• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
WOW kage

good ****, im proud of you warrior!!!

THIS IS THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE

THIS IS THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR!!!!!

and im not surprised kage got 5th at all, he was talking about revival of melee all week at work and saying how he was going to do amazing

he said what he was going to do, and he did it. people should recognize him as the best ganon easily now, he always places well in tournies now, including american ones.
I never doubted Kage for a second! He's freaken amazing!

strawhats

Smash Master
Look, m2k was/still is undeniably the best melee player of his time. Ken inspired me to play as marth, yet even I am intelligent to know that m2k ***** ken's *** at OC3 and his entire crew while he probably wasn't even trying. How quickly everyone forgets that m2k beat mango at SCC. Its true mango is ridiculous now a days being probably the only one who can challenge the greatest EC has to offer. Let us see who is the self-proclaimed best at Genesis because it is there that the greatest battles will take place. It is there where mango will have to defeat the world and not just m2k. You can't deny that it iss because of m2k monstrous skills why so many great new gen players came out of the shadows.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good stuff Azen and Chu

they probably haven't played melee in months and they still **** at it

P.S. Brawl 1 year anniversary is two days away

joeplicate

Smash Master
Look, m2k was/still is undeniably the best melee player of his time. Ken inspired me to play as marth, yet even I am intelligent to know that m2k ***** ken's *** at OC3 and his entire crew while he probably wasn't even trying. How quickly everyone forgets that m2k beat mango at SCC. Its true mango is ridiculous now a days being probably the only one who can challenge the greatest EC has to offer. Let us see who is the self-proclaimed best at Genesis because it is there that the greatest battles will take place. It is there where mango will have to defeat the world and not just m2k. You can't deny that it iss because of m2k monstrous skills why so many great new gen players came out of the shadows.
dude, mango just WON this tournament
and beat mew2king

what are you still trying to argue.

araknophobik

Smash Master
Care to explain?
Which EC player was ever undeniably the best?
PC won one tourney against Ken and Ken came back the next tourney.
M2K started to beat Ken at the time Ken stopped playing, but at the time KDJ could beat M2K fine as could Azen if I'm not mistaken.
KDJ beat Ken in around that time as well. Ken tried a little and beat KDJ at OC.
Ken then stopped leaving Cali due to not liking the game anymore from what I understand, and M2K started beating EC due to KDJ not really playing anymore and Azen not really caring enough to beat him though he was better from what it seemed based on M2Ks comments around that time.
Everyone then talked lots of **** about how Ken wasn't the best, so he practiced a little and left Cali and won Evo. M2K got completely destroyed and didn't place anywhere near the top and I think this is where he started to lose to Mango. As I said Mango came up around the time Ken stopped. Yeah Ken lost to Mango here too, but unlike M2K he just figured him out the first set then ***** the next set, whereas M2K loses the first set then loses worse the second.
This was Ken's last major tourney where he seemed to put forth any effort if I'm not mistaken and sure there may have been a few tourneys of a lull inbetween but then there was Pound 3 to wrap up melee prebrawl and well we all know what happened, Mango beat M2K again just as he had at Evo.

So since Mango started beating M2K at Evo while Ken could still prove to beast to an extent if he put forth effort to do so I think my argument stands that M2K could never be called the best.

If I got some stuff mixed up feel free to correct me.
you're stupid
you obviously slept thru the time where kdj beat ken, then ken beat him at oc
then you missed this part
kdj beat ken pretty convincingly at mlg finals
then ken retired except for oc3
and in that time pc followed by m2k followed by kdj then back to m2k when kdj retired as best player in the world
ken began to be outmatched toward the end of his career

ken had the crown in the beginning
then it went to the east coast
and came back to the west at the end with mango

**** why did i waste a post on you im going to bed

LLDL

Smash Hero
I hope the results page goes up soon, that way I can post my shoutouts. Best tourney i've ever been to

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
I was really impressed with mango's falco too. I'd say hes the best overall player now.

I think Shiz would prolly beat him though. Shiz just overwhelms the **** out of everybody.

How did the Mango/Shiz friendlies go?

Oh and 2 FL in the top 7. FL is good enough to be its own region *****es.
LMAO NO, First of all, i heard mango beat him in a falco ditto MM, second of all, shiz doesn't overwhelm mango for ****, i can tell you that much.

Jesus Christ can you ***s just ****in admit it??

WTF is it gonna take??

Evey time he BEATS M2K's AS$ you guys just say nah, "m2ks still the best and mango has to beat him more and beat everyone else more."

No **** you, its done. I mean he went UNCHALLENGED here, as in didnt lose to **** (chu was close though ill admit) and when m2k straight GIVES UP and suicides, i think he saw that there was no ****in chance. WTF DOES THAT SAY. You KNOW that if it was the other way around youd all be talkin maddddd **** and sayin M2K is undeniably the best. Well no *** that, Mango didnt even go puff in grand finals LOL.

