• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The return of the Smash Stamp

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
THE SMASH STAMP

This idea was originally by Surri, i find it really good but unfortunately the stamp died.
So ima revive it.

Q&A :

Q: So what's the smash stamp ?

A: Its a Double S that smashers put after their username, to prove that they are good.

Q: How could this help ?

A: Whenever you host a ssb game, you can't always know who's a noob and who's not.
Basically, anyone that wears the Smash Stamp, is experienced, and is considered as not-noob.

Q: Does that mean if I see some1 that doesn't wear it, he's a noob?

A: Not at all, I might forgot to give it to some people, or they maybe just don't wanna wear the stamp. This is only to help people to know who's good.
Exemple someone wearing the Smash Stamp:

Zenyore (§)

Now if you don't have the Smash Stamp and are on the below list, you can add it after your username.
If you're not here, then you will have to play me, and I'll judge if you're worthy enough to wear it. If I know you're good, just post a reply saying I forgot you and I'll add you to the list.

Official List :

Any MC Member
Any PPS Member
Burner
Dylan TNGA
Firo
FJPizzl3
Garuda
HolyQuebec
Lawrencelot
Marth
Nephiros
Nixxxon
PD
RichTheDevil
Saske
Shablivion
Shade
Stoned
YBOMBB
Zenyore
ZGE

I will update this list whenever I think of someone.
For now, post your replies and add your name if you're on the list.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Me.

Thats good, its like the belt colours on fighting disciplines, black, red, white and stuff.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i'm in pps.. automatic entrance!
too bad i won't be adding that thing though

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll challenge you to be on the list :p

Next time I can guarantee availability to play would be Sunday, starting at around 11:00 pacific (2:00 eastern). Does Sunday work for you?

Or am I one of the 'good enough to automatically get in' people? :p

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Add me, I'll use the stamp. I have a reputation for not johning or being a scrub so I never have trouble finding games anyway.

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
I'll challenge you to be on the list :p

Next time I can guarantee availability to play would be Sunday, starting at around 11:00 pacific (2:00 eastern). Does Sunday work for you?

Or am I one of the 'good enough to automatically get in' people? :p
i already thought of adding you to the list but I never saw a vid of your gameplay and I never played you.

also yeah, sunday 2:00 PM is good for me, i wake up at 1 so it should be fine

i'm in pps.. automatic entrance!
too bad i won't be adding that thing though

ur starting to change usernames more often than I do, so if I was you, I would add that tag.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i already thought of adding you to the list but I never saw a vid of your gameplay and I never played you.

also yeah, sunday 2:00 PM is good for me, i wake up at 1 so it should be fine

ur starting to change usernames more often than I do, so if I was you, I would add that tag.
my name has been the same for months and months and months I don't know what you are talking about. You're the one that keeps changing names, making youtube accounts/swf accounts for those names, making clans and then letting them die so don't be telling me i change usernames more often than you.

My mind is made and i won't be joining that smash stamp thing.

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
my name has been the same for months and months and months I don't know what you are talking about. You're the one that keeps changing names, making youtube accounts/swf accounts for those names, making clans and then letting them die so don't be telling me i change usernames more often than you.

My mind is made and i won't be joining that smash stamp thing.
lol bs
also i dont give a **** if you put it or not
the only thing is I dont see why you wouldn't put it, maybe you're just trying to be different for no reason

Vax Zen Beta Spoke
Dair Grakekiru Virus Yoshi Wrath Near

Obviously you used more names than me
Keep the fails coming.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I assume that's 2pm eastern time. Sure, that works for me.

Also, is being quoted in Dair's sig a good thing? :p
yessir

lol bs
the only thing is I dont see why you wouldn't put it, maybe you're just trying to be different for no reason

Vax Zen Beta Spoke

Obviously you used more names than me, *******.
Keep the fails coming.
Dair isn't even a smash name i use.. Grakekiru? i briefly used that not really a sn i kept using same thing with virus. only ones that i see that are viable are near and yoshi wrath.. looks like that's 2 names and you have 4 ;)
And i'm not using it because the pps tag is already big enough and i don't need another special character name added to my SN

Oh yeah and before you went indecisive and changed your post like 3 times i saw that you didn't know i was in pps.. just ask boom or look at the wiki

killa k

Smash Ace
lol bs

Vax Zen Beta Spoke

Obviously you used more names than me
Keep the fails coming.
lol u had more like Yin Crush, Senior Beta, Clashter...

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol i thought i went a bit hard on you
k i used more names than u happy ?
i dont feel like starting a whole trollfest in this thread.
BROtip: don't make your own threads trollfests by making lies... like i dunno.. saying that i change names frequently.

I've used more names than both of you combined, easily.
LIES that title goes to Smasherx74.

I change my name every time I go to egx
THE KING/MAH BOI is my favorite lol

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
The thing is
Do you ever go on EGX?
I don't think I ever saw you, so I was wondering if I should put you in the last.
I don't go on EGX. I only P2P. Last time I went to EGX was ages ago. The quality of connection and of player is just too much better with P2P, although you're not always guaranteed to find someone available to play.

Anyway like I said ask Boom, or we can set a time to play.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Add the €S clan to this. Not that any of them visit EGX that often; p2p is better in any aspect except for teams.
P2p is also worse at changing opponents lol.

I mean, on a server like EGX you can say ggkthnxbai when your tired of figthing somebody and you go for another very fast

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Dair vs Zen? Place your bets!

jk, stop acting like jerks xD

And the reason this stamp died, is because a wise man (who I honestly cant remember...sorry D: ) pointed out how egotisitical it is to rate the players yourself.

I do think how ever this could work IF more thought was put into the selection of players who get to wear it.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
P2p is also worse at changing opponents lol.

I mean, on a server like EGX you can say ggkthnxbai when your tired of figthing somebody and you go for another very fast
With p2p as well, just ask people on msn... my 'smash' msn category consists of like 80 people of which like 25 are from ssb. There are always several people online, except on a Tuesday morning or something.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i think it would be better if you put some kind of symbol on your SN that means you p2p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So what stops people who aren't on the list from putting the double S in their names?
The same thing that stops people from calling them out, and from checking this site.

And the way our community works...it's pretty much a matter of time before someone sees someone wearing one who shouldn't...then tries to blast them for some crazy reason.

Top Bottom