebay^^).
Why i think that? Easy: He won't worry to sell the copies he has, what means if he has only low copies left he will cancel all processing non payed orders by himself and sell them to someone who pays.
I hope i explained it understandable^^
Just don't worry.

Ah ok, thanks mate :)

But another thing people ....the canned air thing..does it work as good as opening your Wii and all?:D cause I will be seriously pissed if some DUST prevents me from ETERNAL BRAWL HAPPINESS!:mad:

I fear my Wii's lens are dirty ..so I really want a solution if it doesn't work

kooky

Smash Cadet
well firstly, whats wrong with the guys on this board? every1 worries bout everything, guys, how can you live like this? i would have been died of a heart attack 10 years ago^^

But to answer your question: the canned air thing isn't something guaranted to work. just wait till u get brawl and try out if it works, if not try the canned air stuff. if this isn't working (about 0,0001% chance, seriously, don't worry that much) then i really WOULD'NT try something like open your wii and clean the lens. Please don't risk your warranty for something like that. Think this way: If there would'nt be a freeloader, you (and me of course) would play brawl some time around summer. 1 or 2 weeks later, which is still much earlier than PAL release should'nt let you risk your warranty. Just send it to nintendo if it doesn't work.

PS: for the guys interested, i ordered from 365 games 2 days ago, but i could only pay today simply because my paypal account didn't exist before and was just made for ordering brawl^^ I will post my experiences, like if all works properly and how long it took him to deliver. I know in the UK it's same day despatch, but who knows how long it lasts royal mail to ship to germany?^^

And Aerion, everything's fine, JUST enjoy brawl^^(I know im overoptimistic)

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
Ah ok, thanks mate :)

But another thing people ....the canned air thing..does it work as good as opening your Wii and all?:D cause I will be seriously pissed if some DUST prevents me from ETERNAL BRAWL HAPPINESS!:mad:

I fear my Wii's lens are dirty ..so I really want a solution if it doesn't work
how do you know if your lens is dirty?

kooky

Smash Cadet
you won't know till you try brawl out. A lens that is a bit dirty can read normal discs but will have probs with a dual layer disc, which brawl is. There's absolutly no way in hell to find out other than trying.
But if you
-have much dust in the room your Wii is or
-you smoke in the room your Wii is
it might be that your lens is dirty and can't read brawl. If none of those points above is given there's no need to worry at all.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
If it's a comfort to anyone. I KNEW that my wii would dre on me but it didn't.

I smoke, live in my own filth and use to burn heavy incense. Despite all these factors my brawl plays absolutely fine.

Now if only I could get my Wifi to work...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Can't wait for a lot of people here to get their copies.
Wifi matches =D

Nobody on my friend list is on at the moment =[
Looks like it's CPU's for me for a couple of hours xD

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for a lot of people here to get their copies.
Wifi matches =D

Nobody on my friend list is on at the moment =[
Looks like it's CPU's for me for a couple of hours xD
I could try playing few games with you if you want. I'm afraid lag will be pretty much unbearable though. >_>

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
you won't know till you try brawl out. A lens that is a bit dirty can read normal discs but will have probs with a dual layer disc, which brawl is. There's absolutly no way in hell to find out other than trying.
But if you
-have much dust in the room your Wii is or
-you smoke in the room your Wii is
it might be that your lens is dirty and can't read brawl. If none of those points above is given there's no need to worry at all.
ok so it has nothing to do with the US Brawl, more like DL discs in general then?

craiigg

Smash Lord
If brawl doesn't read, (which is really unlikely unless your wii has trouble reading other games) just buy a triwing screwdriver, open it up and use a cotton bud on the lens and disc spinning mechanism.

canned air wont work that great unless its disgustingly dusty or you open it up =/

ive opened mine up and cleaned it now it plays every game first time when before the discs werent even spinning =)

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
well firstly, whats wrong with the guys on this board? every1 worries bout everything, guys, how can you live like this? i would have been died of a heart attack 10 years ago^^

But to answer your question: the canned air thing isn't something guaranted to work. just wait till u get brawl and try out if it works, if not try the canned air stuff. if this isn't working (about 0,0001% chance, seriously, don't worry that much) then i really WOULD'NT try something like open your wii and clean the lens. Please don't risk your warranty for something like that. Think this way: If there would'nt be a freeloader, you (and me of course) would play brawl some time around summer. 1 or 2 weeks later, which is still much earlier than PAL release should'nt let you risk your warranty. Just send it to nintendo if it doesn't work.

PS: for the guys interested, i ordered from 365 games 2 days ago, but i could only pay today simply because my paypal account didn't exist before and was just made for ordering brawl^^ I will post my experiences, like if all works properly and how long it took him to deliver. I know in the UK it's same day despatch, but who knows how long it lasts royal mail to ship to germany?^^

And Aerion, everything's fine, JUST enjoy brawl^^(I know im overoptimistic)

Ahhhh thank you so much :) you really cheered me up ..and cr00mz...it's just that it's been on my brothers room for some time..and I think he smoked alot ...but with the windows open ofc..and after that..it was on my other brothers room and he treated the Wii like crap..it was lying on the dusty floor without the stand ffs -.- ...but you guys have some really good points :D thanks for cheering me up..( PS: I was reading that if your Wii had problems reading some discs from time to time..your lens might be pretty dirty..and my Wii had problems reading Windwaker..but it was borrowed from a friend tho' ..and I dont think he treated it that well ;) )

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Theres a chance I could be receiving 3 Freeloaders on Friday :p Need to cancel my CJ order and one of the 2 orders from 365....lol please no 3 freeloaders :(

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
ok, i've never used a DL disc, and never had trouble with my wii (except for Scarface disc making strange noises when it loads, and MP3 once bugged with the music (it froze for like 2 sec) also i have my wii lying down, and nother then that i have got no problems, i'm still very much considering imported smash but will wait a little while to get better impressions on internetplay

(btw that soft black material where you put in the disc in the wii, is that for 'safety'? so you dont get your wii lens dirty)

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
I'm not quite sure about this, but one finnish guy told this. The US version of Brawl has the 3.2U firmware update on it. If you have 3.2E then you are fine, it will just install one game specific update or something that doesn't hurt your Wii. If you are below 3.2E (for example 3.1E, 3.0E) I wouldn't recommend to run the update on the Brawl disc. That would propably just **** up your Wii. So make sure to update your Wii to 3.2E if you are going to play US version of Brawl. Japanese version works on 3.1E, there's a video of that on youtube.

Really not sure about this, but I wouldn't take the risk.

Top Bottom