So recap, Mango beat everyones ***, mango doesnt go puff in grand finals cuz you ***s say thats all hes got, mango jokes the **** around last match cuz that **** was a joke to him, dont try and act like m2k wasnt tryin to win that last match.

LOL nah but, you guys got ****in *****, i wish i coulda been there to see it.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
did you guys not have fathers to look up to, the meatriding in here is atrocious. Both Mango and M2k are incredible players, the best of this generation. WC has some good players too, Zhu got 9th. Right now its pretty obvious mango is the best, but the dickriding is rising to epic proportions. Let the results speak for themselves.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
m2k would have won, what happened is that he had a phone call and he had to play with his teeth, so he could only use the jump button and he accidentally killed himself when he jumped so high that he star KO'd himself

No, but seriously, good **** to everyone, I'm sure everyone played really well and tried their hardest, no rusty johns. I didn't go but just reading the results makes me o_o and pray for some form of video somewhere of awesome ridiculousness.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
So are people playing at the venue right now? I'm wondering if I should pop over for friendlies/crews/etc

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Go on youtube man I believe there is one tourney from Janurary.

Also he didnt say Chutdat was the official most impressive player at the tourney, it was just his opinion.

He also DaShizWiz might have played one tourney to your knowledge but do you really think he wouldnt be practicing with friends for this?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kage is the best ganon in the world.

COUNT IT NOOBS! NUMBER 1

Also, wtf happened to vwins in singles? Did he play Peach and Sheik in doubles? Who took them out in losers?

EDIT: most people would agree that kage installs fear in his opponent when playing them xD

and I'm surprised no one commented on Azen's "brawl > melee" comments.

Also, all those "x is better than y" posts suck. can't we just enjoy the game and congratulate people without having to boast or be aggressive and whatnot? =/

Finch

Smash Lord
Go on youtube man I believe there is one tourney from Janurary.

Also he didnt say Chutdat was the official most impressive player at the tourney, it was just his opinion.

He also DaShizWiz might have played one tourney to your knowledge but do you really think he wouldnt be practicing with friends for this?
Shiz doesn't live near any smashers and doesn't even have the game right now. Since FAST he's been to exactly one tourny in January just to play Chu and see everyone. If anyone at all has a reason to john it's him but I know he won't. I'm not saying he's better than M2K and mango but he's certainly a ****ing incredible player.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Me and QDVS are Shiz's friends.

he doesn't have time to play ever.

I haven't seen him in months, he literally never plays with anyone, because he has school and a job.

The only practice he gets is vs his brothers when they have time.

But he is still a god.

Milos

Smash Lord
What a beast tourney

Go bronson!

that set was beast

shoutouts real quick

SCAR - You are the ****ing man. you *****, and you helped out a lot with driving and everything. good ****
Mang0 - beat m2k
Shiz - that was **** you're too good
RaynEX - Beast son glad glad you came through milk is ****
Europhoria - we didn't play.... at all.... and you were at my house for like 24 hours.... next time though i love fox vs marth
KOJ - we didn't play either steffon what the hell? rep that rochester son
unknown552 - we were supposed to be pool buddies :(
Hax$ - holy crap aziz you're ballin'
jman - you already know son we chillin chillin!!
PB&J - thanks for the advice in teams man you're so good
Cactuar - ahahaha good **** you never lose your cool
Wife - my son, my pool buddy, and of course, my homeboy
Prog - my bro, nuff said. you're good against fox
ALUKARD - LOVE U
Your sister and girlfriend - talk about dedication where you at
smiley face crew (me raynex hax watty swiftbass) - YU GI OHHHHHHHH

if i'm forgetting anyone sue me there were a lot of cool people there

oh yea m2k - good **** beating bronson that is a feat no joke

PS. to everyone saying that just cause mango beat m2k means WC > EC..... im not diminishing his victory at all, but lol WC would still get ***** in a full regional crew battle i don't get why you don't understand that LOL. maybe mango's better than m2k i don't really care i've never talked to either of them for more than a few seconds, but haha how that translates to WC > EC escapes me.

fun stuff

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Funny story, me and my friends were arguing about who is the better character, cap or ganon.

I said cap because I mean look at how they place and the character match ups.

But then I see Kage getting 5th and I start watching some of his matches...my god.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I keep replaying M2Ks third stock. dear god
I love the chaingrab on Shiz.

"OLE! OLE! OLE! OLE!"

Then M2K finishes it off with a couple o' f-airs and a d-air. Beautiful.

I have a feeling that there are going to be some amazing videos from this tourney. Why couldn't I be here?

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom